SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 1207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The governor of South Dakota is very impressive. Imagine if more leaders were like her.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8221 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Slosig, yes I am and I agree. I don't anticipate a problem at our shop. We work on the cars outside so there is space. We also help maintain city PD and county sheriff vehicles so I think we will be treated old school kindly if some do-gooder complains they saw people standing too closely.

Glad to hear your locals are treating you right. It really seems that if you treat them right, they treat you right. Imagine that.

Our County Supervisors did not initially list gun stores as essential. Our LGS has a range and works closely with Local LE. It didn’t take more than a few days for our Sheriff to convince the Supervisors to correct their error and add firearms and ammunition vendors to the list.

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
The governor of South Dakota is very impressive. Imagine if more leaders were like her.

Iowa Gov Kim Reynolds is getting far less publicity, but she's also standing up to the media and Demokrats (one and the same) who DEMAND she lock down the entire state.

https://governor.iowa.gov/about-the-governor

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
Just told by my sister in law who is in the volunteer ambulance corp that New York State is forbidding them to perform CPR on people in need. They are to stand down and await instructions as to whether defibbing would be authorized. That is disconcerting.
So it is OK to let some people die? Just not if they are known to have the Wuhan Flu?

WTF?!

Do you know if that is a statewide edict or a local (county or city) protocol?

Yeah this doesn't sound right. I know that New York just jumped on the bandwagon of performing at least 20 minutes of CPR in the field and if they're still in asystole then medical control can authorize them to stop CPR. But I haven't heard anything about not starting CPR in the first place.

Posts: 6352 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Welcome to what a 'real' governor looks like. An interestingly, its yet another conservative woman. Well how about that.

Calm and reason. Outstanding. She's not been on my radar. How I wish for someone like her to lead our state.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Comical isn't it. When the Left constantly whines that we need more women elected officials, they never site women like Ms. Noem as an example of what those elected women should look like. Gee, I wonder why? I'd be very proud to live in a state governed by a woman like this.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Great. Now I have a crush on your governor, South Dakota.

Seriously, she's the type of leader we need during times like this.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Great. Now I have a crush on your governor, South Dakota.

Seriously, she's the type of leader we need during times like this.

Can't say I blame you.

The last minute should be required viewing for all governors.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Comical isn't it. When the Left constantly whines that we need more women elected officials, they never site women like Ms. Noem as an example of what those elected women should look like. Gee, I wonder why? I'd be very proud to live in a state governed by a woman like this.

I like her to, but I like data. If you apply S Dakotas rate of infection ratio to the population of California you get a total Covid infected of around 47,000. The last time I looked at California COVID total it was around 30,000. That was not what I was expecting.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Just told by my sister in law who is in the volunteer ambulance corp that New York State is forbidding them to perform CPR on people in need. They are to stand down and await instructions as to whether defibbing would be authorized. That is disconcerting.
So it is OK to let some people die? Just not if they are known to have the Wuhan Flu?

WTF?!

Yeah this doesn't sound right. I know that New York just jumped on the bandwagon of performing at least 20 minutes of CPR in the field and if they're still in asystole then medical control can authorize them to stop CPR. But I haven't heard anything about not starting CPR in the first place.

Regional medical control in the Albany area has just mandated compression only CPR unless the patient has a secured airway. Obviously this is in addition to 20 minutes of CPR in the field and no transport if asystole. There may be different protocols downstate, but I can say with certainty that the aforementioned policy is not in effect statewide.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
quote:
quote:
quote:

WTF?!

Regional medical control in the Albany area has just mandated compression only CPR unless the patient has a secured airway. Obviously this is in addition to 20 minutes of CPR in the field and no transport if asystole. There may be different protocols downstate, but I can say with certainty that the aforementioned policy is not in effect statewide.

WTF. Can't they use a BVM or something else? Is that considered too dangerous?

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16406 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Please cool it with the nested quotes, guys. You need to pare down that stuff. You've got a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote. Just quote the last person in the chain, please, and leave the rest of it out.

Posts: 107684 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
The Dakotas, IA, WY, UT, NE and AR are the holdouts, relying on the decision making of their constituents.

