SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are soundbars worth buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are soundbars worth buying? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I returned my Soundbar when the technician could not get it to work properly. He spent hours trying different things, finally suggesting I return it. I can live with the TV speakers for now.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out for you Mark.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alexashik
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I have soundbars on both of my TVs. Much better sound and both have the wireless subwoofers. Both match the TV manufacturer (LG and Samsung), and I prefer the LG as it's on the same frequency as the TV so one button turns on/off both. I also use both as bluetooth speakers for my iPhone.

The best improvement was my Dad's Vizio. His speakers were on the rear of the TV and it was loud if you were at an angle to the TV but not if you were directly in line with the TV. Even worse, the office/computer room right behind the TV it was louder coming through the drywall than it was in the TV room. I bought my Dad a Vizio sound bar with wireless subwoofers, and the sound is much clearer and best of all it's quieter throughout the house.

I like soundbars, especially in an area where you may not put in a full sound system (like a master bedroom) or just don't want to spend the money and time to install a surround system (couple of connections and the soundbar is done.) As stated they are much better than the TV speakers.

Posts: 2 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Our tv is in a cabinet. We finally sprung for a RCA at WM for $40 some dollars. Definitely helped. Wink

Got my wife's inlaw's one last weekend and installed it. It was around $80. They liked it. So yeah, they do help.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post