SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bought a new Kubota
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a new Kubota Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new skid steer. It looks to be about the size of my CAT 259. I really wished I could open the front door with the arm raised...

You mentioned plowing snow with it and I use mine occasionally to do that. You will find that the rubber tracks make traction a bit difficult on any surface that isn’t’ the pretty flat. They sell tungsten screws that you can just drill into the track that greatly improve the traction....or you can be a cheap SOB like me and just get a box of machine screws and screw one on each pad. They last several plowing sessions and for the coin can’t be beat.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6323 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Old Rugged Cross, in 30 years of running a tree service, I only used an excavator on a job one time. It was big Deere that was probably in the 15 ton range. I had to remove a huge Oak tree that fell into a golf course pond. We used it to drag the pieces to shore, then grab it with the thumb and load it on a truck.

An excavator could be used to dig out stumps and stack logs. For us, a stump grinder is more efficient and a skid steer is faster at moving and stacking logs.

Posts: 3231 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice.....Temperature controlled cab is a nice thing to have

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Nice, I love Kubota. I wish I could justify purchasing to have one. The local rental place helps me out when there is a need.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks suppressed, I understand. I am just not sure a Skidsteer would be versatile enough for me. An excavator can push smallish trees down, roots and all. Can stack slash, dig out stumps, clear area's. Reach out and touch stuff.

How do you stack logs. I assume you have forks or a grapple attachment?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19193 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Boy that thing's nice I'd love to have one for my property! Can't justify one just for that though and my little Kubota tractor can pretty much do what I need.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Thanks suppressed, I understand. I am just not sure a Skidsteer would be versatile enough for me. An excavator can push smallish trees down, roots and all. Can stack slash, dig out stumps, clear area's. Reach out and touch stuff.

How do you stack logs. I assume you have forks or a grapple attachment?

I use a log grapple. Here it is on my New Holland LS180:

I can grab logs from the side or on the ends and load a truck from the rear.

Posts: 3231 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Sweet, maybe I could use one of them Eek

posted Hide Post
I had a bunch of tree work done this year and I was shocked at the power of the little stand-on piece of equipment that they used. Most of the trees were way to big to get your arms around and this little thing would pick them up like it was nothing and run them up a steep hill like it didn't have a load. Super efficient.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is damn nice congrats.

Posts: 95 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://omaha.craigslist.org/g...teer/7253624127.html

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cheni, I guess I was pretty close at $70k new. i appreciate you posting that link. Happy new year.

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Love it!

Posts: 4631 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I tilted the cab back to take a look inside. I thought you guys might be interested.