SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Yes Chellim, I figured they would yank the Ivermectin off the shelves eventually. As mentioned in a previous posting, the Ivermectin I bought at Tractor Supply last year said "pharmaceutical grade" on it and the 2021 packaging changed to say "for animal use only". My neighbor is a Vet here locally and she said its the same exact stuff a physician would presrcibe via pill form. The danger, she said, was that most people have no clue how to administer dosages via the metric system. She went on to explain the massive difference between MG (milligrams) and ML (milliliters). The MG dose would be literally 3-5 drops daily for a 160lb person (which is the correct dose) The ML would be exponential and probably land someone in the ER. (which has happened recently throughout the US)

Here you go. You can now calculate for 125 and 250 pound **horses**. God Bless !!!

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3077 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the liquid form. But the paste works too. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You mentioned you purchased yours at Tractor Supply, can you tell us how much each ?? Thank you and God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3077 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Shit, it's only a matter of time for my employer now I guess, given that I just found this out today:

Rocket builder ULA will require employees receive Covid vaccines beginning Sept. 1

September 1? that's like a little over a week from now, way to force people to make a decision with no time. Mad

I need to started researching religious exemptions because I'll be dammed if I'm putting the clot shot into my body.

I guess I’m probably a short timer as well. Frown

Posts: 10825 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
quote:

You mentioned you purchased yours at Tractor Supply, can you tell us how much each ?? Thank you and God Bless Smile

I bought 1 liter for $21.95 in October of 2020. The price spiked to $43.95 this summer, and now, according to a previous poster, Tractor Supply no longer has it in stock. Not sure if this is their decision, demand, or political pressure to yank it off the shelves. At the end of the day Farmers still needs this stuff for parasitical treatments.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
From May 2017:

One-Third Of New Drugs Had Safety Problems After FDA Approval

It took a median of 4.2 years after the drugs were approved for these safety concerns to come to light, the study found, and issues were more common among psychiatric drugs, biologic drugs, drugs that were granted "accelerated approval" and drugs that were approved near the regulatory deadline for approval.

https://www.npr.org/sections/h...s-after-fda-approval

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"All too often, patients and clinicians mistakenly view FDA approval as [an] indication that a product is fully safe and effective," he says. "Nothing could be further from the truth. We learn tremendous amounts about a product only once it's on the market and only after use among a broad population."

Posts: 12846 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong and if so I hope one of you will prove me incorrect but I believe the FDA has never approved any tattoo ink for injection into human beings and yet it seems to be all the rage these days with the hipsters and wannabe sailors.

Is this true?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21175 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Sort of.

The FDA sees the ink and additives as too complicated an issue to regulate, so they let it be up to states.

They do get involved whenever there are specific complaints or widespread negative effects on many people for similar issues.

They are somewhat neutral on the issue of regulation.

In other words, they don't really care enough to regulate tattooing.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44095 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
This was made available to me. It IS NOT yet peer-reviewed, but if the data holds, it clearly (sadly) holds that boosters may be needed to maintain a viable antibody titer.

Specifically deals with the Pfizer-Biontech vaccine versus survivor antibody titers. 40% fall in vaccinated titers per month versus 5% in those recovered from COVID.

RMD

https://www.medrxiv.org/conten...021.08.19.21262111v1

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20353 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bought 1 liter for $21.95 in October of 2020. The price spiked to $43.95 this summer, and now, according to a previous poster, Tractor Supply no longer has it in stock. Not sure if this is their decision, demand, or political pressure to yank it off the shelves. At the end of the day Farmers still needs this stuff for parasitical treatments.

They have it on the website now for $80/250 ml. So about 4 times what you paid for 1/4 as much.
But... they don’t have any available.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24303 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fellas, you're talking about animals meds. Come on. You're going to put that into your body?

Posts: 108210 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BH,

Link in my post is fixed.

Thanks!

Posts: 3519 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fellas, you're talking about animals meds. Come on. You're going to put that into your body?

There’s no difference for this particular medication. It’s the same thing, it would just have to be dosed appropriately. There are some (many) veterinary specific meds but this isn’t one of those. Stromectol (brand) is the oral tablet you’d find in your local pharmacy.

Posts: 2164 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm curious as to how many of the people pushing for vaccine mandates in various organizations are heavily invested in Moderna Pfizer, etc.

Seems like that might be bordering on illegal.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38060 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not putting animal meds in my body, any more than I'm putting the "vaccine" in my body.

posted Hide Post
You may only grow a small tail if you do… Wink

Posts: 2164 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't buy medications from a place called "farm supply" and I certainly don't follow the advice about human health care from veterinarians.

Anyone who takes that route, I wish them the best.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I think therapeutics may be the most important discussion we should be having. Surviving the virus is job one, keeping it from taking over one's body and therefore less communicable is the next. We have a whole lot more data on therapeutics' efficacy than we do the vaccines. Of course, trusting the data and those dispensing it are the big rub, widescale honest discussion have to happen for us to beat this shit.

If I had them, I'd take Ivermectin and HCQ however they're labeled with only modest reservations. If I got the WuFlu, I'd take them asap. There are other sources for these meds, I'm working on getting them but nothing is straightforward in this ugly clusterfuck.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8414 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't buy medications from a place called "farm supply" and I certainly don't follow the advice about human health care from veterinarians.

Anyone who takes that route, I wish them the best.

You can get the human grade here, along with a wealth of information about Ivermectin in relation to covid.

https://covid19criticalcare.co...w-to-get-ivermectin/

Posts: 12846 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
The 3mg Ivermectin costs about $6.50/tablet. Luckily insurance covers it as the dose is 9mg/100lb of body weight. Side effects have been minimal.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post