SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
FDA Says Telling People Not to Take Ivermectin for COVID-19 Was Just a Recommendation
Oh, yeah. The mind games and clumsy con artistry is working so well for you slugs. Everyone is still buying your lies. You bet.

They know that a reckoning is upon them. Cockroaches scurrying for cover when the light is turned on.

We've got your number, bureaucrats, and you will be forever saddled with your lies. We won't forget and we won't let you even try to forget, and that goes double for your news media co-conspirators.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ The gov overreach during all this time has been criminal! I hope in time the light is fully lit on them and their bullshit involvement from beginning to end....along with the creation of this damn virus in the first place!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39263 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Powerful. Please watch and share.

World Premiere: Died Suddenly

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-wor...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/...i5oSoQSvK0y4mGohw%3D

FDA Says Telling People Not to Take Ivermectin for COVID-19 Was Just a Recommendation

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) telling people to “stop” taking ivermectin for COVID-19 was informal and just a recommendation, government lawyers argued during a recent hearing.

Oh FFS they are ridiculous Roll Eyes

Didn’t they try to throw Joe Rogan off Spotify for this very reason?

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu...-response/experiment

OCTOBER 2022 | VOLUME 51, ISSUE 10
The Economic Disaster of the Pandemic Response
Jeffrey A. Tucker
Brownstone Institute
The following is adapted from a talk delivered at Hillsdale College on October 20, 2022, sponsored by the student group Praxis.

"On April 15, 2020—a full month after President Trump’s fateful news conference that greenlighted lockdowns to be enacted by the states for “15 Days to Flatten the Curve”—the President had a revealing White House conversation with Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

“I’m not going to preside over the funeral of the greatest country in the world,” Trump wisely said, as reported in Jared Kushner’s book Breaking History. The promised Easter reopening of the economy had not happened, and Trump was angry. He also suspected that he had been misled and was no longer speaking to coronavirus coordinator Deborah Birx.

“I understand,” Fauci responded meekly. “I just do medical advice. I don’t think about things like the economy and the secondary impacts. I’m just an infectious diseases doctor. Your job as president is to take everything else into consideration.”

That conversation reflected the tone of the debate, then and later, over the lockdowns and vaccine mandates. The economy—viewed as mechanistic, money-centered, mostly about the stock market, and detached from anything truly important—was pitted against public health and the preservation of life. The assumption seemed to be that you had to choose one or the other—that you could not have both.

It also seemed to be widely believed in 2020 that the best approach to pandemics was to institute massive human coercion—a belief based on the novel theory that if you make humans behave like non-player characters in computer models, you can keep them from infecting one another until a vaccine arrives to wipe out the pathogen.

The lockdown approach in 2020 stood in stark contrast to a century of public health experience in dealing with pandemics. During the great influenza crisis of 1918, only a few cities tried coercion and quarantine—mostly San Francisco, also the home at the time of the first Anti-Mask League—whereas most locations took a person-by-person therapeutic approach. Given the failure of quarantines in 1918, they were not employed again during the disease scares—some real, some exaggerated—of 1929, 1940-44, 1957-58, 1967-68, 2003, 2005, and 2009. In all of those years, even the national media acted responsibly in urging calm.

"Conclusion
We could write books listing all the economic calamities directly caused by the disastrous pandemic response. We will be suffering the results for years. Yet even today, too few people grasp the relationship between our current economic hardships—extending even to growing international tensions and the breakdown of trade and travel—and the brutality of the pandemic response.

Anthony Fauci said at the outset: “I don’t think about things like the economy and the secondary impacts.” Melinda Gates admitted in a December 4, 2020, interview with The New York Times: “What did surprise us is we hadn’t really thought through the economic impacts.”

There is no wall of separation between economics and public health. A healthy economy is indispensable for healthy people. Shutting down economic life was a singularly bad idea for taking on a pandemic.

Economics is about people making choices and institutions enabling them to thrive. Public health is about the same thing. Driving a wedge between the two, as happened in 2020, ranks among the most catastrophic public policy decisions of our lifetimes.

Health and economics both require the nonnegotiable called freedom. May we never again with the near abolition of freedom in the cause of mitigating disease. "

Posts: 16185 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Good riddance!

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...gn=nl&recip=26773771

Chaos Erupts in White House Briefing As Fauci Delivers His 'Final Message'

During Tuesday's White House press briefing, Karine Jean-Pierre brought not only cookies to share with the press corps but also Dr. Fauci, who she praised as "a source of information and facts" before offering a eulogy-sounding recap of his career to introduce him for what Jean-Pierre said was his "last run at the podium."

Jean-Pierre seems to have conveniently forgotten that Fauci advocated for school closures early in the pandemic, advised against buying masks initially, withheld information from Americans he thought we couldn't handle, and joined Biden to demonize Americans who chose not to get vaccinated. Still, it's hard to believe that Tuesday might actually be the last official White House briefing room edict from Fauci ahead of his retirement from government next month.

cont...

