SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We were sitting in the Salt Lake City airport 2 days ago for about an hour. I'd say the mask wearers were about 1 in 50 people. For some reason, the grocery stores, Sam's, Costco run about 2-3 in 10. 5 years from now, some will still be masked up and ready for the 10th booster shot.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4210 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Also, Chicago public health data shows covid infections in vaccinated 5-11 year-old kids is significantly higher than infections in unvaccinated kids.
Given the data we currently have available, it should be considered child abuse or child endangerment to inject this snake oil into children. Much of this country has lost its damn mind.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
^^^ Yep, same here in MO. No one wears a mask anymore. Few people want a "booster". They are throwing them away by the thousands.
But I'm hearing things are different in NY. Paranoid. Delusional... swallowed the propaganda whole.

Yup, I'm seeing the same thing down here. Only a very few people wearing masks now. Went to a gun show down in Springfield over the weekend and I bet I didn't see more than 10-15 masks...and that's a big show.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5023 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/xN-l6H0VhDs

More info

Fauci, Collins Shared In ‘Secret’ NIH ‘Royalties’ Totaling $350M: Watchdog Report

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When I go out, the people I see wearing masks make up less than 5 percent; one in twenty- yeah, that seems about right. For the sane people among us, this crap is a thing of the past. For some people, it's now part of their world.

When I see a person wearing a mask these days, I have an urge to ask them if they plan to ever take it off, but I don't do so, of course. It's their business if they want to walk around looking like a scared soul who swallowed the propaganda whole.

Agreed. I do find it sticks in my craw when I see small children masked up around town.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Looks like they are going to make us all mask back up at work now, the county my employer is at here in PA (Montgomery Co) just hit "High" on the CDC's newer "Low/Medium/High" case system.

FFS, is this SHIT ever going to end? Confused Mad

Posts: 33580 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

It'll end if we all tell the government to get the fuck out of our homes and businesses with this shit.
I won't spend a dime with any company that enforces this stupid shit and I let them know how much they are losing to their competition.

Posts: 10825 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
We're down to maybe 3-5% of the people I see out in public. There's one guy at work who never stopped wearing one, out of close to twenty of us.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Looks like they are going to make us all mask back up at work now, the county my employer is at here in PA (Montgomery Co) just hit "High" on the CDC's newer "Low/Medium/High" case system.

Washington state was one of the very last to drop the mandates... about a month and a half ago. If we suddenly go back to mandatory masking, I'll inform my employer that my final day is just going to go ahead and be the day before it goes into effect since I'm leaving anyway. I'm not doing this fucking dance any more. We've had half the company out with the Covid the last few weeks, and while it may actually be a good idea to wear a mask at work, I'm so fed up with the whole thing that I've made the conscious decision to say "fuck it, let's spin the wheel."

I've had it at least two times that I know of, and I think likely a third time this spring where my only symptom was a seriously messed up sense of smell for about two months. If it was going to kill me, I think it already missed it's best shot at it, which was in late January 2020 while I was drunk 24/7, and in liver failure on top of type 2 diabetes, being four hundred pounds, and asthmatic with no known treatments for the virus at the time. Really. That's when it should have killed me. I was one big, fat, walking risk factor. I think I'm good and if not, fuck it, it's been a fun ride.

Posts: 17046 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
White House's Covid Czar Makes Grim Prediction That Americans Will Need Endless Vaccines

Posts: 12562 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You go ahead and take them, "czar"

All of them

I was out today and saw just one person wearing a mask. No one is freaking out about keeping six feet apart or any of that other useless shit we did for two years. All of this stuff is in the past for normal people, and I don't think you're going to have any luck with your wish umm "prediction" that we take shots forever. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound, saying that silly shit? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107237 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:...

Dress up as Injuns, get on the supply boat with the masks and have a party...

When you see people in masks, try bleating like a sheep.

Let's see how long it takes to make that a "hate crime".

(kidding)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43801 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It is ending. What you see going on is the death throes of the control freaks.

Be of good cheer. We made it through this utter nonsense. Of course they don't want it to end, but, too fucking bad. It's going away a little more each day. If you live in a leftist-controlled part of the country, it will take a bit longer, but this coming November will speed things up a good bit.

Posts: 107237 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
You can go fuck yourself with your next dose Mr. government man. I won’t take any of them, and you can fuck right off.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11239 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Just checked in for first time in a while. I guess this is still a thing?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Delta has finally announced that they are bringing back the pre-departure drinks on June 2nd. Way back I said that would be the day that this covid con would officially be over. It took way longer than I thought it would, but yeah, it's over and done with, and we aren't going back.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
White House's Covid Czar Makes Grim Prediction That Americans Will Need Endless Vaccines

Yeah? Good luck with that…
I survived without the first batch and I’m not getting on that treadmill. Fuck off.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23932 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“White House's Covid Czar Makes Grim Prediction That Americans Will Need Endless Vaccines”.

Not to worry; the only people getting them will be the dyed in the wool loons that still believe the “vaccines” work. Sadly, there are MANY entrenched in this belief- we have a family friend that continues to poison themselves and their children with the snake oil; they are far from alone.

I completely agree that the plandemic is nearing its end. Masks will be completely voluntary as will the snake oil except for executive branch employees and the military. Maybe someday they will be dropped as well but it won’t be while the criminal Biden administration is in charge.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Humans are now hackable animals. The whole idea that humans have this soul and spirit and they have free will and nobody knows what's happening inside me...that's over."
-Yuval Noah Harari

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Delta has finally announced that they are bringing back the pre-departure drinks on June 2nd. Way back I said that would be the day that this covid con would officially be over.
We use alcohol-based hand sanitizer to prevent contracting The Virus, so it just makes sense that drinking alcohol-based beverages is a valid preventive measure.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30537 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’m at a youth soccer tournament and there’s at least 1,000 people. I’d say a good 80% are protecting themselves with hats, sunglasses, and/or sunscreen. Not a single mask that I can see. I suppose there could be someone way down at the far end. Seems like people are having a good time. There’s kids in the bounce houses and they are certainly having a good time.

Posts: 10811 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post