SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's time for the world to hold China accountable, not just for creating this virus but for attempting to cover it up

And intentionally spreading it around the world. This is nothing less than an act of war.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15712 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Yet another interesting read... Israeli Professor Shows Virus Follows Fixed Pattern

Maybe the sky isn't really falling...

quote:

The numbers told a shocking story: irrespective of whether the country quarantined like Israel, or went about business as usual like Sweden, coronavirus peaked and subsided in the exact same way. In the exact, same, way.

Unfortunately, if you go look at the actual paper, the guy's conclusions were based on data through April 6th, and in some cases based on an apparent decrease in daily new cases over only a couple of days.

In the almost two weeks since then, Sweden's number of daily new cases has continued to trend upwards, and the number of daily new cases in the US has held fairly steady rather than declining.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^. Here we go with Sweden again. Go back and read my post on page 381.

Also, no one is debating Sweden’s peak is going to be later than the US. This is common knowledge. After reading the entire article, it’s clear you only cherry pick what you want to panic about.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3993 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
New York state has the most cases and deaths by far (across the U.S.)

New York City has 75% of the New York State deaths

"New York City" has 75% of the NY deaths, not New York City Metro

New York City is a real "hot spot"

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin That's great! I loved the original SNL.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
I like her to, but I like data. If you apply S Dakotas rate of infection ratio to the population of California you get a total Covid infected of around 47,000. The last time I looked at California COVID total it was around 30,000. That was not what I was expecting.

Knock it off with that rate of infection or number of cases crap. As more and more people get tested in the US, there’s going to be more and more ‘cases’. You might be infected right now. Some people seem to forget that almost everyone on the planet is going to get Chinese Flu.

The number of deaths in the US is FAR, FAR lower than the ‘experts’ stated. And even those numbers are lies. Always remember that.

You are missing the point. The contrast between S Dakota and California as to the measures in place are extreme. The rate of infection in S Dakota is 55% greater than California. The measures that have been attempted were always to slow the VELOCITY OF SPREAD.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunday news....

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Smile

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38927 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are missing the point. The contrast between S Dakota and California as to the measures in place are extreme. The rate of infection in S Dakota is 55% greater than California. The measures that have been attempted were always to slow the VELOCITY OF SPREAD.

Actually, you’re missing the point. Like I said, almost everyone on the planet is going to get Chinese Flu at some point. The healthcare system was never going to be overloaded in the first place on a national scale. You’re too busy panicking over rate of infection numbers, among other things. Only places like NYC where they continued to run subways and you have a high concentration of people was there any concern. And even they only needed a fraction of the ventilators that Cuomo said they were going to need. Do you really think S. Dakota is going to be like NYC? You keep forgetting that most people will not require any hospitalization for Chinese Flu. Not to mention, you talk as if California is completely shut down (extreme) as there is no contact between people, which is not the case.

But hey, panic.

———————————————

Posts: 3993 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:

Actually, you’re missing the point. Like I said, almost everyone on the planet is going to get Chinese Flu at some point. The healthcare system was never going to be overloaded in the first place on a national scale. You’re too busy panicking over rate of infection numbers, among other things. Only places like NYC where they continued to run subways and you have a high concentration of people was there any concern. And even they only needed a fraction of the ventilators that Cuomo said they were going to need. Do you really think S. Dakota is going to be like NYC? You keep forgetting that most people will not require any hospitalization for Chinese Flu.

But hey, panic.
. Whose panicking my friend, as to everyone becoming infected by COVID, I don’t accept that projection. For example: have you had smallpox? I certainly haven’t had smallpox. I’ve been optimistic on therapeutic advances but not so optimistic on MRNA vaccines.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ Bad example comparing smallpox to Chinese Flu for reasons obvious to most people.

———————————————

Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge: Like I said, almost everyone on the planet is going to get Chinese Flu at some point.

You've now said this at least four times.

What are you basing this statement on?

Posts: 7350 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Happy Orthodox Easter!

