SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anne Arundel Maryland police chief resignation letter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anne Arundel Maryland police chief resignation letter Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
There is a movement in this nation and in this county to remove the teeth of the police. It is wrong and it will have grave and lasting effects that you will see and feel. Violent crime is already ramping up across the country and here, in our county. I have been told I should be ashamed of considering us sheepdogs, that it is somehow biased against certain groups. That is false!

The flock needs protecting, the sheepdogs do that when the wolf shows up. I am a sheepdog and will not apologize for it. If society takes the teeth from its sheepdogs, there is simply more sheep for the slaughter. I humbly suggest this nation and this state and this county wake up from the nightmare it is creating for itself before the violence gets to a point where we can’t recover.

By your very silence, you are backing your elected officials into corners where they feel only those seeking to bind the police more tightly have a view. It is not right and they need to hear from you who have faith in your police. The alternative is anarchy and entropy.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the insanity that is going on in this country, if I were a police officer and eligible for retirement, I would be gone before the dust settled!

In many cases our LEOs are fighting a losing battle, what with all the ultra-liberal idiots fighting to defund them and all the other brutally stupid nonsense.

I thank every police officer I come across for their service! And will continue to do so.

Should I come across a situation where an officer needs assistance, I will provide what assistance I can at 82 years of age!

Until the "normal" Americans stand up and put an end to this crap it will only get worse!

Posts: 1010 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: October 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Elk I hope you’re never in that situation but if it does happen I can’t wait to read “That’s when this 82 year old guy stepped in and kicked ass like an angry Viking. Big Grin

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
We are making a difficult and unsafe job more difficult and unsafe. Did I mention the pay sucks? I don't see how that wouldn't affect numbers.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Well, that's interesting.

As a lifelong resident of AA Co., I can't say I've ever had trouble with our county PD. It's always a concern when the county executive is a damned limousine liberal (he plays the poor dirt farmer, when in reality, he comes from old horse money) who panders to the radical left at every opportunity.

I hope and pray that Altomare's replacement comes from inside the ranks.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post