SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have read studies in the past that said that you can indeed be infected with the flu virus and never have any symptoms or symptoms that are so mild that you wouldn't consider yourself to have the flu.

That well may be the case but I've also always been told by doctors etc that your are only contagious while you have symptoms or within a very short period either side of that. With this also being a virus, I'm definitely not fully bought into being contagious with no symptoms and throw in the large number of false positives, inflated numbers and lies, there is lots of reason to not believe it.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm so sick of this shit. Get on with life, the insanity needs to stop.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/kJfB4DOgxy4

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I have a small business. I went through Hell with Katrina, and I learned a lot. The government is not here to help. I will get through this but my income is down one third so far. Lots of my friends are not so lucky. Cut off the checks of the bureaucrats and see what happens. Of courseGov. Pritzker in Illinois is independently wealthy so it will not matter with him.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Our governor never misses an opportunity to virtue signal or "model" C-19 behavior, repeatedly pummeling his social distancing message, blaming young people, college students, restaurants and bars for ignoring social distancing and mask wearing and spreading the virus, and a few months ago scolded residents who refused to, to "Wear a damn mask", and he announced a new state-wide increased restriction level several days earlier that was imposed the day after Thanksgiving...and now he and his partner have the virus.

[note: hyperlinks and article comments at the linked article]

==============

Gov. Jared Polis, first gentleman Marlon Reis test positive for COVID-19

November 29, 2020

Colorado Gov. Jared Polis and first gentleman Marlon Reis have tested positive for COVID-19, the governor tweeted Saturday night.

Polis and Reis are “asymptomatic, feeling well, and will continue to isolate in their home.”

“Marlon and I are feeling well so far, and are in good spirits,” Polis said in a statement.

Polis said he will work remotely and “continue to fulfill his duties and responsibilities.” Polis began quarantining Wednesday after learning he was exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.

The novel coronavirus has been surging in Colorado and around the country. The state estimated Tuesday that one in 41 people here are contagious, and Polis and other officials have been warning for weeks of a potential catastrophic overload of the state health care system.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First gentleman? That’s all I got out of that.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tucson Mayor and City Council (Democrats) have mandated a 10pm to 5am curfew in city limits beginning this Friday.

AZ Governor (RINO) says they can't do that.

There should be some interesting developments coming.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Tucson Mayor and City Council (Democrats) have mandated a 10pm to 5am curfew in city limits beginning this Friday.

AZ Governor (RINO) says they can't do that.

There should be some interesting developments coming.
Did I miss something in all my research on this virus? Is the virus more contagious or deadly after 10pm? May I suggest a big middle finger salute to the Tucson mayor and council and go about living your life as normal.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if you are not fed up with this nonsense yet, just wait. On one of her last pressers, Whitmer went on and on about another surge in cases because people traveled for Thanksgiving. Then she said the state will expect another surge when people get together for Christmas.
I believe this insanity will be with us for all of 2021.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My work is preparing for the worst case scenario, they are considering paying people to stay home if they don't go anywhere, and will pay them OT if they do need to report. It's nuts we have had a few cases at work, mostly vendors and customers, not our actual employees.

I am new at the company, I need the experience, I don't want to be away from work, I want to grow. I guess I shouldn't complain, but I want the time on site, not the free money.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Well, if you are not fed up with this nonsense yet, just wait. On one of her last pressers, Whitmer went on and on about another surge in cases because people traveled for Thanksgiving. Then she said the state will expect another surge when people get together for Christmas.
I believe this insanity will be with us for all of 2021.

How soon can Michigan be free of the Whitmer regime?

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stuck with Witmer for another 2 years.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Stuck with Witmer for another 2 years.

We re stuck with Beshear 3 more years.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti on Wednesday issued new coronavirus lockdown restrictions as cases in the city continue to reach record highs.

The city's public health department has reported 414,185 total cases to date, including nearly 6,000 on Wednesday, less than a month away from Christmas.

"It's time to hunker down," Garcetti said in a Wednesday video announcing the new restrictions. "It's time to cancel everything, and if it isn't essential, don't do it. Don't meet up with others outside your household. Don't host a gathering. Don't attend a gathering."

The order, effective immediately, requires all city residents to stay home, unless engaging in a list of essential activities, and all businesses to cease operations.

Public transportation and gatherings are prohibited with the exception of gatherings for outdoor religious services and outdoor protests with social distancing and face masks.

Essential activities include health care operations, grocery store visits, farming, social services, media and music production, plumbing and electricity work and so on, according to the order.

"Our City is now close to a devastating tipping point, beyond which the number of hospitalized patients would start to overwhelm our hospital system, in turn risking needless suffering and death," a Wednesday public order from Garcetti reads. "These unfortunate facts about the spread of COVID-19 in our City mean that we must resume some of the more restrictive measures we instituted in the Spring."

Wednesday's order builds upon L.A. County's new "Safer at Home" order issued last week amid a surge in cases. Officials warned that restrictions could tighten if the county's five-day threshold of new cases surpassed 4,500.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-...wns-before-christmas

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Anyone participating in this foolishness is complicit.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Media and music production is essential? Ha! That right there tells you all you need to know. The lefty "entertainers" put enough pressure on the mayor to get excepted because of course they're all better than us peons and the world would just fall apart if they had to quit working. It's so transparent birds are flying into it.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Our City is now close to a devastating tipping point, beyond which the number of hospitalized patients would start to overwhelm our hospital system, in turn risking needless suffering and death," a Wednesday public order from Garcetti reads. "These unfortunate facts about the spread of COVID-19 in our City mean that we must resume some of the more restrictive measures we instituted in the Spring....
....that didn't accomplish shit short of destroying businesses and personal wealth, increasing drug addiction, increasing child abuse, and increasing suicides, and that we obviously didn't learn shit from". Yep, the Forrest Gump approach to governance...."Stupid is as stupid does."

Middle finger salute boys and girls, middle finger salute. Live your lives and tell the Garcetti's (you know, the filth and garbage) to [blank] themselves.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another reason I live in Mississippi. Reasonable young Republican Governor. No complaints. He still looks like a kid running for Student Council but he is doing a good job. Considerably brighter than he looks. I think he understands the impact of lockdowns on the economy and in particular small businesses.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

They think the virus can read a clock? Roll Eyes

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Another reason I live in Mississippi. Reasonable young Republican Governor.

Happy to be living in Tennessee (also with a reasonable Republican governor) right now as well.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I shouldn't ask this, forgive me. Laziness is not what I am trying to achieve, but I am late to this thread and haven't read/searched through all of it.

What are the thoughts of the Sigforum doctors/"experts" on the use of HCQ and Zinc for COVID?

What are the thoughts on the general masking of the public?

Just to be open, I believe in HCQ+Zinc and I am dubious, at best, in regard to the general masking of the public. My wife was a doctor in Mexico for years (she loves Trump!) and agrees with me about the two issues.

Just want some additional insights and input. Thanks!

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post