SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My covid experience
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My covid experience Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I lost all smell on day 4 or 5 and about the only thing I taste is salt. We don't eat much salt at all so I'm probably more sensitive to it than normal. I realized I lost it when I ground some coffee I roasted the day before. I love the smell so I always take a big whiff and got nothing at all. I thought I screwed up the roast somehow but my wife said it smelled amazing. I hope I get it back soon.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I lost all smell on day 4 or 5 and about the only thing I taste is salt. We don't eat much salt at all so I'm probably more sensitive to it than normal. I realized I lost it when I ground some coffee I roasted the day before. I love the smell so I always take a big whiff and got nothing at all. I thought I screwed up the roast somehow but my wife said it smelled amazing. I hope I get it back soon.

My loss of taste and smell came on pretty rapidly while I was at work. I noticed that I couldn't really taste my dinner, so I went out in the garage to the gun cleaning bench and unscrewed the bottle of Hoppes 9. Nothing. So I sprayed some brake cleaner...nothing. Went and gassed up my car and sniffed the hose, still nothing.

That was Monday night...it was actually good for my blood sugar numbers because I wasn't really motivated to eat anything for a few days. Yesterday I started getting it back, and today breakfast tasted about normal. I think I got the most mild case of this possible.

Posts: 9251 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
OP, I hope you continue to recover.

A client came in with Covid the week after Christmas. It has run through my office.

Husband and I had it last week. Mild for both of us. Lots of coughing, low grade fever, chills, fatigue. We have an O2 meter, and neither one of us had any breathing problems. I lost my sense of taste and smell about day 3, but it returned quickly.

We used over the counter medicine. I felt really bad, but never to the point where I thought I needed to get my doctor involved.

FWIW, both husband and I are vaccinated. We have passed on getting the booster. Of the four people in my office who had Covid, 2 of us were vaccinated, 2 weren't. For three of us, the symptoms and recovery time have been very similar. One of the unvaccinated ladies is having a hard time and isn't really recovering well. I think her difficulty may be down to her being a little older (but no comorbidities) or having a different variant.

Posts: 2694 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife and I had our bout with it in August last year. We were both vaccinated in early ‘21.
I was given ivermectin, another basic antibiotic (can’t remember now) took extra vit c and zinc. Symptoms were flu like, weakness, aches, no energy. Basically ate very little, and did very little for about 4 days. Losing taste and smell was a downer. We were in the framing stage of a new house build. I couldn’t smell the lumber curing in the hot Tx summer. Mine was basically all handled by a visit to a minor emergency type clinic.

Posts: 3649 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seamus
posted Hide Post
My wife was exposed JAN 7 and tested positive on the 10th. I tested positive on the 12th. Both of us were asymptomatic and only tested due to upcoming international travel and the testing required to return to the US.

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough."

-Mark Twain

Posts: 417 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see the recoveries. Many at work have had it, and my sergeant and our administrative assistant has had it twice. Others who've had it and have just returned to work are dragging badly. They are without energy, and their spirits are way down. Another sergeant who just came back from his bout is talking about retirement which is years before his goal.

I have two Moderna injections from many months ago, and I'm down and dirty with a multitude of people without wearing a mask. For whatever reason, COVID hasn't taken me like so many others around me. I just pray that if I do, that I make it and make it back to full health.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1217 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, throughout it all I never lost my sense of taste or smell.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8659 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't think it deserved it's own thread, but since it's covid related, I'll put it here. Had a friend from church whose wife and two daughters all came down with covid at the beginning of the pandemic before the vaccine came out. My friend and his son (to the best of his knowledge) never got it. He asked his doctor on a subsequent visit why the doc thinks he never got it. The doc says "What's your blood type?" He and his son had O negative. The doc said that while he won't say O negative blood type makes you immune, the blood type does seem to offer protection against the virus. Sure enough, there is evidence that bears this out. I think that's strange. Almost to me provides at least a little evidence the disease was bio engineered. Here are two references, although if you google it, there are others.

https://www.infectiousdiseasea...ion-abo-blood-types/

https://www.frontiersin.org/ar...imb.2021.767771/full

Posts: 1072 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:

My wife gave it to me so we had the same strain and both were vaccinated with no booster. She lost taste and smell and I didn’t. If there is anything about this virus, it is unpredictable.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8758 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:

It's much less common with Omicron, compared to earlier variants.

Posts: 33110 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post