SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
We better hope that Russia and China don’t decide to suddenly make some big moves after our military is ruthlessly gutted. C

Who says they are not making big moves right now? China has been expanding their military and territories (island hopping) for the past 10 years.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
COURAGEOUS L.A. SHERIFF TELLS THE TRUTH ABOUT COVID

https://brandnewtube.com/watch...gIfoRFaCtuwEefj.html

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

Summary for those of us that don’t have 45 minutes to watch this?

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
quote:

LA County Board if Supers is enforcing their bidenitus mandate on this department when none of the surrounding counties are. The Department is fixin to lose near half their Deputies. That Sherriff answered every question factually and accurate. He sounds as professional as can be. Nothing like a smart, level headed leader guiding a bunch of media robots. I bet they all got their dig muzzles on.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Still trying to decide what to do in response to the employer email.

I could use some help. I'm still averse to the mRNA shots. I would only consider the J&J shot. I've been trying to research adverse effects and looking at the VAERS type of data.

Lots of scary reports but not sure what the incidence rate is - perhaps 1%? Less? Certainly hope not more. But I can't really figure it out:

1) Rough ballpark incident rate for severe adverse reactions. Any different from normal flu shots?
2) Any suspicion of unknown adverse effects or it this primarily associated with the mRNA shots? I've been reading about some adverse effects but those are considered known and short term. Wondering really about unknown long term - same as mRNA or likely none (just short term effects)>
3) With regard to long term side effects, is the J&J shot any different than if I have had the wuflu? Or having the flu and getting the J&J shot may have different side effects long term?
4) Any special considerations for someone who has a history of suboptimal renal and/or vascular conditions?

Any information that would help determine if I should take the J&J once (and only once) to just get over this hump. Hoping this will be repealed next year. Or if I should take the risk and retire now (it would be tight but with some penny pinching, may be possible). If a booster is required, then I will be out. Once is enough.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sorry...no cliff notes provided for this one.
The video can be played at 2x. That should get you down to 22.5 minutes.
Just be aware...A chipmunk voice does make him seem less credible. Big Grin

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
quote:

LA County Board if Supers is enforcing their bidenitus mandate on this department when none of the surrounding counties are. The Department is fixin to lose near half their Deputies. That Sherriff answered every question factually and accurate. He sounds as professional as can be. Nothing like a smart, level headed leader guiding a bunch of media robots. I bet they all got their dig muzzles on.

Thank you David. Smile

-- George Orwell

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
konata88

I requested a religious exemption which was only recently approved.
This is all very specific to you and your companies needs so it may or may not be applicable.

I am not a Lawyer, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn.
So take my advice lightly, see if it makes sense, and is right for you and your situation.

Requesting “Accommodation” based on your “Sincerely held Religious Believes” is based on:
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Link

Vaccine Statistics, vaccine safety, vaccine effectiveness your political leanings and personal preferences, are all irrelevant.
Here I think it is best to apply “KISS” (Keep It Simple Stupid).

1. What are/is the accommodation you are requesting?

Obviously you are requesting to be exempt from a COVID-19 vaccination mandated by your company.
If your company has this mandate they are concerned with:
a. Loss of Funds from Government Contracts.
b. Transmission of the COVID-19 virus.

Consider what you should request for accommodation that will be agreeable between yourself and the company.

Work from home, separation for seating in rooms/offices, working off hours, avoid close contact by other means, this is very specific to you and your companies needs.
Give this more than a passing thought.
What are you willing to agree to for an accommodation.

2. What is your religious belief? (The religious belief of your pastor is irrelevant.)

3. Keep everything in writing, you may want to consider no oral interviews without legal council.

4. Avoid traps such as you oppose medical intervention or, vaccinations, etc. where it can be shown this contradicts actions you have taken or may take in the future.

5. Be truthful, short and clear.
  • What Accommodation are you requesting.
  • What is your Sincerely Held Religious Belief.
Beyond those two points, it may be wise to seek legal council.
Be cautious with request for additional information or documentation which may be designed to deceive you.

My sincerely held religious believe is that the mark of the beast will be applied via. mandate by authorities.
If I am unable to stand-by my religious beliefs when only my job is on the line, how am I to know that I will have the strength to stand against the mark of the beast, where I would be an outcast from society, unable to buy or sell anything?
I provided a few directly applicable verses from the Bible to show the basis for my sincerely held religious believe.
I e-mailed my pastor to keep him informed, but did not request any sort of letter, as again, I expressed “my” sincerely held religious beliefs. I did ask for his prayers.

