SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Good luck trying to get me or a member of my family into one of those. I'm not at my wits end with this nonsense but I am getting close.

I love that I am seeing push back against mask mandates in NY. Just about every store I go into is about 50/50 wearers vs non. I refuse to wear it. When I get questioned by staff I just point to my hearing aids and say I can't hear you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5915 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have to extend this to the 2022 elections so they can demand universal mail in ballots again.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:

I just point to my hearing aids and say I can't hear you.
My hearing aids do not give me anywhere near 100% comprehension. Depending on the frequency content of the speaker's voice, any accent that the speaker might have, and how fast s/he is speaking, I might just be hearing loud sounds that are not understandable words. I just tell the person, "I'm sorry, I am hearing impaired and I do not understand what you are saying. Would you mind writing the question for me?"

Much of the time I just receive a "never mind" gesture.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30741 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:

I just point to my hearing aids and say I can't hear you.
My hearing aids do not give me anywhere near 100% comprehension. Depending on the frequency content of the speaker's voice, any accent that the speaker might have, and how fast s/he is speaking, I might just be hearing loud sounds that are not understandable words. I just tell the person, "I'm sorry, I am hearing impaired and I do not understand what you are saying. Would you mind writing the question for me?"

Much of the time I just receive a "never mind" gesture.

Exactly!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5915 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
They have to extend this to the 2022 elections so they can demand universal mail in ballots again.

Winner winner chicken dinner! This is exactly why this is being ramped up now. There is much more fuckery to come before the elections. Brace yourselves.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^
Will there be train tracks leading up to these "camps"??? JHC on a popsicle stick!!! Eek

And will there be a special department to round up the problematic citizens? They could dress them up in some spiffy brown shirts.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16538 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go to 05:42 just watch for around 45 seconds. No commentary from me needed. WATCH:

Jesus this omicron sounds scary as hell! Especially that one that died 'with' omicron, imagine if he died from omicron. Eek

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20846 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Well, it’s an election year so she said mean things about Biden’s vaccine mandates in an attempt to make herself look better in the eyes of voters. I believe Michiganders are sick and tired of Whitlers’ hypocrisy to her own COVID mandates.

Well, agree that she may have stepped on her dick, in an effort to make herself look better, and although that is an almost impossible task, don't the fucking commies stick together?

That and we still have the dominion cheating machines here Mad

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Archbishop Vigano’s startling warning to the American people

Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò is a noteworthy maverick within the Catholic Church hierarchy. He retired as Papal Nuncio to the United States in 2016 and has exposed what he sees as great scandals within his Church.

The Archbishop has issued a Christmas letter to the United States that is unusually blunt about what he sees as a conspiracy underlying the handling of COVID.

DEAR AMERICAN PEOPLE, DEAR FRIENDS, for two years now, a global coup has been carried out all over the world, planned for some time by an elite group of conspirators enslaved to the interests of international high finance. This coup was made possible by an emergency pandemic that is based on the premise of a virus that has a mortality rate almost analogous to that of any other seasonal flu virus, on the delegitimization and prohibition of effective treatments, and on the distribution of an experimental gene serum which is obviously ineffective, and which also clearly carries with it the danger of serious and even lethal side effects. We all know how much the mainstream media has contributed to supporting the insane pandemic narrative, the interests that are at stake, and the goals of these groups of power: reducing the world population, making those who survive chronically ill, and imposing forms of control that violate the fundamental rights and natural liberties of citizens. And yet, two years after this grotesque farce started, which has claimed more victims than a war and destroyed the social fabric, national economies, and the very foundations of the rule of law, nothing has changed in the policies of Nations and their response to the so-called pandemic.

Last year, when many still had not yet understood the gravity of the looming threat, I was among the first to denounce this coup, and I was promptly singled out as a conspiracy theorist. Today more and more people are opening their eyes and beginning to understand that the emergency pandemic and the“ecological emergency” are part of a criminal plan hatched by the World Economic Forum, the UN, the WHO, and a galaxy of organizations and foundations that are ideologically characterized as clearly anti-human and – this needs to be said clearly – anti-Christian.