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39263 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A newly hired American Airlines regional jet pilot collapsed just after takeoff in Chicago on Saturday night

He could not be revived. Cause of death unknown; American will not disclose any details, including his vaccination status. The co-pilot took over and averted catastrophe.
Alex Berenson

At 7:59 p.m. on Sat., Nov. 19, Captain Patrick Ford collapsed at the controls of his American Eagle Embraer 175 - only seconds after the 76-seat jet had left the runway in Chicago.

Ford was speaking to an air traffic controller at Chicago O’Hare, one of the world’s busiest airports, when his voice abruptly stopped, a publicly available recording of the incidents show.

“Can I help you?” the controller anxiously asked, seconds later.

“We need to return, captain is incapacitated,” Ford’s copilot coolly reported.

The jet, bound for Columbus, Ohio, had barely reached 2,000 feet of altitude. Any mistake could have led it to crash within seconds.

But the Embraer’s copilot, Captain Brandon Hendrickson, took control. Hendrickson brought the jet to 5,000 feet and within minutes had it back on the ground at O’Hare. Through Hendrickson was in the first officer’s seat, he was actually overseeing Ford as a “line check airman” because Ford was so new to Envoy Air, a regional carrier owned by American Airlines.

Ford’s body remained in the pilot’s seat throughout.

Envoy’s vice president for flight operations reported the death to its pilots Sunday, but beyond that American and Envoy have not publicly disclosed the near-disaster. A spokesperson for Envoy did not respond to specific questions about what had happened, acknowledging only that a “crew member” had become ill “shortly after departure” and “passed away at the hospital.”

In fact, the recording shows that Ford was either unconscious or dead throughout the short flight. “He’s knocked out,” Hendrickson told the control tower just a minute after taking over. “We’re going to need paramedics.”

Three days later, word of the close call is spreading among pilots at American and elsewhere, who are lauding Hendrickson’s heroism.

“Dude had to keep cool to get this plane on the ground safely and luckily kept a much larger disaster from occurring in the very busy airspace and land beneath Chicago Intl.,” one pilot wrote me.

“His handling of the situation was superb,” another wrote.

Among pilots who resisted mRNA Covid vaccines - a small but vocal minority - Ford’s death has also thrown into question possible cardiac side effects from the shots. American and Envoy declined to disclose if Ford had been vaccinated or boosted. But most pilots are vaccinated, following heavy government and airline pressure in the summer and fall of 2021.

Pilots at American have also noted a sharp increase in disability filings since last summer, although no one has yet directly connected those to the mRNA shots.

Addendum: the questions from me American and Envoy would not answer, reproduced verbatim:

1) Has a cause of death been determined? Will an autopsy be performed and will its findings be made public?

2) How old was Captain Ford? Was he married and did he have children? Where was he based and where did he live?

3) When did Captain Ford join AA/Envoy? Where had he worked previously (I am told Republic Airways)? Was he given a medical exam upon joining? Are medical exams standard procedures for new pilots at Envoy, or does a standard FAA clearance serve instead?

4) How recently had he received medical clearance to fly? My understanding is that pilots over 40 must receive an FAA medical certificate every six months, and those under 40 once a year.

5) Can AA/Envoy provide any details about the incident and the flight? I have seen a text from someone who claims to have spoken to Captain Hendrickson claiming that the aircraft went into a steep bank and only quick action from Captain Hendrickson averted disaster. Is this correct?

6) How many passengers were on board the aircraft?

7) What steps if any does AA/Envoy plan to take as a result of this incident?

8) Was Captain Ford vaccinated against Covid? Had he received a booster or a second booster?

https://alexberenson.substack....an-airlines-regional

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Something is definitely going around right now and it hit several coworkers and I think I may have brought it home. My 3 kiddos each got it in succession starting this past Friday with a fever and cough and stuffy/runny nose, then it hit me and now my wife is not feeling great.

This Thanksgiving may be a bust and the wife is freaking out because her brother is getting married on 12/3 and she's worried she's going to get them all sick (brother and fiancé) if we all go to Thanksgiving as planned tomorrow at her parents. Frown

Luckily it only seems to last about 3 days.

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
A spokesperson for Envoy did not respond to specific questions about what had happened, acknowledging only that a “crew member” had become ill “shortly after departure” and “passed away at the hospital.”

No, it sounds like he was DRT. Good lord! Eek

Hope ya'll get better soon, PASig.

Posts: 17644 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I caught something on Oct 26. I had two really bad days on the 29th and 30th and then slowly got better, but honestly, I still have some head and chest congestion.

I hope your family fares better and will be able to attend the wedding.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This is the LinkedIn page for a pilot with the same name and mentioned credentials in the above noted article.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrick-ford-56569027

Here is a pic of the person in it. If it is in fact the same individual, he looks fairly young to be collapsing of unknown causes. Add in the information blackout and you have a very suspicious set of circumstances. Both links reference Ford as a flight instructor that graduated from the Western Michigan University so it appears to be one and the same person.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15803 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Here's a what if to all of the pilot types here on the forum.

