SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help with a holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with a holster Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted
I'm looking for a holster that my M&P will fit into that can be placed on my plate carrier.

I like the safariland options, but they don't make a holster that fits my gun. In fact, I can't find anyone that does.

I have an S&W M&P Pro 40 with a TLR1HL and a RM07 RMR. (I actually wanted to mount a TLR3GHL, but when I was purchasing a weapon light for this rig that seemed to limit possible manufacturers even more)

Currently I use a universal nylon holster made for weapon lights that came with my plate carrier from AR500 (It's probably condor). It's not a great option, but its worked fine up until now since installing the RMR.

I'd prefer a suede lined kydex with retention. I don't like the blackhawk serpa retention method, but I'd live with it if it was the only choice.

Again, this will live on my plate carrier, which gets thrown in my truck, car trunk, etc depending on the need. It needs to not break off and it needs to be capable of retaining the firearm.

I was going to use a safariland design up until I installed the RMR...which removed that holster from working.

Ideas? I like the blackhawk's system for QD on a plate carrier, but I've not had a chance to see one in use in the field yet. Anyone know how they hold up to any real use at all? Safariland holsters are easy to modify also...but if anyone makes a holster that doesn't have to be cut and glued to work, that would be better than spending ~$200 just to hack away on it. Especially if it ends up being crap that breaks the first time it gets drug along the ground or bumped in the field.

After installing the ATS trigger and RMR on the slide, I'm way too invested in this gun to swap it out for another. Besides...I really like it and shoot it well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suggest double check this Safariland holster for compatibility - I tried to check it, but way too many option for the M&P to know if I'm getting the right one.

https://www.safariland.com/-ho...dot-optic-DG_18.html

tp

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone can help me out...are the dimensions of the 5" pro 9mm the exact same as the 5" pro 40?

Because the M&P pro 40 in 5" isn't listed with safariland on any of their product finders, I even searched through all their pdf lists.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g4tx:
Suggest double check this Safariland holster for compatibility - I tried to check it, but way too many option for the M&P to know if I'm getting the right one.

https://www.safariland.com/-ho...dot-optic-DG_18.html

tp

When the pro9 is used, it brings up a list of holsters of which this one:

http://www.safariland.com/prod...ountListText&start=5

is the only one listed which is capable of holstering with a light installed.

It doesn't look rmr compatible. Their system won't let you add an rmr to the gun in their fitment guide.

I'm at a complete loss.

www.rikrlandvs.com

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Perhaps one of Garrett's offerings would work for your setup? This link is for M&P 9 Pro / C.O.R.E. models: http://www.giholsters.com/category-s/239.htm
With the customization that Garrett offers...I'm sure they could whip something up that meets all your needs.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are kydex makers out there that will make you a holster that uses Safariland's bolt pattern. OTG and T-Rex Arms come to mind

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post