One of the elements that unequivocally confirms the criminal nature of the Great Reset is the perfect synchrony with which all the different Nations are acting, demonstrating the existence of a single script under a single direction. And it is disconcerting to see how the lack of treatment, the deliberately wrong treatments that have been given in order to cause more deaths, the decision to impose lock downs and masks, the conspiratorial silence about the adverse effects of the so-called “vaccines” that are in fact gene serums, and the continuous repetition of culpable errors have all been possible thanks to the complicity of those who govern and the institutions. Political and religious leaders, representatives of the people, scientists and doctors, journalists and those who work in the media have literally betrayed their people, their laws, their Constitutions, and the most basic ethical principles.

https://www.americanthinker.co...american_people.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24186 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Stunning Covid data from Denmark
But not for the reason you've been told; the story is vaccine failure, not Omicron

Alex Berenson

The Danes are now publishing extremely detailed daily data about Covid cases and hospitalizations - not just about Omicron, but all Covid variants.

And, in news that will surprise precisely no one who has been alive the last two years, they paint a picture entirely different than what the media claims.

Omicron - which continues to appear significantly less dangerous though more transmissible than earlier variants of Covid - has been used as a cover for vaccine failure.

Most new Covid cases in Denmark occur in people who are vaccinated or boosted - and that is true for both Omicron and earlier variants. More than 76 percent of non-Omicron Covid infections in Denmark are in vaccinated people, along with about 90 percent of Omicron infections.

Further, only 25 of the 561 people currently hospitalized in Denmark for Covid have the Omicron variant. The Danes do not provide an exact number for patients in intensive care with Omicron, saying only that it is fewer than five.

Perhaps the most stunning fact about Omicron and Denmark is that its rise actually parallels a marked slowdown in the growth of Danish hospitalizations and intensive care patients. Those rose roughly fivefold between mid-October and late November, as the Danes left the happy vaccine valley. Since then they have barely budged, rising about 20 percent.

Danish Covid hospitalizations over the last three months: note that the rise predates Omicron.

The Danish data also show that people with Omicron are both less likely to be hospitalized than those with other variants and released from the hospital much more quickly - in line with what South African health authorities have reported.

On Friday, for example, the Danes reported that the total number of hospital patients with Omicron since the epidemic began reached 77, up by 20 patients from Thursday.

But the number of Omicron patients currently hospitalized rose only by eight between Thursday and Friday, from 17 to 25. Thus 12 out of the 17 Omicron patients on Thursday appear to have been released overnight.

Compared to Monday’s report, the trend is even more clear. The number of Omicron cases has roughly tripled, but the number of people hospitalized has barely budged, from 14 to 25.

SOURCE: https://www.ssi.dk/-/media/cdn...22021-ep96.pdf?la=da

About the only reason for concern in any of the Danish data is that Omicron still appears to be preferentially infecting younger people - though not people under 15, who are more likely to be unvaccinated.

Overall, though, the figures out of Denmark largely back those from South Africa - and make clear that the reason that Europe has seen a massive rise in cases and hospitalizations this fall has nothing to do with Omicron and everything to do with vaccine failure.

https://alexberenson.substack....id-data-from-denmark

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24186 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
OSHA Vaccine Mandate Heads To The Supreme Court

Via The Brownstone Institute,

The 6th circuit Federal Court of Appeals has weighed in on the crucial mandate from OSHA that all employers with more than 100 employees must institute extreme Covid controls, while providing liberalization on the condition of vaccination. In practice, it is a vaccine mandate that covers vast numbers of workers, and it is likely to be expanded to cover everyone. The opinion was decided in OSHA’s favor, 2 to 1.

The decision has been appealed to the Supreme Court which will likely make the final judgement. As this case grinds through the court system, workers around the country are being fired, mandates are going into effect, and cities are segregating their populations based on their willingness to acquiesce to government’s mandated medicine.

The majority begins its decision with a chilling announcement that smacks of ideological bias.

