SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    McDaniel wins fourth term as RNC chairwoman
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McDaniel wins fourth term as RNC chairwoman Login/Join 
posted
So nothing changes.

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

The Republican National Committee chair election took place on Friday between incumbent Ronna McDaniel, election lawyer Harmeet Dhillon and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, with McDaniel being declared winner after receiving 111 votes out of 167.

The election occurred via secret ballot in Dana Point, Calif., with 167 RNC members casting their votes for who the next chair to serve a two-year term. One voter's ballot wasn't cast, as there are 168 RNC members. The winning candidate needed the majority of votes to obtain the chairmanship, which was 84.

Dhillon received 51 votes, Lindell got 4, and former Rep. Lee Zeldin, who was not nominated for the RNC chair race, received a vote.

The RNC chair will oversee the 2024 presidential election cycle.

McDaniel and Dhillon emerged as the frontrunners in the RNC race.

McDaniel faced calls to step down after losing the House of Representatives in 2018, both chambers of Congress and the White House in 2020, and far underperforming expectations in 2022 by winning only a slim majority in the House while failing to regain the Senate.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
So nothing changes. RONNA ROMNEY MCDANIEL

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

The Republican National Committee chair election took place on Friday between incumbent Ronna McDaniel, election lawyer Harmeet Dhillon and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, with McDaniel being declared winner after receiving 111 votes out of 167.

The election occurred via secret ballot in Dana Point, Calif., with 167 RNC members casting their votes for who the next chair to serve a two-year term. One voter's ballot wasn't cast, as there are 168 RNC members. The winning candidate needed the majority of votes to obtain the chairmanship, which was 84.

Dhillon received 51 votes, Lindell got 4, and former Rep. Lee Zeldin, who was not nominated for the RNC chair race, received a vote.

The RNC chair will oversee the 2024 presidential election cycle.

McDaniel and Dhillon emerged as the frontrunners in the RNC race.

McDaniel faced calls to step down after losing the House of Representatives in 2018, both chambers of Congress and the White House in 2020, and far underperforming expectations in 2022 by winning only a slim majority in the House while failing to regain the Senate.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

It's a shame...
She didn't have the guts to show for the debate.

John Fredericks: Ronna McDaniel LIED About Not Receiving RNC Chair Debate Invitation

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
The Stupid Party maintains its unparalleled record of losses.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
That’s extremely disappointing

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Most organizations, once they meet their original stated goal, go on to exist solely to continue their existence. NAACP, most unions, and the Republican National Convention all spring to mind.

Shit, it wouldn’t surprise me to find that there are pro-sufferage non-profits still around, still taking donations.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most organizations, once they meet their original stated goal, go on to exist solely to continue their existence.

The RNC wants money, the DNC wants power. The RNC uses power to get money, the DNC uses money to get power. The ideology of the DNC drives their donor contributions, whereas the donor contributions to the RNC drives their ideology. This outlook explains the subtle difference between the two wings of the UniParty and also explains why Republicans have no ideological goals.

https://theconservativetreehou...-1-vote/#more-242677

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Republicans confrontR bitter divide; no clear path forward

Re-elected Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel holds a gavel while speaking at the committee's winter meeting in Dana Point, Calif., Friday, Jan. 27, 2023. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)
ASSOCIATED PRESS

DANA POINT, Calif. (AP) — Ronna McDaniel has become the longest serving leader of the Republican National Committee since the Civil War. But now, she must confront a modern-day civil war within the GOP.

Frustrated Republicans from state capitals to Capitol Hill to the luxury Southern California hotel where RNC members gathered this week are at odds over how to reverse six years of election disappointments. And while there are many strong feelings, there is no consensus even among the fighting factions about the people, policies or political tactics they should embrace.

On one side: a growing number of elected officials eager to move beyond the divisive politics and personality of former President Donald Trump despite having no clear alternative. And on the other: the GOP's vocal “Make America Great Again” wing, which has no cohesive agenda yet is quick to attack the status quo in both parties.

