SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Italian Police Stand Down And Stand With The People
https://brandnewtube.com/watch...goA2NoJqMhyhuOm.html

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Jupiter, sometimes I can't see your embedded videos. Can you include a link? Thanks.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38927 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Jupiter, sometimes I can't see your embedded videos. Can you include a link? Thanks.

Sorry about that.
Here ya go.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38927 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Sorry about that.
Here ya go.
This whole thing is starting to unwind rather quickly. People have had enough of it. Now the million dollar question is, will governments be smart enough to stop pushing, or will they push themselves into a civil war over this. I'm not confident they're even close to smart enough to see the signs of what's coming.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
GROUP OF FRENCH POLICE THROW IN BADGES AND CUFFS THEY NOT ENFORCING NWO

https://brandnewtube.com/watch...291BBhcvSvtOPqb.html

-- George Orwell

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not confident they're even close to smart enough to see the signs of what's coming.

They don't have to be smart; they have smart people behind the scenes that can read the writing. But that does not mean they'll stop. They'll simply shift the attack on freedom to another direction. Despite how some here feel, a vast majority of LEO's, National Guard, and even the military are not going to turn on the people of this country.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15712 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
So I am going to have to get the vaccine - due to work/travel. Don't really want it, but gonna have to do it.

I can sign up to get the single J&J next week or get on the list for one of the other 2 dose deals.

All I want is the card - I don't care about the statistics, etc. but would definitely prefer that it not kill me.

Pros and cons of the different vaccines available?

Sorry if this has been hashed out, I have ignored most of the discussions surrounding them because I was hoping I could just opt out of getting it, but that's not going to be the case. Also, the internet is all over the board trying to find any kind of rational discussion - it's either you are going to die or it's perfectly safe and any concerns are conspiracy theories.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:

Only advice I can give is that the Pfizer vaccine requires much colder temps for storage than the Moderna version, and is therefore more apt to be mishandled before administered.

Posts: 7498 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

...I can sign up to get the single J&J next week or get on the list for one of the other 2 dose deals.

All I want is the card...

I say get J&J next week, one shot and you're done. ANd you get the card!

With Moderna (which I got) you get #2 in 28 days, with Pfizer (Mrs Sigmund got) it's 21 days.

Posts: 15945 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Id consider trying to find a black market card and NOT get the shot

Posts: 53470 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys!

I called to have my name put on the list for the J&J next Friday, I'm supposed to get confirmation within 48 hours so I will report back if the appt is made. If it doesn't go thru I'm pretty sure I can get the first of the Pfizer or Moderna shots pretty soon.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Id consider trying to find a black market card and NOT get the shot

If I thought that was a real possibility and pretty bullet proof I would definitely consider it. I'd be willing to pay a decent amount.

- John Adams

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Moderna and Pfizer vaxs are a newer "mRNA" type, 94 and 95% effective respectively. However, they require 2 injections several weeks apart.

The J&J vax is based on existing vaccine technology, and said to be 66% effective (though more recent data suggests significantly higher). However, it requires only 1 shot. It is arguably better for those with young, healthy immune systems, say under 30-ish (it will probably be the first vaccine available for children).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16525 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Might give you some useful information.

Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30671 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lefty Sig, thanks for the citation. I'm spreading it around.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why am I not surprised? I grew up near Syracuse but left the state 35 years ago.

https://epass.ny.gov/home

https://nypost.com/2021/03/26/...-coming-to-new-york/

Nation’s first ‘vaccine passport’ coming to New York

By Gabrielle Fonrouge
March 26, 2021

The nation’s very first “vaccine passport” is coming to the Big Apple.

The program, dubbed the “Excelsior Pass,” is an app that will allow New Yorkers to prove their vaccination status, or recent history of a negative COVID-19 test, in order to gain entry to events and businesses, Governor Cuomo announced in a news release Friday.

“Similar to a mobile airline boarding pass, individuals will be able to either print out their pass or store it on their smartphones using the Excelsior Pass Wallet app,” the news release explains.

“Each Pass will have a secure QR code, which participating businesses and venues can scan using a companion app to verify proof of COVID-19 negative test results or proof of vaccination. An individual’s data is kept secure and confidential at all times.”

The app won’t show any health information when scanned — it’ll only show a green checkmark if the person has been vaccinated or tested negatively or a red “x” if they haven’t.

Major venues, such as Madison Square Garden and the Times Union Center in Albany, will begin using the app next week and on April 2, Excelsior Pass will expand to “smaller arts, entertainment and event venues,” Cuomo’s office said.

The app, which launched Friday, already works to prove vaccination status or negative test results and can be used to gain access to wedding receptions, which now require negative tests from attendees, and other events above the social gathering limit.

“New Yorkers have proven they can follow public health guidance to beat back COVID, and the innovative Excelsior Pass is another tool in our new toolbox to fight the virus while allowing more sectors of the economy to reopen safely and keeping personal information secure,” Cuomo said in a statement.

“The question of ‘public health or the economy’ has always been a false choice — the answer must be both. As more New Yorkers get vaccinated each day and as key public health metrics continue to regularly reach their lowest rates in months, the first-in-the-nation Excelsior Pass heralds the next step in our thoughtful, science-based reopening.”

The app, launched after two pilot demonstrations held in recent weeks, will use blockchain technology and encryption to ensure the health information is stored securely.

To sign up, New Yorkers can register by downloading the app and inputting personal information to verify their identity. The app will then pull data from the state’s vaccine registry and a number of pre-approved COVID-19 testing companies.

Posts: 15945 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
“The question of ‘public health or the economy’ has always been a false choice..."
No, that isn't the question. The question is and continues to be, "is the American public going to demand the truth regarding this virus, or are they going to continue to accept the lies and misrepresentations of the people in charge right now". Sadly, It's likely the latter.

And as for BamaJeepster's situation, and likely that of many others, I gotta ask...what country is this? Your job or an administration of a drug you don't want (and most likely don't need)? How did we fall so far as to allow this sort of behavior and edicts by some of the world's dumbest individuals? Disgusted doesn't even begin to cover it.

Oh, and why is Cuomo still governor of New York? Has this clown not done enough yet to get booted?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I predict a new black market for fake vaccine passports and/or a niche network of coyotes to transport those that refuse the shot.

Posts: 7498 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post