I do not oppose vaccination, and I may in the future choose to get the COVID-19 vaccination of my own accord.

What the Bible says about Mark of the Beast
Link

Strong’s Concordance #5331 may provide insight for some.
Sometimes we can gain knowledge by going back to the original language for meaning.
Link

pharmaceutical (pharmacy)
Word origin
Late Latin pharmaceuticus, from Greek pharmakeutikos, from pharmakeuein to administer drugs
Link

Revelation 18:23 (King James Version)
for by thy sorceries (#5331 pharmakeia) were all nations deceived.

The Bible may not always be clear, but it holds all of the answers.
It is the book of life, that all may be saved.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks kimber.

I will be applying for a medical and/or religious exemption but the the process and criteria won’t be published for a few weeks. On the assumption that my application will be denied, I’ll need to choose between retirement or the J&J shot. I’m guessing decision required by Jan 4 so time will be short. I’m trying to make decisions in advance for each possible outcome.

My hesitation with just retiring beyond the risk of doing it early is that i may be forced to get a shot anyway - to travel to Japan, to be treated at hospitals, to see dentist, whatever. Crazy is unpredictable.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I’m religious and I’m thankful for the right to be so; however, I shouldn’t have to claim it to refuse this shot.

If you have to plead exemption on religious grounds, your religious freedoms are next.

(I know it’s not helpful, but it’s frustrating because I have a coworker that is not religious, but says he’ll lie to say he is, in order to avoid the shot. What kind of overreaching government would allow this to continue? Why should we need to do any of this?!?)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9156 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
It's official. I'm loosing my job over the gov contractor mandate.

I refused to comply then eventually filed for an exemption. I had low hopes for an exemption -- and it turns out so did my supervisor. In fact his hopes were so low that he began the process of replacing me.

Ironically, last week my exemption was granted but it turns out the replacement process had already moved too far along.

The upside is that with my exemption I have 3 months to 'on-board' my replacement instead of just being cut loose on Jan 1st.

I'm not happy about it, but I have the means to stand up and refuse this mandate so I did. Let's pray this is just the beginning of the story and this mandate will be revoked before more damage is done to people who don't have the means.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Getting an exemption allows you to keep your job.
It does not protect you from the “unconscious bias” while you continue to work.
I am certain that not going along with what the company wanted has hurt my future outlook.

Providing vaccination status and religious beliefs to my employer has definitely hurt the relationship as I am now viewed differently, as a ‘special person’ at least that’s my perception.

This is private information that none of us should have been forced to share.
Religious status should not be required to exercise freedom, in a free country.

Now I will be subject to weekly testing, which is not based on science or reality.
The vaccines are not working as advertised.
All should be treated equally, vaccinated, vaccinated but no booster, & unvaccinated alike.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
It's official. I'm loosing my job over the gov contractor mandate.

I refused to comply then eventually filed for an exemption. I had low hopes for an exemption -- and it turns out so did my supervisor. In fact his hopes were so low that he began the process of replacing me.

Ironically, last week my exemption was granted but it turns out the replacement process had already moved too far along.

The upside is that with my exemption I have 3 months to 'on-board' my replacement instead of just being cut loose on Jan 1st.

I'm not happy about it, but I have the means to stand up and refuse this mandate so I did. Let's pray this is just the beginning of the story and this mandate will be revoked before more damage is done to people who don't have the means.

Then what grounds are they terminating you on? If your exemption was approved you should contact an attorney - especially if your replacement is significantly younger than you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graniteguy,

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Explain to your employer you are waiting for the vaccine under the Comirnaty label. Explain to them it is the only one approved by the FDA which comes with liability for the manufacturer should you experience adverse effects. All the others are used under the EUA and are experimental and come with no liability to the manufacturer.

It's astounding how many people do not know this health professionals included. The media has done a very good job at the sleight of hand of making people think the vaccine they are getting is FDA approved when only the one under the Comirnaty label is and it is somehow currently unavailable. It most likely will not make a difference to your employer but it may open their eyes some.

I have brought this up in conversations when the vaccine comes up. I explain to people I'm currently in the control group and am waiting for the Comirnaty vaccine to become available to which I possibly may agree to take. When you explain that Comirnaty is the FDA approved vaccine but currently unavailable they often get that look that they just realized they have been duped.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Except there's this...
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I need to correct something I had posted earlier.
I had believed that with the FDA Approved Comirnaty, Pfizer could be held liable.

