SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 1211
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
What else fits on the new siege vittles pyramid? I got spam, Ramen noodles and Centrum.. Big Grin.

Posts: 17942 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
What else fits on the new siege vittles pyramid? I got spam, Ramen noodles and Centrum.. Big Grin.

Lol, Metamucil !

Posts: 543 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, gotta have some fiber in there.

Each morning, have a hearty bowl of oats with dried fruit and you'll be movin' your shit fast enough to put FedEx to shame.

Posts: 108095 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
This panoramic paranoia has driven Para into using paronomasia Big Grin

That is an epic post. I am impressed. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3984 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, gotta have some fiber in there.

Each morning, have a hearty bowl of oats with dried fruit...

I first read that as "a hearty bowl of cats..." and thought "what...?"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
More than likely, this virus is already everywhere and probably has been for quite some time, which is why all this irrational behavior like canceling vacations and work conferences is completely pointless. And declaring a state of emergency when one confirmed case pops up in your state...My god. All we're doing is wrecking the economy and hurting people for nothing. People are dying? Spare me. My wife's grandparents who are in their early nineties both right now have the flu. We're obviously concerned for them. Point being, there are many, many other things on this planet to be worried about that as far as I'm concerned are just as "dangerous" as COVID-19, and no one is drastically altering his or her lifestyle for any of those things. What's happening now is illogical.

For chrissakes, I'm just fed up. Now, all returning crew members to my ship are supposed to have their temperatures taken before boarding as per our new company policy. To what end? So why wasn't this policy always in effect during flu season? Every year people come back to work sick and invariably others onboard get it. I caught something last month while onboard. I got better. Someone else caught it. He got better too.

Ah whatever, I'm done ranting.

I'm flying to Florida Tuesday morning, and the only thing on my mind about that trip is whether or not I'll get my upgrade for the red eye. Pre-takeoff cocktail...very important.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pre-takeoff cocktail...very important.

This bares repeating.

Hope you have a blast, travel well.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20922 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had just come across this evening that 15% of the healthcare workers in China who contracted COVID 19 needed ICU treatment.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Maybe there will soon be an APP so you can actually so how far you are from a carrier.
They probably wouldn't let you land anyway.

They would if you had toilet paper, bottled water, and hand sanitizer on board.

Posts: 2552 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Pre-takeoff cocktail...very important.

This bares repeating.

Hope you have a blast, travel well.

Thank you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to really like this thread. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5079 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
It’s the run on toilet paper that will be TEOTWAWKI...just look at the situation in OZ Eek...WARNING...this is from Ozzyman so its content has some bad words Wink

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/gzm1XSnT-oI

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10591 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
A virus, that has infected a fraction of one percent of the US population in a MONTH’S time is going to take out enough employees of any given power company to take the grid down.

Got it.

A common argument of people that don’t understand that this virus doubles every 6 days, which gives us millions of cases by early May.

Posts: 6675 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
A virus, that has infected a fraction of one percent of the US population in a MONTH’S time is going to take out enough employees of any given power company to take the grid down.

Got it.

A common argument of people that don’t understand that this virus doubles every 6 days, which gives us millions of cases by early May.

And the number that trails right behind your figure, is the number of people that get better, and are thus "all better now", and go back to work. Buying T-shirts with their paychecks that say, "I survived the zombie apocalypse".

Posts: 11405 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'm more concerned with the chicken heart, I stocked up on lots of jello.

How will you handle the black poisonous snakes?

Mashed taters in the footies of my jammies...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44058 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
Seems like Italy is having a rough go of this "flu."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51787238

Posts: 323 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:

Got it.

Yeah that’s a common argument of people who claim to know how long the virus has actually been around versus media hype.

So, what was the first day the virus infected someone? Not the first reported case, the first day? How about the first case in the United States? Actual case and not just confirmed or reported. How many of those “flu” cases that didn’t test positive for Flu A or B in December were actually this virus? You know before it starting hiding and lurking around to shut down the power grid, or steal all the toilet paper?

Thing about the claims of “doubles” every six days is the lack of actual data that supports those claims. Funny thing is none of the “experts” can say for sure. It’s all speculation. And it’s hard to do math to make claims without all the numbers.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37132 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

How will you handle the black poisonous snakes?

Mashed taters in the footies of my jammies...

John has a long moustache?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
What if a bunch of us go to walmart this week and fill a cart with a random health and beauty item, just to see what happens? Like, what if I start walking around the store with a cart brimming with q-tips for an hour or so? Think I can create an artificial run of my own?

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:

That’s only essential if you’re in Philadelphia.

Posts: 12196 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post