I know the FAA regulates pilot licenses, and medical conditions can preclude you from having a license.

What will happen if it is ever determined that these vaccines are causing these issues? Will the FAA prohibit the vaccinated from flying? And if so, seeing so many carriers required it what will happen to the airlines?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15855 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

I know the FAA regulates pilot licenses, and medical conditions can preclude you from having a license.

What will happen if it is ever determined that these vaccines are causing these issues? Will the FAA prohibit the vaccinated from flying? And if so, seeing so many carriers required it, what will happen to the airlines?

Good point.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
The airlines may have to go to a standard where one pilot is vaccinated and one is not.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2635 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
The airlines may have to go to a standard where one pilot is vaccinated and one is not.

Where will they find those pilots? These carriers were forcing their pilots to get them, so the percentage of unvaccinated pilots has to be pretty slim.

And what about the military?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15855 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Very good points. This brings up a serious issue.

posted Hide Post
I am a currently grounded due to medical issues.

Pilots over 40 have to get an FAA medical exam every six months. Under 40 every year. There are innumerable ways to lose your FAA medical, so if a pilot has medical issues that prevent him from obtaining his FAA medical, regardless of why, they will be grounded.

Do you think the government will ever admit that these sudden deaths are definitively caused by the vaccine? I don't think they will. So the FAA will probably continue to grant medicals to pilots regardless of their vaccination status so long as they don't present medical issues that would preclude them from passing the FAA medical.

If the FAA were to ever require one pilot not be vaccinated it would create a tremendous pilot shortage because as mentioned, all the airlines pushed hard for the pilots to be vaccinated and I would guess that the majority of them were vaccinated.

We already have to have two pilots specifically to address the sudden incapacitation scenario like this, and the chance of two pilots suffering it at the same time is very remote, regardless of vaccination status.

Such an admission by the government (that the vaccine leads to higher chances of sudden incapacitation) might put a big damper on the push for single piloted airliners though.

How that might affect the parallel push for remote piloted aircraft would be interesting to watch. Hard to say the impact on that but it might actually help that cause.

Posts: 1162 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Over 1,000 pages ago:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Have any of these folks actually thought this through?

From page 1,116:
Melinda Gates admitted in a December 4, 2020, interview with The New York Times: “What did surprise us is we hadn’t really thought through the economic impacts.”

I’ll take that as a “no”.

Posts: 11661 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Powerful. Please watch and share.

World Premiere: Died Suddenly

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-wor...ack&utm_medium=email

I saw this one mentioned a few places elsewhere. Definitely worth a watch. There's some allusions to other conspiracy theories that get punished for mention here, but it otherwise illustrates and puts imagery and numbers to what many of us have been saying here for years. If you didn't get vaccinated because you felt like we were all being lied to, and still are, this is worth a watch. Is it confirmation bias? I'm not sure I care at this point.

Posts: 17644 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

What will happen if it is ever determined that these vaccines are causing these issues? Will the FAA prohibit the vaccinated from flying? And if so, seeing so many carriers required it what will happen to the airlines?

I retired as an airline Captain 11 months ago today at age 61, in part due to the C19 craziness. Our pilot association was very pro-jab, and I was made uncomfortable by many pilots (mostly the younger ones) for being unjabbed. Quite a few other pilots retired early for similar reasons, including working at airlines that mandated the jab and wouldn't give any exemptions or made it unreasonably difficult to remain unjabbed. It was very inconvenient for me every day I showed up to work.

There is no way there are enough unjabbed pilots to pair jabbed with unjabbed for each flight. I would guess that 80% or more are jabbed twice at least.

Pilot medical exams are administered by private doctors who are approved by the FAA but who do not work for the FAA. Every AME I went to did a good job of ensuring I was fit to fly. Most also had a strong interest in the pilot's overall health aside from FAA requirements. So, I am confident the docs will be helping pilots evaluate their risks from jabs they've received, if/when it becomes acceptable for docs in general to honestly deal with the subject.

The FAA is a political organization, and the higher you go the more extreme the politics. I do not expect the FAA to admit to any risks from the jabs unless the general public rises up to demand it. I don't believe the media will raise the issue either, as they are solidly cheerleading for Team Blue. It will take multiple scary events or even loss of life before enough attention will be given.

It is possible some kind of medical test or exam could find higher risk conditions related to the jabs. e.g. the white stringy blood clots or the micro-clots which could be observed. If a way to detect higher risk is found, and if the politics allows it, the FAA would add it to the requirements for pilot medical exams. Likely a lot of pilots would fail, which is one reason the issue will be slow-walked.

The financial liability is going to be a huge problem for the airlines that mandated the jabs.

For people like me, I can't imagine they can offer enough to entice pilots back who left the industry. My airline has contacted me a dozen times trying to get me to come back.

I predict the FAA and airlines are going to willfully ignore the issue of sudden death due to jabs as long as possible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fly-Sig,

Posts: 9740 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post