Recognizing that the “old normal” is not going to return, employers and employees have sought new models for a workplace that will protect the safety and health of employees who earn their living there. In need of guidance on how to protect their employees from COVID-19 transmission while reopening business, employers turned to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA or the Agency), the federal agency tasked with assuring a safe and healthful workplace….

We are unaware of a single business in America that “turned to” OSHA with that question: what should we do?

The court majority continues with an announcement not of law but of panic: in the face of this disease, just let the bureaucracy rule!

The record establishes that COVID-19 has continued to spread, mutate, kill, and block the safe return of American workers to their jobs. To protect workers, OSHA can and must be able to respond to dangers as they evolve. …

On multiple occasions, this tone is repeated, along with highly questionable claims: “The number of deaths in America has now topped 800,000 and healthcare systems across the nation have reached the breaking point.”

Given this situation, says the court, “it is not appropriate to second-guess that agency determination considering the substantial evidence, including many peer-reviewed scientific studies, on which it relied.”

The “Science” prevails over law.

The court concludes with a statement that is factually questionable in every word:

The ETS is an important step in curtailing the transmission of a deadly virus that has killed over 800,000 people in the United States, brought our healthcare system to its knees, forced businesses to shut down for months on end, and cost hundreds of thousands of workers their jobs. …

First, it will be many years before we can fully sort out precisely the number of people who died from as versus with Covid, given the likely inaccuracies of testing and the financial incentive to misclassify. Regardless, the presumption of liberty embedded in the American system was never made contingent on pathogenic mortality data.

Second, many hospitals in the US were “brought to their knees” not by Covid but by the mandates that blocked them from serving patients with elective surgeries and diagnostics, as issued by many governors early in the pandemic. As a result, many health-care centers in the US sat empty as people skipped cancer screenings, vaccinations for other diseases, and other routine checkups. This is complete rewriting of history.

Third, businesses were not shut down by the virus but by the force of law (businesses in South Dakota did not shut down because the governor did not proclaim that they must shut down).

Fourth, hundreds of thousands of workers are losing their jobs not from the virus but from lockdowns and mandates.

It’s remarkable that a court could make such claims.

The dissenting opinion is more on point:

To illustrate (without intending to trivialize) OSHA’s task, consider the danger from fire in a workplace: a pizzeria. One way to protect the workers would be to require all employees to wear oven mitts all the time—when taking phone orders, making deliveries, or pulling a pizza from the flames. That would be effective—no one would be burned—but no one could think such an approach necessary. What OSHA’s rule says is that vaccines or tests for nearly the whole American workforce will solve the problem; it does not explain why that solution is necessary. …

So an unvaccinated 18-year-old bears the same risk as a vaccinated 50-year-old. And yet, the 18-year-old is in grave danger, while the 50-year-old is not. One of these conclusions must be wrong; either way is a problem for OSHA’s rule. …

The virus that causes COVID-19 is not, of course, uniquely a workplace condition. Its potency lies in the fact that it exists everywhere an infected person may be—home, school, or grocery store, to name a few. So how can OSHA regulate an employee’s exposure to it? …

Here, the Secretary asks for maximum authority and maximum discretion; he wants to issue a rule of national import, covering two-thirds of American workers, and he wants to do it without clear congressional authorization, without even public notice and comment, and with a capacious understanding of necessity. Such a combination of authority and discretion is unprecedented, and the Secretary is unlikely to show that he has been granted it.

This really is stacking up to be a battle between the new and old normal, which is to say the expectation of normal freedoms vs. rule by a bio-security state. The results will fundamentally affect the relationship between business and government and workers and employers. If the majority gets its way here, it’s hard to see how traditional Constitutional restraints on states at any level can be maintained in the face of bureaucratic diktat as ordered by an executive.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-heads-supreme-court

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
Whitmer is trying gain 2022 advantage points by offering everybody a $400 rebate on their outrageously overpriced Michigan no fault car insurance. Gee, thanks Governor! $400 does not begin to cover my insurance overcharges for the time I have lived here. Its nothing but a tool to distract people over her COVID issues.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16126 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Government is all over the place about vaccines.

