SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
There has to be a another surge just around the corner forever now. Fauci is just another irrelevant bureaucrat without constant fear mongering.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3578 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fauci

Thankfully mom had something for people like him too.

"Son, never take medical advice from a politician".

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Name is really Fauxi.

Faux + Xi......

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12856 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
...we are next for a huge surge

Posts: 108290 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I wonder how opening up the Southern border, and turning tens or hundreds of thousands of "refugees" loose in the population will affect our covid numbers. I'm sure all of them had their physicals, had their covid vaccines, and all their immunisations updated before travelling North. Right?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I don't know what to think about the mRNA vaccines. My wife has already had the vaccine; I have not.

My biggest problem with the vaccine is that I don’t trust Dr. Fauci.

https://youtu.be/GziGynAo0ek

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ Whack-job antivaxxer. Might as well interview Jenny McCarthy.

Posts: 20262 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Do you believe Geert Vanden Bossche is a Whack-Job?

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sure, this is all that is left for those like gus who disagree with those in the medical field who think this experiment is not a great deal. The "great push" is more than enough for me to question it.

I have an open mind and one who can sort the available data and determine for myself what to do or not to do.

I think he may have a pix of fauci on his mantel.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19423 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had to watch a webinar at work yesterday where our business area EVP and his 3 assembled minons had to basically BEG us all to get the vaccine as soon as we can.

BEGGING.

Why are they begging? That says it all to me right there.

They also keep alluding to making it a condition of employment which scares the crap out of me. Confused

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
They also keep alluding to making it a condition of employment which scares the crap out of me. Confused

When it becomes mandatory, or a condition of employment, or travel...
there will be freedom-loving people living on the outside, excluded from their utopia...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

When it becomes mandatory, or a condition of employment, or travel...
there will be freedom-loving people living on the outside, excluded from their utopia...

That pic reminded of Edgar Friendly and his rant from Demolition Man:

I'm the enemy. Cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind if guy who wants to sit in a greasy spoon and think, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol. I want to eat bacon, butter and buckets of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in a non-smoking section. I wanna run through the streets naked with green Jello all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to. Okay, pal? I've seen the future, you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sittin' around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake singing "I'm an Oscar-Meyer Wiener". You wanna live on top, you gotta live Cocteau's way. What he wants, when he wants, how he wants. Your other choice: come down here, maybe starve to death.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30671 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Can't do that. As far as I understand from medical processionals, no one can be compelled to take a vaccine that is on Emergency Use Authorization without full FDA approval. Asserting such could get your employer in big trouble. And realistically, the only real mechanisms for mandatory vaccination are public school attendance, and military service.

Businesses want to limit liability for virus transmission at work, so of course they want you to get the vaccine so they can get back to "normal" faster, so they will promote it as much as they can.

Look at it this way:

Trump engaged the Pharma companies and challenged them to develop a vaccine before the end of 2020, reducing regulatory red tape and contracting to buy millions of doses from multiple companies as a hedge against who might succeed. He told us we would have a vaccine in 2020 and the "experts" said it was impossible and the democrats said he was lying. Biden called him a liar in the debates. And Kamala Harris spread FUD about "Trump Vaccines" being unsafe. But Trump did the impossible.

Then the first vaccine was validated and they held back the info until just after the election to favor Biden. I will bet Fauci had something to do with this. Biden entered office with two vaccines ready and a third close behind and all he can do is bitch and blame Trump for his own administration's inability to distribute the vaccines, along with democrat states' inability to decide which politically favored group gets to go first. He also takes credit for cross licensing of manufacturing he had nothing to do with and invoking the "defense production act" as if the Pharma companies need to be forced to make enough vaccine doses to meet demand?

Meanwhile most of Europe except UK screwed the pooch and are way behind the US on vaccines.

The democrats politicized vaccines the entire time and did everything they could to discredit Trump. Then they politicized distribution and said "old white people" should be behind minority essential workers despite much lower risk relative to age.

Based on this, the logical conclusion is that the democrats were wrong and lying the whole time, Trump was right and we should get the vaccine. The democrats created the FUD over "Trump Vaccines", not the Republicans. I got the first Pfizer shot Sunday. My arm hurt a day or two. I don't feel 100% but hard to say if it's really vaccine related.

