SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
There is still an active moonshine presence. A friend of mine is an ABC enforcement agent. Part of the time they bust moonshiners.

The Coastal counties have been able to serve liquor around the clock since the early 90s. Philosophically, the area is more tied to the culture of New Orleans and Mobile. Our area relies primarily upon tourism and the seafood industry.

Posts: 17229 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
The sheriff up on Montgomery Texas was on the radio yesterday saying he is not going to enforce Gov.Abbotts requirement about wearing masks. He said it’s not legal, and he is not going to waste his dept time with this. There are a few other counties that are also refusing to honor it. Abbott said today if Texas is going to refuse to wear masks, he would lock the state down again.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Montgomery County has also invited the state Republican Convention to relocate there. The event was set for Houston, but now Houston's Mayor is basically trying to cancel the event by arguing that there's been a recent rise in Kung Flu cases and that no other conventions have been scheduled for the rest of the year. Don't know what'll happen; I think the Executive Committee is supposed to meet this weekend. An appeal (or two) has supposedly been made to the state Supreme Court, but no information seems to be available about it beyond this:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...nvention/ar-BB16AxtX

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Abbott said today if Texas is going to refuse to wear masks, he would lock the state down again.
He can try but that genie has left the bottle and I don't think folks have much patience with this BS anymore.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salty Dawg:

Anyone heard from GA Gator?

I asked that about 3 weeks ago and no response. No email in his profile either, wasn’t sure if anyone knew him outside of posts.

The above was his last post other than a couple around the same time, first of June.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
ABC? WTF?
What kind of commie state do you live in?
Wouldn't it be better to have a free-market to handle supply disruptions in this essential industry?

The other joyous part of the MS setup is every single bottle of wine and liquor is processed through a single facility in Jackson area. Imagine how efficient that is. Spoke with a distiller in the area who also has a separate adjacent storefront where he sells his product. After bottling he has to ship to state and gets it back with markup in a few weeks to sell 20 feet from where it was made.

It’s not just the COVID that makes this state stoopid.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Fake News and Fallacy of this Bullshit- Masks are "To Protect Others" so him not wearing one wouldn't of made any difference for him. What's the point of the article other than fear mongering?

This quote doesn't make any sense:
"if I can convince one person to wear a mask, that is one more person that could possibly have it and be asymptomatic and not cause someone else to lose their dad," Amy said"

He didn't lack protection by not wearing a mask that doesn't work- he only spread the disease to others?
quote:
Alabama man dies of COVID-19, family says he refused to wear mask

https://komonews.com/news/nati...refused-to-wear-mask

There's going to be an entire generation of mental cases because of this media hysteria.

This guy never had it But that didn't matter:
quote:
‘Anti-science saga’? NBC contributor who documented harrowing battle with Covid-19 NEVER had the virus
"Dr Joseph Fair appeared at least 10 times on NBC and MSNBC over the last two months to share his fight against Covid-19 with the networks’ viewers. His television appearances – including an interview from his hospital bed – fueled panic about the illness. Describing himself as a fit and healthy 42-year-old, Fair claimed in May that he had absorbed the virus through his eyes while on a flight. As it turns out, there is no reason to believe he ever contracted the virus. "
https://www.rt.com/usa/494468-...bc-coronavirus-fake/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
‘Anti-science saga’? NBC contributor who documented harrowing battle with Covid-19 NEVER had the virus

Coming from NBC, that should not surprise anyone.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
So the guy without Covid was hospitalized in a Covid ward, and STILL never got Covid. I would say he must have had a really good mask, but judging from all of the video evidence, we know that's not the case.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Imo, Masks do very little and more than likely facilitate the infection of the wearer. Granted, a healthy immune system is your best defense. If face-coverings actually worked then the country would be open and we would be visiting loved-ones in nursing homes. Since they aren't, they're talking out of their arses.

15 days to slow the spread, 118 days and counting...

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Good video!

Dr. Jeffrey Barke: Cases are rising, but the fatality rate is dropping. The average age of new cases is 31—fatality is so low for that age group that it's hard to even calculate.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
The average age of new cases is 31—fatality is so low for that age group that it's hard to even calculate.

As difficult to calculate as the level of stupidity and gullibility in the US currently I imagine.

Seriously, a virus that is so mild in most people now that one must get tested to even know he has it or had it. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
If the masks are so great why is most everything still shut down?

Open everything back up and I will consider the possibility of perhaps wearing a mask.

Most of the people promulgating this bullshit should face a firing squad - and they can get a mask instead of a Blindfold.

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the masks are so great why is most everything still shut down

Take that a step further. If masks are so great, then why did we shut down at all?

Seriously, we're now being told that just wearing just about any type of cloth face covering will save umptine lives.

Think of all the lives that would have been saved if we had done that from the get go. The economy didn't have to be tanked, kids could have finished the school year in school. Airlines, cruise ships, theme parks, pro sports, etc. could have all continued on as normal, if we had just wore some old t-shirts over our faces.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Bit of comedy RE. mask wearing. I picked up liquid chlorine at the local pool store the other day and the kid who loaded my jugs was complaining of a headache. When we got to my truck, I told him to take off his mask and hang out with me in the parking lot for a few minutes to chat and catch up (he used to play for me when I coached baseball). After about 15-20 minutes of chatting, I asked him how he felt. His comment...Quite a bit better. Smile According to 'the science' this kid has little to no chance of being negatively impacted by this bug, but he's going to be required to wear a mask at work that will give him headaches and make his day worse. Simply a great idea. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ His pulse oxygen level is dropping from wearing the mask.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It’s all about the mask, as in what kind. They require it at my gym and I use a Lycra mask and I have no problems with high intensity lifting/cardio at all. No headaches, no issues.
Cloth masks suck and impair your breathing.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ why in the hell are you wearing a mask at all in that situation?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
A lot of gyms here require it. If you want to go and they require it you must wear one.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^ why in the hell are you wearing a mask at all in that situation?

Why in the hell are you worried about what I do or don’t? It’s required by the gym, the county, city, and the State. I know the people at the gym well as I have been going there for 15 years. The gym gets fined $500 for each individual without a face covering if the city rolls by to check.

Athletes have been working out in masks for many years to simulate high altitude training. It’s highly effective. I have no issue at all with a mask on during high intensity weight lifting or cardio because I know what kind of material to use since weight lifters and body builders have been using high altitude training masks for many years. The choice is not difficult. Sit on my ass at home or put the thing on and go to the gym. It’s a requirement at the grocery store as well. What am I going to do as a law abiding citizen? Go in there and raise holy hell with employees who get paid small wages and are just doing their job? I don’t think so, I need to eat.

This was the deadliest week for our area so far. Deaths up, hospitalizations up, and it’s trending towards max capacity at the hospitals. Governor Abbot is threatening already, if people don’t wear masks, he’s going to shut down our economy again. I don’t want my gym closed again as it was closed for months. I’m just now getting back into the shape I was in prior to all this madness by really pushing myself in the gym. I don’t have the $5,000.00 I would need to buy home gym equipment, and they don’t have it anyways. Dumbbells, sold out for months. Home universal gym, a good one, expensive and sold out until late 2020, same for a stationary bike.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/...t-week-from-covid-19

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post