SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Illinois Senate approves assault weapons ban
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illinois Senate approves assault weapons ban Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
C'mon Mega millions.
Bendable needs a change of venue

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It may well be overturned in the federal system.
I think that is very likely. Similar laws have already met the knife.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It may well be overturned in the federal system.
I think that is very likely. Similar laws have already met the knife.

flashguy

Problem is the amount of time and expense is enormous.

How many of these fights can the Gun Rights organizations fight with just guys like me chipping in a $50 now and again?

On the other hand, the other side (the state) has unlimited taxpayer money to represent their side.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are basically saying they don’t really care about black gun victims. If they really cared about gun deaths they would look at some statistics like chellim1 pointed out and see where they could make the biggest impact.

Posts: 3921 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

The only good thing that ever came out of Chicago was pizza and the blues.

And hot dogs. Chicago Dogs!

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Not as horrible as the ones in NY, RI, NJ, CA but still distressing to see happening. Sorry to those good people in IL that are about to be shafted. I hope the legal challenges are brutal and effective against this tyranny.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
C'mon Mega millions.

Getting my ticket later today. Bendable is welcome to the ranch I hope to get in Wyoming.

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamess1:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
C'mon Mega millions.

Getting my ticket later today. Bendable is welcome to the ranch I hope to get in Wyoming.

We welcome you.

PC

Posts: 1339 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

And hot dogs. Chicago Dogs!

Of course!
Sorry 'bout that. Cool

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Be interesting to see how Springfield Armory responds to this legislation being passed.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Be interesting to see how Springfield Armory responds to this legislation being passed.

And Rock River Arms.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Maybe they should pass a law against killing people.

Oh wait, nevermind...

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
And when there’s no change in violence, blame WI & IN??

They do that now. Frown

Posts: 6620 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^
Hold on. I was born and raised in Chicago. Left a long time ago but have family in the area.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The good news is that IL has a very strong 2A activist foundation. They have beaten the State and the city of Chicago time after time in court.

This will eventually end up in the Supreme Court, where under the Heller line of cases, it will be found unconstitutional.

This sucks for those in Illinois, but anything that hastens a SCOTUS decision on bans of the most popular rifle in America is a good thing in the long run.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
It passed the house, just need governors signature now. It will be a big signing ceremony I am sure. After all he is on their short list for 2024.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy that just moved to Illinois for work a couple of months ago. He’s not a happy camper right now.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I wonder if police will be required to check CCW holders pistols for "unlawful" magazines if they are pulled over for anything for possible easy felony bust.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah. In Highland Park home of the Overprivilged.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted January 10, 2023 01:09 PM Hide Post
C'mon Mega millions.

^^^^^^^^^^
I am rooting for you!