I think Kim Reynolds is likely to take the most heat of all them and she has a ZFG attitude to the press, I have watched a quite a few of her PR's.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
It's not just treatment of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest that is being modified.
There are new guidelines for patients with heart attacks, because many patients appear to have a conventional heart attack but when taken to the cath lab do not have the expected blood clot in the coronary artery. Hence there is high risk of COVID patients infecting cath lab personnel, with no benefit to the patient from the procedure.

In many cases the more old-fashioned but less-invasive thrombolytic therapy (IV blood clot-dissolving medication) is given instead.

Link

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gov Kristi Noem... you go girl.
Right there is a public official with brains and common sense!

And very easy on the eyes. Wink

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Welcome to what a 'real' governor looks like. An interestingly, its yet another conservative woman. Well how about that.

Silly woman. No wonder all the leftists are out for her head. First, she is foolishly passing an opportunity to seize additional power, second she is spewing this ridiculous talk that makes it sound like she might even consider her citizens to be adults with functioning brains, capable of thinking for themselves and making rational decisions. It is almost too silly to consider anything other than a joke. But the real coup de grace is that this craziness seems to be working out for her state. The utter heresy of not turning into an authoritarian and not failing grossly so that she can be used as an example to prove that the politician have to turn into jackbooted thugs and treat their subjects like children that have to be directed. Jimminy Cricket, she might actually make those power grabbing governors look bad! Heaven knows we can’t have that. Everyone must understand that the state is the source of everything. Heck, next thing you know, she might even say that business folks in her state actually did build their businesses. Absolutely shocking! [/sarcasm]

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
I like her to, but I like data. If you apply S Dakotas rate of infection ratio to the population of California you get a total Covid infected of around 47,000. The last time I looked at California COVID total it was around 30,000. That was not what I was expecting.

Knock it off with that rate of infection or number of cases crap. As more and more people get tested in the US, there’s going to be more and more ‘cases’. You might be infected right now. Some people seem to forget that almost everyone on the planet is going to get Chinese Flu.

The number of deaths in the US is FAR, FAR lower than the ‘experts’ stated. And even those numbers are lies. Always remember that.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3976 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
WTF. Can't they use a BVM or something else? Is that considered too dangerous?

We've been advised that if the BVM does not have a HEPA filter you risk aerosolizing the virus. Since none of ours do, the policy has changed.

Despite my displayed location, I'm in NY.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wisconsin Sheriff standing up for citizens....won't enforce stay home orders. Great job Sheriff!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...Oy2u?ocid=spartanntp

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump asks "Who believes the China number ?"

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-a-moral-ob-n2567179

During Saturday evening's White House Coronavirus Task Force press briefing, Dr. Deborah Birx showed a chart comparing the number of Wuhan coronavirus deaths across the globe. At the bottom of the chart was China, with a reported 0.33 deaths per 100,000, something we know has to be a blatant lie.

After Dr. Birx finished with the slide, President Donald Trump pointed to the numbers and asked reporters in the room if anyone believed the numbers coming out of Iran and China.

"This is why the reporting is so important. And I think you remember almost six weeks ago, maybe a month ago, I was telling you what Italy was showing to us and what France was telling to us and the warnings that they gave to us. They said be very careful, there's an extraordinarily high mortality amongst people with preexisting conditions and we used their information to bring that to the American people," she explained. "That came, that alert before we even had significant cases, came from our European colleagues on the front lines."

According to the Coronavirus Response Coordinator, it's important for countries to be transparent about what they're dealing with, especially when a new virus or disease comes about because it gives countries an opportunity to alert residents. She said that information from Europe allowed the U.S. to make critical decisions and alert vulnerable populations on March 15th.

If China had been truthful from the get-go people in Italy and France might have had a fighting chance. There are two reasons we've had fewer cases and a smaller death count: 1) President Trump shut down flights to and from China early on and 2) our European counterparts were transparent and told our health experts what they've learned.

It's time for the world to hold China accountable, not just for creating this virus but for attempting to cover it up.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The DEM party lie:

DEM senator Murphy: "The reason that we're in the crisis that we are today is not because of anything that China did"

DEMs have adopted a universal strategy of saying the most outrageous lies and falsehoods on every topic. They own MSM and get away with it.

Posts: 19598 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post