SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The virus will mutate until it is virtually a light cold.

Our family’s experience would indicate it’s already there. Mrs. sloaig had light cold symptoms for 10 days. Son, daughter, and I had very light cold symptoms for a day or two. My comment was that this is the wimpiest cold I have ever had. Son’s comment was, “If this what we shut the world down for, we’ve completely lost our minds.”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slosig,

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Do you know for sure it was COVID/Omicron? Were any of you tested? I could have been a 'light cold'...They're still out there you know Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chellim1:
The narrative is falling apart, piece by piece

More on the subject.

STORY AT-A-GLANCE -
As noted by Dr. Ron Paul in the January 10, 2022, Liberty Report above, U.S. authorities
have suddenly started to change their tune with regard to COVID and the COVID shots.
Pandemic Narrative Undergoes Radical U-Turn
Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola  Fact Checked
 In recent days, the pandemic narrative has undergone a remarkable number of U-turns
January 9, 2022, CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky sent out a tweet saying “We must
protect people with comorbidities from severe COVID-19,” in other words, focused
protection, which is what tens of thousands of doctors have been calling for since the
creation of The Great Barrington Declaration in early October 2020

 January 10, 2022, Walensky admitted that the COVID shots cannot prevent transmission
The CDC is now saying you should not retest once you’ve recovered from COVID, as the
PCR can provide false positives for up to 12 weeks after the infection has been resolved.
They’re also cutting the isolation requirement from 10 to just five days — probably
because the failing economy is hurting Biden’s approval rating so they need people to
work

The narrative is also changing on what makes for a COVID case and how deaths are
counted. Walensky recently admitted about 40% of “COVID patients” tested positive but
do not have symptoms and are hospitalized for something else. She has also promised to
deliver data on how many people have actually died “from” COVID and how many died
“with” it

https://articles.mercola.com/s...-radical-u-turn.aspx

Posts: 255 | Location: Stafford, VA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^The COVID Test Kits I received in Mid-December from the State of NH indicate the following:

Manufacture Date: 10/7/21
Use Before/Expiration Date: 9/17/23
Storage Conditions: 59-86 Degrees F (15-30 Degrees C)

15 minuets to get an answer...
Thanks nhracecraft

Thats is much better than I expected.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
More indication that as long as the Fauci types are in control, this fearmongering and imminent death narrative will continue:

As COVID Cases Plunge Across America, 'Models' Are Once Again Warning Of Imminent Deathmageddon

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Do you know for sure it was COVID/Omicron? Were any of you tested? I could have been a 'light cold'...They're still out there you know Wink

When SIL called to say her eldest had tested positive the morning after we came home from visiting we ran out and bought Binax Now tests. Son tested positive, the rest negative. Daughter popped a fever that night and quarantined for ten days (her school requirement at that time). She never retested. Son quarantined for ten days w/ no retest also because he didn’t want to wear an N95 mask. Mrs. slosig and I had some symptoms the next day (makes sense, less contact with the nephew than the kids who spent a bit of time in a room with the cousins playing video games, but then we spent two hours in the car with our kids). Per the direction of the lady at the kids school who stays on top of what the local requirements are, I quarantined for five days then tested with the Binax Now again (negative) and was legit to go about my business with an N95 mask. I’d have just quarantined for ten days, but I had some meeting it was better not to miss. The quarantine time sure was peaceful though… Mrs. slosig tested positive on day eight and day nine of her quarantine.

Is it possible that the daughter and I had a different cold and the son and wife had Covid? Sure. Not the most likely, but possible. Is it possible that the tests. Were wrong and none of us had Covid? Sure, but from what I’ve read it is false negatives rather than false positives that are the usual problems, and supposedly the Binax Now test catches 93% of the positives. I believe with a high level of confidence that we all had Covid. Because it was so wimpy, I assume it must have been Omicron, but who knows.

Other interesting tidbits:

The SIL and the nephew who we believe shared it with us are vaccinated, none of us are. The SIL and nephew had a harder time of it than I or the kids.

While I took quercitin (500mg) and zinc (30mg) three times a day and vitamin D3 (10,000iu) once a day based on some of the information I learned in this thread, the lovely bride read the labels and took the same zinc and quercitin twice a day and the D3 only once every three days. I don’t if this contributed to her taking longer to kick it or not.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Omicron is causing the Delta variant to disappear. Omicron is less pathogenic. The liars, propagandists, genuinely stupid bureaucrats and the drug companies will draw it out for as long as they can (and end up revealing themselves to all but the most dull-witted among us) but light is beginning to appear at the end of the tunnel.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Why the vaccines don't work

A recent article introduced the term "negative efficacy" regarding COVID vaccines and implied that this reaction explains why more vaccinated than unvaccinated people are getting sick with COVID. A non-Google search turned up several articles about negative efficacy that confirmed the claim with more details. The most detailed article made the following points:

It [negative efficacy] doesn't mean the protection wears off (like we were told). It means the OPPOSITE of what you were told: it means the vaccines helps the virus to infect you (by suppressing your immune system, probably permanently each time we are injected according to Dr. Ryan Cole).