CDC Director: People Unable or Unwilling to Get Pfizer or Moderna Vaccines Should Get Johnson & Johnson’s

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...hsm4lVknr%2FINAQ2Zqn

Americans who are not willing or able to get the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines should get Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 shot, according to the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The CDC’s vaccine advisory panel recently recommended the agency make clear that the Pfizer and Moderna jabs, both of which utilize messenger RNA technology, are preferred over the J&J one. Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the CDC’s director, accepted the recommendation.

However, getting any vaccine is still better than remaining unvaccinated, Walensky said at a Dec. 17 press conference.

“Given the current state of the pandemic both here and around the world, any vaccination is better than no vaccination,” she said. “Individuals who are unable or unwilling to receive an mRNA vaccine will continue to have access to Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines.”

Members of the panel voted after hearing that more cases of blood clotting in conjunction with low blood platelet levels had been detected among those who were vaccinated with J&J’s single-shot vaccine. Health authorities were able to confirm 54 cases after delving into reports submitted to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System. More cases have likely occurred, authorities said, because studies have indicated post-vaccination events are underreported to the system.

Some members weighed making explicit their view that the only people who should get J&J’s jab were those who could not get an mRNA-based vaccine for health reasons or lack of access. The panel was told by CDC officials that their views would be incorporated into clinical guidance for the vaccine.

The recommendation came shortly before a preprint study suggested Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine produced virtually no protection against the Omicron variant the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, which causes COVID-19. Just one of the 12 individuals vaccinated with the shot saw neutralizing protection against Omicron.

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines held up better against the new variant but also saw dramatically reduced protection.

Other studies have indicated that the protection from Pfizer’s vaccine against Omicron has dropped under 50 percent, considered the standard for a viable vaccine by many expects.

Booster shots restore some, but not all, of the lost protection, early research shows, though experts are unsure how long that restoration will last.

Johnson & Johnson said last week that the company “remains confident in the overall positive benefit-risk profile of its COVID-19 vaccine” and pointed to earlier studies that show the jab “generates strong antibody and cellular immune responses and long-lasting immune memory and breadth of protection across variants.”

Posts: 12745 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
So I am not "vaxed" and have been out in public mostly unmasked for the past 2 years. Aside from seasonal allergies I have felt fine the whole time. I have been close by, but not real close to people who got sick with the covid. I really wonder if I was asymptomatic and have had natural immunity the whole time? I quit smoking 3 years ago and have not been sick bad once since then.
I keep thinking of getting the shot, but every time I think about it they come out with a new variant and I think why bother!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I call bullshit on this. We go from it just arriving in the U.S. a week or so ago, to now it is 73% of cases. I think the CDC is pulling this out of their arse again.

Omicron Sweeps Across Nation, Now 73% of US COVID-19 Cases

https://news.wttw.com/2021/12/...73-us-covid-19-cases

Omicron has raced ahead of other variants and is now the dominant version of the coronavirus in the U.S., accounting for 73% of new infections last week, federal health officials said Monday.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention numbers showed nearly a six-fold increase in omicron’s share of infections in only one week.

In much of the country, omicron’s prevalence is even higher. It’s responsible for an estimated 90% of new infections in the New York area, the Southeast, the industrial Midwest and the Pacific Northwest.

Since the end of June, the delta variant has been the main version causing U.S. infections. As recently as the end of November, more than 99.5% of coronaviruses were delta, according to CDC data.

More at link

Posts: 12745 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
I call bullshit on this. We go from it just arriving in the U.S. a week or so ago, to now it is 73% of cases. I think the CDC is pulling this out of their arse again.
Absolutely. This is total BS, yet they shovel it out there knowing the media will cover them. Best course of action at this point is to believe 'nothing' out of these people.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I will NEVER believe ANYTHING they say EVER again!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8961 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
https://www.oann.com/biden-to-...n-in-tuesday-address

https://www.theblaze.com/news/...masks-planes-forever

This constant barrage of tyranny is part of their plan to push us all to the brink?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
It's would seem more and more that there is something else going on here besides a enormous money grab, more than just power consolidation. The push is becoming so heavy handed it seems they are on the verge of some sort of forced compliance. Like there is a running clock we don't know about.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post