SIGforum
When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9320007564

May 14, 2022, 07:52 AM
bryan11
When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
“How the COVID Tyrants Created a Cycle of Chronic Disease”.

If you’ve never read (or heard of) the book Oryx and Crake” by Margaret Atwood, the basic premise of the book was the world being essentially being taken over by business entities, replacing elected governments. The businesses essentially bleed everyone’s money dry until you die by making the population sick while selling treatments that don’t cure anyone, only treating symptoms and even creating illness with hidden pathogens in their “treatments”. The parallels to what is going on with the pharmaceutical industry is a bit unnerving. Especially with this bullshit “vaccine” business.

Thanks, gearhounds, that book is now on hold at the local library for me. A related non-fiction book that describes how vaccines are developed, tested, and approved is Plague of Corruption by Dr. Judy Mikovits. It's good for putting together how the entire system works and why.
May 14, 2022, 09:03 AM
parabellum
Razz

May 14, 2022, 09:14 AM
^^^^^ Tapper telling the truth? Satan must be looking for his winter jacket.

Q

May 14, 2022, 09:26 AM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^^^ Tapper telling the truth?

He seems to do that every now and then.

He does appear to be the best of the bunch there at CNN, which is really just damning with faint praise I suppose.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
May 16, 2022, 08:03 AM
chellim1
Follow the science...

Nonprofit watchdog group Open the Books released a blockbuster report last week about undisclosed royalty payments paid to NIH scientists during the pandemic. National Review discussed the report in an article headlined, “Did Anthony Fauci & Francis Collins Receive Royalty Payments From Drug Companies?”

This is going to shock you. You better set the phone down. Apparently, and I am not making this up, NIH scientists — including ones that don’t actually do any research like Francis Collins and beagle-beater Tony Fauci — have figured out how to exploit a loophole in the law to accept bribes, sorry, I mean kickbacks, whoops, I mean totally legitimate above-board royalty payments, in the rare cases where they are “co-inventors” of a profitable product. Or just a product. Or just a study.

So it turns out the NIH scientists — including their bosses and administrators that don’t research or actually DO science — are all freaking brilliant, every one of them. It’s not just rare cases, not at all. They invent (co-invent) amazing new products ALL THE TIME! And without hardly any effort, apparently. These NIH brainiacs are inventing wizards. So it’s only fair that they earn hundreds of millions of dollars.

But the best part is where the royalty money comes from. You! Haha, you suckers. You fell for it again. Here’s what Open the Books says about the cash revolver they have over at the NIH:

Last year, the National Institutes of Health – Anthony Fauci’s employer – doled out $30 billion in government grants to roughly 56,000 recipients. … However, … we [also] found hundreds of millions of dollars in payments also flow the other way. These are royalty payments from third-party payers (think pharmaceutical companies) back to the NIH and individual NIH scientists … between fiscal years 2010 and 2020, more than $350 million in royalties were paid by third-parties to the agency and NIH scientists – who are credited as co-inventors.

See how it works? Imagine you’re a scientist. NIH gives you a giant grant. Then you take part of that grant money and you wash it off and then pay it back to NIH as a royalty. It’s so simple. And, how dare you suspect that anyone’s motives might not be pure as the liquid in that vaccine vial that I set down behind you while you weren’t looking.

Open the Books says during the pandemic, Fauci got TWENTY-THREE separate “royalty payments” and his boss, Collins, got fourteen. But guess what? The NIH refuses to disclose the AMOUNT of the royalties or WHO PAID THEM, citing “personal privacy” or something. Could the payors have included Pfizer or Moderna, for example? Could NIH scientists, including Fauci, be receiving co-inventor royalty payments for the COVID DRUGS?

The most transparent administration in history.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...22eksbJf4Yr0V4mo&s=r

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
May 16, 2022, 08:46 AM
wcb6092
Chicago Approves Guaranteed Basic Income Pilot Project paid for with covid relief funds

https://iecam.illinois.edu/new...income-pilot-project

April 2022 update: Applications open on Monday, April 25 for the Chicago Resilient Communities Pilot, a guaranteed basic income program.

February 2022 update: The City of Chicago Department of Familiy and Support Services has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) seeking proposals from agencies who can act as a lead agency to fulfill the outreach and recruitment function for the Chicago Resilient Communities Monthly Cash Assistance Pilot. The applications are due on February 18.

The Chicago City Council has passed a 2022 budget that includes a guaranteed basic income pilot program. This program will provide 5,000 Chicago households with $500 a month for a year. The program’s funding comes from $2 billion in COVID-19 relief money allocated to Chicago via the American Rescue Plan. This program, one of the nation’s largest, aims to relieve financial burdens on families hard-hit by COVID-19.