Due to international travel I've been vaccinated for everything else - Hep A, Hep B, Yellow Fever, Polio booster, DTP periodic (10 years I think), and Typhus periodic (2 years). I've never had a reaction other than mild fly symptoms with the Typhus vaccine but Ibuprofen generally can prevent that if you take it concurrently. I have no doubt that various countries will mandate vaccines to get entry visas, or to avoid quarantine periods. So the sooner the better for me so I can get back on the road when my company allows me to.

Posts: 4784 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
In the very early days of the pandemic, Elmhurst Hospital in Queens was "Ground Zero".
The Video by Dr. Coleen Smith went viral and was carried by the N.Y. Times and picked up by many major news outlets around the world.

It's interesting that Coleen Smith's specialty is "Simulation".

Event 201 was a Simulation held in Oct. 2019. Right before the pandemic started.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/ew2S6KISelML/

For those danger seekers who dare to think for themselves, here is a video that looks into Dr. Coleen Smith, Elmhurst Hospital and some of the people promoting the fear. Once again, come to your own conclusions.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/IVeNDUrBuArh/

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Due to international travel I've been vaccinated for everything else - Hep A, Hep B, Yellow Fever, Polio booster, DTP periodic (10 years I think), and Typhus periodic (2 years). I've never had a reaction other than mild fly symptoms with the Typhus vaccine but Ibuprofen generally can prevent that if you take it concurrently. I have no doubt that various countries will mandate vaccines to get entry visas, or to avoid quarantine periods. So the sooner the better for me so I can get back on the road when my company allows me to.

Oh believe me, I was too. When I served in the Army and Air Guard we got every shot under the sun you listed plus anthrax and what not. I just am not in a rush to get something that's still considered experimental and no one has any idea whatsoever about what this could do to you in 6 months, a year, two years from now.

The way I see it, the clinical trials are going on right now for this.

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Businesses want to limit liability for virus transmission at work, so of course they want you to get the vaccine so they can get back to "normal" faster, so they will promote it as much as they can.
I think it's more likely that businesses want to cover their asses when it comes to potential legal liability if someone claims to have acquired the virus at work. This whole thing is one huge cluster____ .

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I asked my company lawyers about this.

They strongly urged us not to make it mandatory, as if someone has an adverse reaction or dies in response, the company is liable.

So your EVP probably knows this and is full of shit.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I had to watch a webinar at work yesterday where our business area EVP and his 3 assembled minons had to basically BEG us all to get the vaccine as soon as we can.

BEGGING.

Why are they begging? That says it all to me right there.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.nih.gov/news-event...er-recovery-covid-19

January 26, 2021

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19
At a Glance
The immune systems of more than 95% of people who recovered from COVID-19 had durable memories of the virus up to eight months after infection.
The results provide hope that people receiving SARS-CoV-2 vaccines will develop similar lasting immune memories after vaccination.

Time since infection ranged from six days after symptom onset to eight months later. More than 40 participants had been recovered for more than six months before the study began. About 50 people provided blood samples at more than one time after infection.

The research was funded in part by NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and National Cancer Institute (NCI). Results were published on January 6, 2021, in Science.

The researchers found durable immune responses in the majority of people studied. Antibodies against the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, which the virus uses to get inside cells, were found in 98% of participants one month after symptom onset. As seen in previous studies, the number of antibodies ranged widely between individuals. But, promisingly, their levels remained fairly stable over time, declining only modestly at 6 to 8 months after infection.

Virus-specific B cells increased over time. People had more memory B cells six months after symptom onset than at one month afterwards. Although the number of these cells appeared to reach a plateau after a few months, levels didn’t decline over the period studied.

Levels of T cells for the virus also remained high after infection. Six months after symptom onset, 92% of participants had CD4+ T cells that recognized the virus. These cells help coordinate the immune response. About half the participants had CD8+ T cells, which kill cells that are infected by the virus.

Posts: 16002 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/st.../1374777986965209100

Researchers in Mexico have made a nose-only Covid mask, which they say reduces the risk of infection of coronavirus during eating and talking.

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'd love to see the Babylon Bee top that one! Big Grin

Fauci will be out soon saying we need to wear 2 nose masks covered by 3 face masks!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post