https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9330009164

October 15, 2019, 08:33 AM
PASig
NBA/China

October 15, 2019, 09:53 AM
Sig209
moral cowards for sure

------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
October 15, 2019, 09:59 AM
benny6
I guess LeBron is taking a beating on Twitter today. Someone commented he's no longer king, he's chairman now.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
October 15, 2019, 10:30 AM
Il Cattivo
Well, if he takes another title we'll just have to promote him to secretary.
October 15, 2019, 10:38 AM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I guess LeBron is taking a beating on Twitter today. Someone commented he's no longer king, he's chairman now.

October 15, 2019, 11:37 AM
Russ59
If I knew how to post some memes, there are good memes of Lebron supporting China, political murder, and chasing $$.

P229
October 15, 2019, 11:44 AM
HRK
Rush is beating him like a stepchild
October 15, 2019, 12:22 PM
feersum dreadnaught

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
October 15, 2019, 12:23 PM
parabellum
^^Yeah, that's gotta sting, and damn if it ain't true.
October 15, 2019, 08:04 PM
feersum dreadnaught
New Lebron shirt...

https://store.barstoolsports.c...eech-its-tshirt-time

October 16, 2019, 12:03 AM
corsair
Ol'LeBron hasn't a fuckin' clue about what all these images are all about and how it's connected with his pathetically ignorant comments. You're way over your skis LeBron, rein your neck-in and start educating yourself on world history. Grow a brain and pick-up on the clues.
October 16, 2019, 01:41 AM
skyline009
Bet you that dumb shit don't understand that 3 chinese word on the T shirt means.
It means fuck your mon. Go kiss the fucking communist ass you pos.
October 16, 2019, 06:07 AM
feersum dreadnaught
Satire. Stinging satire you dumb MF.

LOS ANGELES, CA—NBA superstar Lebron James recently told reporters that while he respects what Rosa Parks did for civil rights by refusing to give up her seat on a bus in 1955 Alabama, he thinks her protest “probably could have waited a week.”

James, an expert in geopolitical relations as well as the game of basketball, went on to explain that people in power stand to lose a lot of money when protesters challenge the status quo. “Civil rights demonstrations should really be limited to times that are convenient to everyone,” James told sources. “When Rosa Parks started the bus boycott by refusing to give up her seat, I guess there were some sporting events scheduled that week in downtown Montgomery that lost a lot of revenue. It wasn’t fair to them. I can’t really blame Ms. Parks though. She was just misinformed.”

“In the future, I hope people will think about how voicing their support for civil rights and freedom might impact rich and powerful people, like me,” James added.

October 16, 2019, 06:11 AM
feersum dreadnaught
On Friday, Fox 1 sports journalist Jason Whitlock explained it all on Fox News:

“It’s very simple actually. Nike is in control of basketball — the NBA, college basketball, high school. Nike is the real person driving this conversation in this thing with China. If you go back to — and I’m going to connect it to politics — in 2015, in May of 2015, President Barack Obama went to Nike’s headquarters in Portland, Oregon and announced his defense of the TPP – Trans-Pacific Partnership.”

And guess who’s upsetting that sweet TPP deal? Why, President Donald Trump!

“Who is the President that came after Obama and walked America away from the TPP? Donald Trump. Who is the shoe company that employs LeBron James, Colin Kaepernick and these other athletes that smear Donald Trump as racist? Who are the people constantly criticizing Donald Trump? NBA, Steve Kerr, Gregg Popovich.”

https://www.realclearpolitics....trumps_policies.html

October 16, 2019, 08:48 AM
FenderBender
I don't think people understand the enormity of the Chinese market, the NBA could lose the rest of it's fan base and still have north of 500 million Chinese fans.
October 16, 2019, 09:09 AM
arfmel
Let them move their worthless asses to China, then.
October 16, 2019, 09:28 AM
dusty3030
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Let them move their worthless asses to China, then.

Amen brother.
October 16, 2019, 09:56 AM
HRK
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I don't think people understand the enormity of the Chinese market, the NBA could lose the rest of it's fan base and still have north of 500 million Chinese fans.

Well if it keeps this up, it will be doing exactly that...
October 16, 2019, 10:17 AM
hile
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Businesses need to do business.

However...we (Nixon) created China, and have supported it's growth beyond our own. It's long past time to smash it down.

FDR created communist China. Long before Nixon.

I know little of the history of the region. The US provided support to nationalist forces (Chiang Kai-shek) against the Japanese forces. The Flying Tigers come to mind as does the airline Chenault created post-war that was the predecessor of Air America.

What am I missing as far as support for Maoist forces?
October 16, 2019, 10:25 AM
jhe888
This is all another reason for me to scorn the NBA.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.