Read more about the pilot program in these articles from Business Insider, the Black Wall Street Times, and NPR/Illinois Public Media.

Learn more about research on guaranteed income from the Center for Guaranteed Income Research at the University of Pennsylvania.

May 17, 2022, 10:05 AM
wcb6092
Key NIH Research Executive Received 70 Secret Royalty Payments; Colleague Got 7

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...GnaWKOSULCkZ1YUY7YnL

Two key National Institutes for Health (NIH) executives in positions of influence on decisions about who gets grants from the agency received a total of 77 previously undisclosed royalty payments from outside firms between 2010 and 2014.

The secret royalty payments, which were first reported by The Epoch Times, are among thousands estimated to total at least $350 million paid between 2010 and 2020. Long-time NIH Director Francis Collins received 14 payments, Anthony Fauci, who heads NIH’s National Institute for Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), received 23, and Clifford Lane, Fauci’s chief deputy, got eight payments.

Acting NIH Director Lawrence Tabak conceded during questioning last week by Rep. John Moolenaar (R-Mich.) that the undisclosed royalties have the “appearance of a conflict of interest,” but he insisted that the agency has sufficient internal safeguards to prevent such problems. Federal law and ethics regulations bar federal employees from activities that present either the appearance or an actual conflict of interest.

Dr. Michael Gottesman has been the NIH’s deputy director for intramural research (DDIR) since 1994. According to his official resume on the NIH website, Gottesman “coordinates activities and facilitates cooperation among the 24 Institute- and Center-based Scientific Directors to achieve the scientific, training, and public health missions of the NIH Intramural Research Program.

“He provides guidance for the entire intramural program and reports to [Acting NIH Director Lawrence Tabak]. He oversees and ultimately approves the hiring of all NIH principal investigators, and he is the institutional official responsible for human subjects research protections, research integrity, technology transfer, and animal care and use at the NIH.

“During his tenure as DDIR, Dr. Gottesman has created the post-baccalaureate training program, the Graduate Partnerships Program (which permits graduate students to conduct thesis research at NIH); implemented loan repayment programs; institutionalized an intramural tenure track and new career tracks for clinical investigators; created the NIH Intramural Database (providing online information about all researchers and research at NIH); and spearheaded multiple other programs in the realm of diversity, equity, research integrity, and leadership.”

Gottesman announced in July 2021 his resignation from the DDIR position, pending the selection of his successor. He plans to remain as Chief of the Laboratory of Cell Biology in the NIH’s National Cancer Institute after his DDIR successor is chosen.

Gottesman received 70 royalty payments during the five-year period from 2010 to 2014, according to documents recently obtained by the non-profit government watchdog Open the Books (OTB) as a result of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for extensive data on all payments from 2o10 to the present.

Open the Books is a Chicago-based nonprofit government watchdog that uses the federal and state freedom of information laws to obtain and then post on the internet trillions of dollars in spending at all levels of government.

The NIH initially ignored the OTB request until the non-profit filed a FOIA lawsuit in federal court. At that point, the NIH agreed to begin producing the requested documents in a series of monthly tranches.

But who paid the 70 royalties to Gottesman, the amounts of the payments, and for what purpose the payments were made cannot be known as the NIH is redacting payment amounts and the identities of the payers from the documents the agency is providing to OTB as a result of the FOIA.

The Epoch Times has requested from NIH the names of the payers of the 70 payments to Gottesman, the amounts of each payment, and the purpose for which the payment was made. No response has been received from NIH.

An additional seven royalty payments of unknown amounts and identities were made to Roger Glass, the NIH’s Associate Director for International Research. Glass was appointed to the post in 2006.

Congressional Democrats, including Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Chairwoman Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Rep. Frank Pallone (D-N.J.), were silent when asked last week by The Epoch Times about the secret royalty payments.

Republicans on Capitol Hill, however, ripped the payments as an obvious conflict of interest and called for full disclosure of all the facts.

“NIH receives tens of billions of taxpayer dollars and is entrusted with making unbiased scientific assessments and recommendations,” Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) told The Epoch Times. “Their top officials, like any public officials, need to be held to the highest standards of transparency and accountability to prevent conflicts of interest and ensure the American people’s health and safety remains the agency’s top priority. The NIH must be held accountable to the American people.”

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) called the NIH “a dark money pit. They covered up grants for gain-of-function research in Wuhan, so it is no surprise that they are now refusing to release critical data regarding allegations of millions in royalty fees paid to in-house scientists like Fauci. If the NIH wants to keep spending taxpayer dollars, they have a responsibility to provide transparency.”

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said, “This report is disturbing and if it is true that some of our country’s top scientists have conflict of interest problems, the American people deserve to have all the answers.”