So I was driving from Indy home to NTX, traffic was light. Not sure how much lighter but I pretty much kept the cruise on 75 and did not hit the brakes until around I69 and around S OK traffic was heavy but not normal Friday afternoon traffic.

Since Abbot loosened the restrictions in TX it seems Texans just said "fuck it".

Went out for groceries and Costco had plenty of TP. Everybody was out enjoying the beautiful spring weather and Lowes was beyond crazy....lines 20m long due to 6' spacing. When I heard they were only taking cash (nit sure why) I left. Went this morning and no one was there.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like her to, but I like data. If you apply S Dakotas rate of infection ratio to the population of California you get a total Covid infected of around 47,000. The last time I looked at California COVID total it was around 30,000. That was not what I was expecting.

If you take cases around the one pork processing plant area out of the mix how do the numbers compare between the state of SD to Cali?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7173 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:

You need to go back an watch the entire interview. You are implying that S Dakota should be taking the same steps as California. You are looking at the infection rate vs total population and projecting a rate of growth greater than California.

If you watch the video, the Governor says that most of their infections are at the Smithfield pork processing plant. This is critical infrastructure, and would have remained open even if their economy had been shuttered like Michigan. Therefore, your suggestion that the “data” supports a complete lockdown is false. Most of S.D. remains Covid free, so they are using a targeted approach to containment instead of carpet bombing the entire economy.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8245 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
FNC’s Carlson: ‘Gretchen Whitmer Is a Ghoul’

Not only has Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI) been one of the most outspoken opponents of President Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, she has also been one willing to use the powers of government to impose her will on citizens in the name of preventing the spread of the crisis. One such example highlighted by Fox News Channel’s Tucker Carlson during his Friday program is deeming joint replacement surgery an “elective procedure” but not abortion. According to Carlson, Whitmer’s decisions have been based on politics and ideology, not science.

He deemed the Michigan Democrat a “ghoul” for this approach to the coronavirus crisis.

“Gretchen Whitmer is a ghoul,” Carlson said. “She is a dangerous ideologue who knows nothing about science and doesn’t care to learn. Whitmer deems elective abortion essential because the abortion lobby has bankrolled her political career. She is encouraging liquor and lotto ticket sales in her state because sin taxes levied on the poorest people in Michigan fund her government. She bans church services because she knows who her political opponents are. These are not decisions rooted in epidemiology or science. They are partisan, political decisions — every one, and she is not the only governor making them right now.”

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:

You need to go back an watch the entire interview. You are implying that S Dakota should be taking the same steps as California. You are looking at the infection rate vs total population and projecting a rate of growth greater than California.

If you watch the video, the Governor says that most of their infections are at the Smithfield pork processing plant. This is critical infrastructure, and would have remained open even if their economy had been shuttered like Michigan. Therefore, your suggestion that the “data” supports a complete lockdown is false. Most of S.D. remains Covid free, so they are using a targeted approach to containment instead of carpet bombing the entire economy.

I’m not drawing that conclusion that you are suggesting. I’ve always felt infection control is not binary but more of a local/ regional thing. I also believe the turning on the economy is also a subtle process that will lend itself to innovation.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Happy Orthodox Easter!

So I was driving from Indy home to NTX, traffic was light. Not sure how much lighter but I pretty much kept the cruise on 75 and did not hit the brakes until around I69 and around S OK traffic was heavy but not normal Friday afternoon traffic.

Since Abbot loosened the restrictions in TX it seems Texans just said "fuck it".

Went out for groceries and Costco had plenty of TP. Everybody was out enjoying the beautiful spring weather and Lowes was beyond crazy....lines 20m long due to 6' spacing. When I heard they were only taking cash (nit sure why) I left. Went this morning and no one was there.

I heard there was a network outage that affected card processing.

Posts: 13783 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Peter Navarro: China 'cornered' the personal protective equipment market and 'is profiteering' during coronavirus outbreak

I hope to God a day of reckoning is due China. The world needs to band together against them. They are our #1 enemy and America and the world needs to wake up to this.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20941 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post