In short, we've been lied to about the vaccine. It is protecting you less and less over time. While you may get a benefit for earlier variants, the benefit for other variants (and likely other diseases) is going to be negative. In short, you are getting a short term benefit against Delta, but at the expense of a degradation of your overall immunity to everything else.

To test the above hypothesis, trend data from Our World in Data was used to compare five different countries. For simplicity, I focused only on the vax rate, the number of new cases, and confirmed COVID deaths. The U.S. was selected for obvious reasons followed by the U.K. because it had somewhat stricter lockdowns like most of Europe. Australia was added because of the intensity of its lockdowns, mask, and vax mandates. Admittedly, Australia did have success using these tyrannical police state methods to minimize the damage from COVID at least until now.

Sweden is there because of its notoriously minimal lockdowns followed by praise for its success in achieving natural herd immunity well before any other Western country. India was added because it alone appears to have tamed COVID from day one by using common, inexpensive therapeutics in its early outpatient protocols (notably hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin) and much less reliance on vaccines. Except for one surge in hospitalizations and deaths due to the emergence of the delta variant, India has experienced far fewer total deaths relative to its population.

Vaccination Rates: Notice that Australia and Sweden now rank highest, although both started their vax campaigns much later than either the U.S or the U.K., while India arrived very late to the vax party.

Daily New Confirmed COVID Cases: Things are looking grim for the start of 2022! However, we know that much more testing is being done now and this could partially explain the surge. Note that only India with its lower vax rate has not skyrocketed with new cases, but likely tests less. Of interest, the three countries with the highest vax rates also surged up the most with Australia exploding past all.

Daily New Confirmed COVID Deaths: Obviously, deaths are the most important metric and will lag behind new cases by at least two weeks and sometimes a month or more. However, notice that COVID deaths in every country except India have spiked upward almost in unison. You can continue to monitor the same daily death rates here.

Some Key Takeaways:

1. The more contagious, but far less deadly omicron variant plus more frequent testing are likely driving cases up. However, the totally unexpected increase in deaths is concerning. The winter season may explain some of it, except Australia, where it is their summer.
2. These data confirm that the countries with high vax and booster rates correlate with the Jan. 2022 increase in cases and deaths. This confirms that the most likely cause is the claimed negative efficacy effect from the overuse of the original vaccines. In other words, the original vaccines are now causing more harm than good.
3. Sweden's herd immunity success is now busted, likely because of its belated decision to force vaccinations when almost everyone there was already protected by natural immunity.
4. Australia's unexpected surge in cases and deaths suggests that its draconian lockdowns and other mandates have delayed COVID but totally failed to keep it away. Costly universal lockdowns, regardless of how extreme, serve only to delay the inevitable.
5. Only India's exceptionally low death rate is unaffected at least so far, but its climbing vax rate, if continued, is a concern.
6. The world needs to immediately cease relying on the original vaccines and learn to live with the virus. For people infected, follow India's example by approving the emergency use of similar early-treatment therapeutics to stop the progression of the disease before it can reach the stage resulting in hospitalization or death.
7. Obviously, more in-depth research by professional immunologists with much more expertise than mine will be required to confirm these findings.

Let's face it. The virus has reached the stage where it is endemic and will be with us forever, just like the related common cold and seasonal flu. It's time for us to resume living our lives without the continual government fear-mongering, virtue-signaling, and freedom-robbing COVID mandates.

https://www.americanthinker.co...cines_dont_work.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Can you believe these ignorant little shits? They WANT to be led around by the nose. What happened to our young people? This country is raising bolcheviks. Imagine when you were a teenager actually protesting because you aren't being lorded over enough. Incredible.

Park City students walk out of class to protest Utah Legislature

PARK CITY, Utah — Over 100 students at Park City High School walked out of class Thursday to protest the Utah Legislature's efforts to overturn mask mandates.

The students are angered over a resolution passed Tuesday in the Utah State Senate which would overturn the mandates in Summit County, where Park City is located, along with Salt Lake County. The Utah House has yet to take up the resolution.

"These actions by the state legislature are unacceptable and put Park City's and Utah's population at risk," a video showed one student saying over a megaphone.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/...est-utah-legislature

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Free day out of school with no consequences.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I managed to make it 22 months without getting the China Flu. Now I'm naturally immunized (the best option)

My 5th grade (age 11) son's teacher gave it to 6 kids in his class last week. I don't blame her, shit happens. I think she called in sick on Wednesday. My son left school not feeling well on Friday. Saturday I gave him a take home test I got from my neighbor and he tested positive. The tests expired over 1 year ago, but still seem to be accurate.

My son gave it to my other son (10), my wife and me. After I brought him home on Friday I decided we all might as well get it and have natural immunity. This only symptoms both of my kids had was they were tired for less than 1 day. They each slept for a few hours in the afternoon on 1 day. My 11 YO on the Friday he came home and my 10 YO on Monday. Wife felt like shit and slept most of the day on Sunday. I felt like shit on Tuesday, and also had a huge headache. I kinda felt crappy on Wednesday and took another sick day.