Rep. Greg Steube (R-Fla.) called for an investigation, noting, “Of course it’s a direct conflict of interest for scientists like Anthony Fauci to rake in $350 million in royalties from third parties who benefit from federal taxpayer-funded grants.

“Anthony Fauci is a millionaire that has gotten rich off taxpayer dollars. He is a prime example of the bloated federal bureaucracy. This royalty system should be examined to ensure it isn’t making matters worse.”

May 17, 2022, 11:15 AM
chellim1
Well, I've never been tested for Covid but I have to take a Covid test tomorrow. Wish me luck.
I'll be up all night cramming... Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor
May 17, 2022, 11:23 AM
marksman41
Remember, "When in doubt, Charlie-out" if it's multiple choice. Smile

May 17, 2022, 11:29 AM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Remember, "When in doubt, Charlie-out" if it's multiple choice. Smile

Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
May 17, 2022, 12:42 PM
2PAK
Last Wednesday started going downhill, felt like a cold or flu. My head felt like a balloon. By Friday, I knew I was not going to shoot a match Saturday or travel to Eastern Washington Sunday. Whatever I had, was kicking me to the curb. Yesterday, my daughter (a RN) who had visited us last us week performed a Rapid Antigen test on herself with positive results. She later went and had a PCR test performed. Results back today, positive for COVID. Yesterday my wife I tested ourselves with the Rapid test and both of us came back positive. I'm waiting for the PCR to return. In any case, this appears to be lasting a good two weeks and we remain home isolating from the public. I'm very tired and lethargic.
May 17, 2022, 01:42 PM
Leemur
I had my FM radio on in the truck yesterday while taking a lunch break. Local news was frantically reporting a “huge” uptick of cases in VA. Next commercial break was a public service announcement pushing people to get vaccinated and boostered. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leemur,
May 17, 2022, 07:27 PM
parabellum
Time to pay the piper

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
May 17, 2022, 07:44 PM
recoatlift
Amen!
May 18, 2022, 07:01 AM
gearhounds
The democRATs absolutely OWN the plandemic debacle. We can only hope that we can watchdog the voting process in both the midterm and upcoming presidential election so they don’t steal again.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
May 18, 2022, 01:25 PM
chellim1
Rapid NAAT Tested for: SARS-CoV-2: Result: Negative.

Good! Now I can travel to West Point tomorrow for my nephew's graduation.

-rduckwor
May 19, 2022, 07:52 AM
chellim1
Getting ready to get on a plane heading into New York which is in “high” covid territory but first a quick post:

Covid cases are increasing across the US. The New York Times ran a story yesterday headlined, “Biden’s Health Officials Warn Of A Substantial Increase In Coronavirus Cases.” (Why do they put always Biden’s name in the headline? He probably doesn’t even know what day it is.)

Anyway, the CDC reported that a third of the US is now in “high” covid territory, and encouraged local officials to re-order indoor mask mandates. No thanks. After reporting THAT unpleasant fact, the Times noted “The warnings from Dr. Walensky and other federal health officials seemed somewhat at odds with [Joe] Biden’s own stance…Mr. Biden no longer wears a mask in most settings.”

How about that.

Take a look at the Times’ covid maps. Is it just me, or do the higher covid areas seem to basically track with higher vaccination rate areas? Check out these two charts from the Times’ interactive covid tracker:

Covid:

Vaccinations:

(Well, you'll have to click the link below to see the maps. Too large to post here.)

Also, Chicago public health data shows covid infections in vaccinated 5-11 year-old kids is significantly higher than infections in unvaccinated kids.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...l23obvgqGFV2xsdw&s=r

-rduckwor
May 19, 2022, 08:06 AM
parabellum
The fake pandemic is soooo 2021. Roll Eyes

I don't believe the data shown on any "COVID-tracking maps".

When I go out, the people I see wearing masks make up less than 5 percent; one in twenty- yeah, that seems about right. For the sane people among us, this crap is a thing of the past. For some people, it's now part of their world.

When I see a person wearing a mask these days, I have an urge to ask them if they plan to ever take it off, but I don't do so, of course. It's their business if they want to walk around looking like a scared soul who swallowed the propaganda whole.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
May 19, 2022, 08:15 AM
chellim1
^^^ Yep, same here in MO. No one wears a mask anymore. Few people want a "booster". They are throwing them away by the thousands.
But I'm hearing things are different in NY. Paranoid. Delusional... swallowed the propaganda whole.

-rduckwor
May 19, 2022, 08:20 AM
MikeinNC
The only ones wearing a mask here in Central Tx are the really really old and the Cali imports….even the usual liberal college kids don’t wear them.

For the old, I get it-just like Frankenstein’s monster- they just want to live.

But the others, well, I t’s natures way to let you know to steer clear of them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker