SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Life Liberty and Levin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life Liberty and Levin Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else watch? Reminds me of the long editorial on TV news during the 1960s. The guy is really cerebral but interesting. No joking around here. Last night he spoke of how the French helped us to gain independence.

Posts: 17284 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I try to watch it every week. He really does not mince words.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Good until he goes on the ukraine binge. Being of Russian decent he goes hog wild and totally off the rails on the subject. A real turn off. i shut him off at that point. Too bad for him. As smart as he is. He is totally ignorant and cannot control himself on on this subject imho.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Good until he goes on the ukraine binge. Being of Russian decent he goes hog wild and totally of the rails on the subject. A real turn off. i shut him off at that point. Too bad for him. As smart as he is. He is totally ignorant and cannot control himself on on this subject imho.

I have to agree, he ignores so much in his support of Ukraine. That said, no one else comments on current events with Levin's depth and perspective. But he is an odd duck. The yelling aside, he comes across as a homebody, little anecdotal talk of interactions with other human beings and the perspectives that can bring. Is he dyslexic? He mispronounces stuff all the time which follows my previous point of being a homebody. Most annoying is saying Mar A LARGO. Yikes, it's KEY Largo! A passing knowledge of Spanish should tell him Mar a Largo makes zero sense.

So yeah, a unique, valuable and infuriating odd duck but he's our odd duck. Bless him warts and all.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8370 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
He's a dyed-in-the-wool former Reagan staffer. Not a surprise of his stance on Ukraine. His yelling on his radio show is just ridiculous fake outrage, just like Michael Savage. Can't stand any of these talking heads anymore. Every single one of them.

Q

Posts: 26522 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yep, I gave up on Rush Limbaugh more than 25 years ago. Never listened to him again.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I watched the recorded show tonight.
Agree or disagree, it’s fascinating that Levin takes on Tucker Carlson, a Fox colleague with a much larger audience. Good for him.

Posts: 18096 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Good until he goes on the ukraine binge.
Yep liked listening to him generally.
He had some decent points although as 12131 stated yelling and ridiculous fake outrage is annoying.

Once he climbed on his Ukraine high horse, it pushed me beyond my listening tolerance level.
No longer tune him in.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I stopped listening to Limbaugh years before his death. Levin as well. These men know the audience they are targeting at its for ratings and money purposes first and foremost. I'm even starting to listen to Shapiro less and less. This grab you by your lapels and shouting from the highest rooftop the end is nigh just doesn't appeal to me as I age. Its amazing how my anxiety level goes way down when I switch to music.

Posts: 7556 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post