SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Students Support Diversity Quotas...Until It Comes to Football
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Students Support Diversity Quotas...Until It Comes to Football Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Twenty and brainwashed

Hurr durr

How does it feel to have all those untouched, never-before-challenged brain cells get the ice cold water of reality thrown on them? That's OK, children, go back into your trance. It was all just a bad dream...

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least a few of the kids had their eyes opened. Now somebody needs to show them how to dress.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Thanks for posting. I wonder what they would say about bending academic requiremnts for athletes and minorities. Are Navy Dixie cups back in fashion for college kids??

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
The university is no place for semi-professional sports. The universities should scale sports back to intramural levels and focus on education. At the very least, they should not be lowering admission standards for athletes.
Now let’s talk how to deal with the “your favorite victimized subculture”-studies departments.

-Loungechair

Posts: 676 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I truly believe all this diversity and inclusion and cancel culture crap is going to blow up and swing back the other way. The biggest challenge facing these little snowflakes has been the lack of critical thinking being taught to them. My rights don’t stop where your sensitive feelings start. If systemic racism is truly a real thing, then it really exists in the soft bigotry of low expectations. That is how diversity and inclusion quotas destroy organizations.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Well put. Along this same line I've always pointed out to my friends here in academia, who complain about college sports, that "athletic coaches do a better job of getting the best results out of the best performing students then professors do. And if by chance the coach doesn't, he's fired and replaced with a better one. Shouldn't we change it so universities recruit the best students in their field and if they don't produce top results be fired and replaced?" They just mumble about doing the best they can with what students they're given.....

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7099 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many didn’t make the connection and therefore didn’t make the video.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5686 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The university is no place for semi-professional sports. The universities should scale sports back to intramural levels and focus on education. At the very least, they should not be lowering admission standards for athletes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Millions of dollar involved. The better schools such as Stanford have a tougher time recruiting athletes. Stanford does have lower standards for admission for its athletes, as does Navy.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I truly believe all this diversity and inclusion and cancel culture crap is going to blow up and swing back the other way. The biggest challenge facing these little snowflakes has been the lack of critical thinking being taught to them. My rights don’t stop where your sensitive feelings start. If systemic racism is truly a real thing, then it really exists in the soft bigotry of low expectations. That is how diversity and inclusion quotas destroy organizations.

This is really insightful and well said.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Just wait until the diversity quota hurts them with job promotion.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What? No arguments that Pacific Islanders are "Asian"?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As usual the diversity agitators want diversity anywhere they are underrepresented, but are fine with places they are over represented. Perhaps the best way to end this is for white and Asian men to file lawsuits demanding equal representation of white and Asian in the NFL, NBA, etc. The courts will have to decide in favor of the best talent getting the job, which will set a precedent in other areas.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally unaware of the cognitive dissonance they are displaying...so much for teaching critical thinking.

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
What? No arguments that Pacific Islanders are "Asian"?
I've seen some island boys who can play on the offensive line...for the Lions. Razz

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
could stand only 1:17 of their stupidity.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Empty headed automatons.

Posts: 9968 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Twenty and brainwashed
Bingo. If there's anything that video proves is that these kids have not received a bit of real debate and discussion of issues. Their responses prove indoctrination not education is occurring. The upside, some of these kids appear open to reason when introduced to the concept.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
...some of these kids appear open to reason when introduced to the concept.
Because a video camera pointed at them.

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
So these students believe Diversity and Inclusion are great until your team goes 3-8.

Priorities, priorities, priorities.....

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet they would have no idea that Texas football was not integrated until 1970.