SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Similar to what the Sigmonkey has posted, all the panicky cattle need to follow the B.O.N.R. graph. It rises to the occasion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLP2WbugjXk

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
130 aklhfha'

48820 awdkdkafh

907989871232b aksidhfkifhseh!!!

5023592093492035209352069820983 OMG WE ALLL GONNA DY!!!!!

or not...

I definitely think 140 aklhfha. Not 130. And the Bulgaria pie should be larger. And purple. What were you thinking dammit?!!?

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Bananas.
I was thinking of bananas...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bananas.

Ah. OK then. I agree. Bananas explains it.... Or bacon.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
My old hospital (smallest one of a big healthcare chain) has 26 cases 8 of which are vented. However other units (OR) are slow and elective surgical cases are cancelled. This means less work for those not involved with the units that are affected. Layoffs are happening everywhere in the hospital systems aside from hot spots of course.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The War of 2020, risking our livelihood that others might live.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
In Alamance County NC we have 14 cases. My SIL is a nurse. Her hours have been reduced, till further notice. Because the hospital is EMPTY. All surgeries cancelled. The ER is empty.

She was offered $10K to go work in NYC. But she thinks that is a terrible idea. I agree with her. But to watch the news, you would think the hospitals are full of people dying with the virus.

I think I will follow jljones example and turn off the news. For a few weeks. They just aren't credible. Regards 18DAI

Next door in Guilford, it’s a bit worse here but not dramatically so. I’ll probably head to the range tomorrow in northern Alamance County.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Enough

Thank you.

This pissin' contest is getting old.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3127 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
quote:
Bananas.

Deep fried bacon wrapped bananas!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3127 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey: Thanks for posting that graph. It was hilarious and I really needed a break from all of this. Cool

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
We need more banjo.

Posts: 109163 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll raise you, one Doc Watson!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
For those of us in “essential” jobs, are people getting snippy/short with each other for you? My GM came within a few seconds of me telling him where to go and what to do when he got there today. Been busting my ass, trying to hold my dept together with seriously short staffing and he came along barking because I’d taken less than 5 minutes to catch my breath (literally, I’d been on my feet nonstop from about 9:30am to 6pm).

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
For those of us in “essential” jobs...

Yeah, they say “essential” when they mean “expendable” but that may be a little too close to the truth than they want to admit.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 46and2:
We need more banjo.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/47NPOkNqANQ

Posts: 5015 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomS:
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
quote:
Bananas.

Deep fried bacon wrapped bananas!

With Oreos!

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2080 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
One of the guys in my car group having some fun. Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21147 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1848 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Democrats on Friday introduced a measure to amend the $2 trillion CARES Act, extending the cash payment benefit to non-citizens, including illegal aliens.

Three House Democrats, Reps. Lou Correa (CA), Judy Chu (CA), and Raúl Grijalva (AZ), introduced the Leave No Taxpayer Behind Act designed to amend the cash payment portion of the CARES Act — the $2 trillion emergency economic relief measure designed to help U.S. citizens who are facing economic hardship caused by the coronavirus pandemic — to extend to non-citizens.

Currently, the CARES Act requires recipients to have a Social Security number. ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers) taxpayers, which include foreign nationals and those residing in the country illegally, are not eligible and will not receive cash assistance. That is an “egregious error,” according to the Democrats’ press release.

Boiling them in oil is out, but I hope that this can be used in campaign material against these fecal material stains in the run-up to November.

Posts: 7096 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
This also assumes that the Chinese have actually gotten control of the epidemic
...while it quietly continues to burn through it's population while they Chinese government forces it's people to work while it continues. There's some pretty strong evidence for this.

Isn't that what folks on here who want to get the economy "going again" are advocating?

I think that there is a difference between allowing people who want to go back to work to do so and ordering people to go back to work whether they want to or not.

I am not (yet) arguing that we need to stop all this shelter in place stuff yesterday like some, but I am becoming more and more bothered by the approach we seem to be taking.

Case in point, the paddleboarder arrested in CA. Okay, I get it, the lifeguards don't want to risk infection to rescue him if he gets in trouble. I'd argue however that paying lifeguards to tell people to stay out of the water is stupid. Instead, cut the lifeguards loose and let them shelter at home. Put up signs that say, "WARNING!!! No lifeguards! Enter water only at your own risk." Then stay out of the way, let free people make their own choices, and if they drown, it is on them.

The government should be advising everyone, but I don't think they would be wiping everyone's backside for them.

$0.02

Posts: 7096 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post