SIGforum
Dumped "Verizon" picked up "T-Mobile"...........couldn't be.......

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9310020294

May 13, 2022, 07:59 PM
skywag
Dumped "Verizon" picked up "T-Mobile"...........couldn't be.......
...............Happier.

Much less expensive
All the data all the time
$500 off each of my wife's and my Pixel 6 phones........made them $99 each
5G

To hell with Verizon and their precious data, even with the "vet" discount.
May 13, 2022, 08:06 PM
parabellum
Yeah, my wife and I did that and we, too, are happy. Unlimited data, lower monthly bills, better customer service.
May 13, 2022, 08:09 PM
Paten
Yeah, it's great when you're making the switch. After 20 years though, I don't get those same deals on phones when upgrading.
May 13, 2022, 09:45 PM
skywag
We bought the phones in Pheonix and drove to Chehalis and never had a time without data.

The ONLY downside is that they included a free subscription to Netflix. I would never watch that WOKE BS.....NEVER.
May 13, 2022, 10:05 PM
Pipe Smoker
T-Mobile 5G is pretty impressive. A couple of recent Speedtest reports using my iPhone 12 Pro:
Down Up
Mbps Mbps
514 38.9
492 19.4

And a T-Mobile store is adjacent to the Shake Shack where I have lunch twice a week!

Serious about crackers
May 13, 2022, 10:55 PM
LBTRS
quote:
Originally posted by skywag:
We bought the phones in Pheonix and drove to Chehalis and never had a time without data.

The ONLY downside is that they included a free subscription to Netflix. I would never watch that WOKE BS.....NEVER.

We did that also and are happy. You get access to apple TV and paramount+ networks for a year I think with T Mobile. Watched some decent TV on those so that was a pleasant surprise with the switch.

May 14, 2022, 12:45 AM
airbubba
after 20+ years with verizon, left for xfinity mobile 2 years ago.
May 14, 2022, 01:03 AM
Rey HRH
I went from AT&T to T-Mobile for the price. But it's spotty where I moved. There are a lot of dead spots with no where I regularly go to.

I'd consider switching if I could find a service with better coverage. I tried asking people but it was indeterminate.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
May 14, 2022, 07:51 AM
Flash-LB
I went from Verizon (20+ years) to AT&T 2 years ago. Got lied to several times by AT&T, rates raised, a few other bitches but access is good anywhere I go.

I'll be going back to Verizon at the end of this year.
May 14, 2022, 08:49 AM
parabellum
quote:
Believe me, I understand your feelings about Netflix, but you're looking at this the wrong way.

T-Mobile has already paid the subscription fee for all of it customers. Netflix gets nothing from you one way or the other, and you don't have a say in the matter. So, you can use their bandwidth, and though it's a drop in the ocean, your are using their resources.

As to content- did you know that right now on Netflix, you can watch Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now: Redux, Dirty Harry, The Guns of Navarone, The Professionals, The Long Riders, Taxi Driver, The Irishman, Wind River, Hell or High Water and more?

You can also go into their LGBTQIA+%&*#ZX-47 section and give a thumbs down to everything. Razz

As a customer, you can also email them. Imagine the possibilities. Wink
May 14, 2022, 09:06 AM
NavyGuy
quote:

You don't have to sign up for it if you feel so strongly. No skin off of
T Mobile, and everything stays the same for you. I will say though, there is some worthwhile content to be found, and no one makes you watch the programing that seems objectional to you. Just click on by.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
May 14, 2022, 09:18 AM
ChicagoSigMan
I'm on Verizon. I looked at TMobile and don't see the savings. I pay $58 a month all in (taxes, fees, etc) with Verizon. I get slightly less 5G data on Verizon than the TMobile plans but it's more than I've ever actually used.

What plans are you guys getting that are so cheap?
May 14, 2022, 09:27 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

I'm on Verizon . . . What plans are you guys getting that are so cheap?
If you have Spectrum internet service, you are eligible for low-cost Spectrum mobile service. Spectrum mobile rides on the Verizon network.

My wife and I use very little data, so our monthly billing for three cell phones is $42.00 total ($14 / phone), INCLUDING all taxes and junk fees.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 14, 2022, 10:34 AM
gpbst3
quote:
I'm on Verizon. I looked at TMobile and don't see the savings. I pay $58 a month all in (taxes, fees, etc) with Verizon. I get slightly less 5G data on Verizon than the TMobile plans but it's more than I've ever actually used.

Do you have a single phone line? If so those are not the best for discounts.

Tmobile has a military/first responder plan. I pay $90 all in for 3 phone lines.

A volunteer fireman friend switch to tmobile and got four iphone 13s free and pays $100 a month.

May 14, 2022, 12:17 PM
bryan11
quote:

US Mobile: Three lines on a 2GB pooled plan for $32/month. Extra data is $2 per GB if needed. No issues in over a year.
May 14, 2022, 12:56 PM
BucFan
We did the same a couple of months ago. We recently moved and Verizon surprisingly didn't work well in our area and we made the switch and the service is much better.

They paid off the remaining balance on our phones through reimbursement and switched it over to T-Mobile network easily, since from what I was told, phones through Verizon are already unlocked.

If you are in an area where you see the icon 5G UC, run a speed test and it should reach speeds of 400-500mbps! Amazingly fast speeds for cell network.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40
May 14, 2022, 12:58 PM
clang
Another good thing about T-Mobile is they have a plan for military and vets. I get 5 unlimited lines for $113/month. I've had it for some time now and I don't know what the going rate is.

I bought my own phones. I don't mind phones that are a couple of generations old, so buying directly from Samsung and Apple is the way to go. BTW - you can get a military discount from them too.
May 14, 2022, 01:06 PM
cobre sig
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Believe me, I understand your feelings about Netflix, but you're looking at this the wrong way.

T-Mobile has already paid the subscription fee for all of it customers. Netflix gets nothing from you one way or the other, and you don't have a say in the matter. So, you can use their bandwidth, and though it's a drop in the ocean, your are using their resources.

As to content- did you know that right now on Netflix, you can watch Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now: Redux, Dirty Harry, The Guns of Navarone, The Professionals, The Long Riders, Taxi Driver, The Irishman, Wind River, Hell or High Water and more?

You can also go into their LGBTQIA+%&*#ZX-47 section and give a thumbs down to everything. Razz

As a customer, you can also email them. Imagine the possibilities. Wink

Netflix also recently told their employees that they will be showing content that they won't agree with, if they don't like it they can go work somewhere else. At times I think we are finally making a difference in curbing the woke culture.
Currently have Verizon until August, more than likely I will switch to T-Mobile. I'll take the free Netflix.
May 14, 2022, 01:26 PM
Verizon has to be one of the worst when it comes to customer satisfaction. I am on T-Mobile for $16/month.

Verizon uses contractors to do most of their work around here. They will trespass on your property when installing cable.

In one incident, they ran the cable from the box in front of my property to the neighbors house. Instead of going 300 feet down the road and 900 feet up the neighbors driveway, they went across my property through the woods to the neighbors house. If I had come along several days later, the cable would have been entrenched in the ground.

May 14, 2022, 01:31 PM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by clang:
Another good thing about T-Mobile is they have a plan for military and vets.

So does Verizon and AT&T. Others might also.