Turns out All COVID-19 vaccine manufactures are protected from liability whether it be a fully approved vaccine or emergency use authorized vaccine.
Therefore, my point is still valid and in-fact more concerning.
If these vaccines are safe, drop the liability protections.

See Page 16 & 17
Link

And this...
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Let us not forget the lies regarding “the same ingredients and formulation”.
This is mentioned in several FDA and .gov documents.

But now we know it is an untruth.
As for me given the choice, I would prefer the vial with gray cap and label with a gray border.
However at this time, I am choosing not to get vaccinated based on my sincerely held religious beliefs.

Link, see page 3

Both posted previously on p. 932

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

I've been trying to research adverse effects . . . Lots of scary reports but not sure what the incidence rate is - perhaps 1%? Less?

Rough ballpark incident rate for severe adverse reactions. Any different from normal flu shots?
It was six years ago that I had a "normal flu shot" in my doctor's office. I had taken the shots every year for twenty years or more, with no ill effects.

Not this time. A few weeks after the last flu shot, I woke up one morning with severe pain in my thighs, unable to move around without a walker. I was admitted to the hospital with Guillain Barré Syndrome. Hospitalized for over a week, two lengthy IVIG transfusions, months of outpatient physical therapy, and years later, I still have not recovered fully.

Less than 1%? Yup, but that's not much comfort when I'm in that tiny group.

Doc now has me on the no-fly list for most vaccinations.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30664 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean 2020, right?[/QUOTE]

I think 2019. All I know is my wife has never seen me sick for longer than 24 hours at a time in 35 years. Right before they came out with a name for COVID I was laid up in bed for more than two weeks. Felt like I was dying. That's why I believe I had COVID before COVID was named.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phil in indy:
You mean 2020, right?

I think 2019. All I know is my wife has never seen me sick for longer than 24 hours at a time in 35 years. Right before they came out with a name for COVID I was laid up in bed for more than two weeks. Felt like I was dying. That's why I believe I had COVID before COVID was named.

I suppose that’s possible, although that’s nearly a full year before the world collectively lost its mind with COVID.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Even as the transmission and infection rates are higher than before there was a vaccine...
They blame it on the "unvaccinated"...

"Vaxx'd, Cured, Or Dead" - German Health Minister Hints At Jab Mandate; Merkel Fears "Highly Dramatic" Situation

After demonstrations erupted across Europe and more broadly across the globe over the weekend, outgoing German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Monday that the latest surge in European COVID infections is "worse than anything Germany has experienced so far" and called for more tight restrictions to try and stop the virus from spreading again over the holidays.

Merkel told officials from her Christian Democratic Party on Monday that the situation is "highly dramatic" and warned that hospitals would soon be overwhelmed unless the 4th wave of the virus is broken, according to a Bloomberg report.

The outgoing chancellor warned that many Germans don't seem to understand the severity of the crisis as cases have spiked across Europe.

Meanwhile, Health Minister Jens Spahn warned Monday that most Germans will be "vaccinated, cured or dead" from COVID in just a few months, according to Agence France-Presse, hinting at a potential vaccination mandate.

"Probably by the end of this winter, as is sometimes cynically said, pretty much everyone in Germany will be vaccinated, cured or dead," Spahn said, blaming "the very contagious Delta variant."

"That is why we so urgently recommend vaccination," he added.

As many have noted, many EU members, including Germany's neighbor Austria, have tightened restrictions amid what many are describing as a "fourth wave" of infections.

As for Germany, many of the country's famed outdoor Christmas markets have already been canceled for the second year in a row, and people who aren’t vaxxed face possible curfews, as well as other restrictions. The situation in hospitals is increasingly strained, with clinics preparing to transfer severely ill people to other facilities, according to the German intensive-care association DIVI.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ears-highly-dramatic

And yet, ignore the science:

A new German study reports a correlation between higher injection rates and higher EXCESS MORTALITY in sixteen studied countries. The researchers said:

“The correlation is + .31, is amazingly high and especially in an unexpected direction. Actually, it should be negative, so that one could say: The higher the vaccination rate, the lower the excess mortality. However, the opposite is the case and this urgently needs to be clarified. Excess mortality can be observed in all 16 countries…”

https://www.skirsch.com/covid/GermanAnalysis.pdf

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Hospitals will be overwhelmed, you say?
Another wave of the virus, you say?

Goodness, that sounds serious.

These fucking people. Roll Eyes

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post