Of course, as most of us on here know, the vaccines don't do shit to stop the spread. Wife and I got our 2 Pfizer shots in late Oct and Nov because our employers told us we'd lose our jobs if we didn't get the shots. Neither of my sons have had the shots...and they won't.

So wife and I got the China Flu roughly 5 weeks after being "fully vaccinated". What a bunch of horse shit these "vaccines" are. It still pisses me off my employer forced me get the shots under cover of a .gov mandate (my employer is a gov contractor). I've worked form home 100% since 2014 and have zero in-person interactions with anyone at my company.

While only 1 of us technically tested positive, I am 100% certain we all had it. We didn't "report" the positive tests to anyone. Fuck them, I am not adding our 4 cases to the positive #'s.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are getting over it currently. I came down with it last Thursday and she on Friday. Symptoms went from flu like to currently more headcold like. I seem to have lost all sense of smell and most sense of taste, I thought that wasn't supposed to happen.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I am fully convinced that we have seen, over the past 18 months, the birth of a new religion: Covidianism.

Its practitioners are the liberals, the mainstream media, the misinformed, the uninformed , the "players", and those whom they have terrified over what is now a virus equivalent to the common cold.

The objects of worship are the vaccine, the mask, and the mainstream media. The redeemer of these adherents is the vaccine which in the eyes of the liberals is a fulcrum for applying power and control over the true believers. Against Omicron, it is nothing but a placebo. The "Players" believe in the vaccine for another reason, money and lots of it.

Both of the above groups have good reason to keep the others frightened and convinced that their government is coming to their aid. Power and money arise from this charade.

No government has ever saved their people from a pandemic. Neither will this one or any of the others around the world applying Draconian measures against their populations.

Enter the United Kingdom, who just yesterday threw their collective governing hands into the air and ended all mandates including the mask mandate.

May the true God inspire us all to follow their example.

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My work just put the kibosh on any cloth masks or gaiters, a mask is required for entry and we are *supposed* to keep it on all day, but I “forget” to put it back on while at my desk.

Only three-ply surgical masks, N95 or KN95 are permissible now. I notice at least 50-60% of people still have the cloth masks so this is going to get interesting.

They live and die by the CDC, I was just joking with my wife today that if the CDC came out with “guidance” that walking around with a finger up your rectum would help keep Covid away, my place of work would be insisting on two fingers and deep, by Monday morning. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The blue surgical masks work great - for stopping the spread of bacteria, allergens and pollution. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
My wife and I are getting over it currently. I came down with it last Thursday and she on Friday. Symptoms went from flu like to currently more headcold like. I seem to have lost all sense of smell and most sense of taste, I thought that wasn't supposed to happen.

Well I felt lousy just like you on Jan 1 and felt crappy for 3 days total then was pretty much over it except for a cough that lasted about a week. On Day #4 though I did lose my sense of smell and taste completely and everything tasted like cardboard to me. I’m happy to say it’s finally starting to come back 16 days later; I’m about 60% there. That’s a good sign as my FIL lost his for 6 full months Frown

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
My work just put the kibosh on any cloth masks or gaiters, a mask is required for entry and we are *supposed* to keep it on all day, but I “forget” to put it back on while at my desk.

Only three-ply surgical masks, N95 or KN95 are permissible now. I notice at least 50-60% of people still have the cloth masks so this is going to get interesting.

They live and die by the CDC, I was just joking with my wife today that if the CDC came out with “guidance” that walking around with a finger up your rectum would help keep Covid away, my place of work would be insisting on two fingers and deep, by Monday morning. Roll Eyes

We got the mask mandate a few weeks ago. About 50% compliance. I wear my chin diaper and if I see a manager or a customer I slide it up. Also I have two coworkers who are strict mask wearers, I try to keep it up while around them, but inevitably I forget or it moves while I talk.

It's the stupidest shit ever, no one can actually wear one properly, no one has a supply large enough to change them multiple times a day (which you need to do if you want any kind of efficacy), very few have N95s. It's all just some bizarre virtue signaling. Most of the people I work with are all blue collar, the vast, vast majority are just sick of the BS.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
"These actions by the state legislature are unacceptable and put Park City's and Utah's population at risk," a video showed one student saying over a megaphone.
JHC!!! These snot-nosed puke sheep have been brain-washed. Good god!! The American Civil War Part Deux is going to last about 17 minutes, given the intelligence of our "enemy"...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I didn't think the CDC came out with an N95/KN95 recommendation...I thought they just said blue "surgical" mask. According to OSHA, N95/KN95 masks must be individually fit-tested and should only be worn in certain time intervals with 30 minute breaks in between. If your company is REQUIRING N95/KN95 masks, I'd suggest opening their eyes to the potential litigation if they don't take the time to fit-test EVERYONE on property.

But knowing you, sir, you already know all this..... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
I finally caught and in turn gave it to my wife. I had monoclonal antibodies yesterday so hopefully it helps. Neither myself or my wife are doing bad in fact, if it weren't for the sore throat, this wouldn't be bad.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post