“It will be extraordinarily difficult, if not near impossible, for Ronna McDaniel to put the pieces back together,” said Republican fundraiser Caroline Wren, a leading voice in the coalition of far-right activists, conservative media leaders and local elected officials across the country who fought and failed to defeat McDaniel. “These people are not just going to forget.”

Indeed, as RNC members packed up from the Waldorf Astoria ballroom Friday, there was broad agreement that McDaniel's reelection alone would do little to heal the gaping divide that plagues their party, even as she celebrated a notably decisive reelection victory.

Trump quickly congratulated McDaniel on his social media platform after privately helping her campaign. But conservative activist Charlie Kirk, a Trump loyalist, likened McDaniel's successful reelection to a “middle finger” for the GOP's grassroots who demanded change at the institution that leads the party's political activities.

“The country club won today,” Kirk said from the back of the Waldorf Astoria ballroom where RNC members from across the country voted to give McDaniel another two-year term. “So, the grassroots of people that can’t afford to buy a steak and are struggling to make ends meet, they just got told by their representatives at an opulent $900-a-night hotel that, ‘We hate you.’”

https://news.yahoo.com/republi...de-no-051507906.html

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
I guess they won't be getting me to answer their robocalls for more money for a while longer.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Most incompetent president in history, and under the leadership of McDaniel we couldn't take both the house and senate. Just shows that the majority are swamp creatures and the old addage of politicians' priorities is true (#1: getting elected, #2: getting re-elected, Distant 3rd: everything else).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike Lindell lives on my TV. He never leaves always talking about his fine Gaza sheets. Hoping he would win and find something else to do. Haley Barbour was an excellent RNC chair

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
For Conservatives Who Feel They Do Not Have a Voice

Well, it happened. Ronna McDaniel, despite her myriad of failures, has won re-election for Republican National Committee Chair. It was not a surprising result given the fact that she had already garnered the level of support needed to retain her position.

Despite her poor performance in the captain’s seat, McDaniel is now the longest-serving party chair in history, further demonstrating that the GOP is not a meritocracy. This development comes as House Speaker Kevin McCarthy is holding the gavel and Sen. Mitch McConnell maintains his position in the Senate.

These must be the only careers where you can perform horribly and still retain your position.

McLeadership has won bigly while you, conservative voter, have suffered the latest in a series of defeats. To put it simply, the Republican Party is not going to change anytime soon – if ever.

After all, why should they?

The GOP has treated you in the same way Democrats have treated black voters for decades. They take you for granted because they know they can. The leadership of the party knows they can make soaring promises to enact a conservative agenda when they are in Washington, without actually having to follow through.

These feckless charlatans know you will vote for them no matter how badly they insult your intelligence. They know you will send them your hard-earned money, even as they help Democrats expand the government.

In fact, let me pose a question to you, dear reader. When was the last time Republicans scaled back the federal government in a meaningful way?

Can you think of any legislation or other such measure that made the government less powerful or intrusive? I can’t.

Sure, they cut some taxes here and there. But other than that – they have absolutely nothing to show for the power we have granted them, election after election. Indeed, they have treated you with nothing but contempt.

TPUSA founder Charlie Kirk posted a tweet giving a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how these elitists view you:

Over the past century, the party has held control of the White House and Congress multiple times, and has done little to nothing to roll back the state. Indeed, there has not been a significant difference between Republicans and Democrats when it comes to inflating the government

Now, our federal government has swelled into a bloated behemoth infected with unelected officials figuring out new and innovative ways to infringe on our liberties and enrich their elitist pals. I hate to say it, but the idea of the “uniparty” is real, and has been for decades.

Many on the right have recognized this – especially after the outcomes of the 2022 midterm elections. Some have realized that just because Republicans win doesn’t mean that you win.

It is for this reason that I finally became fed up in December and decided to jump ship and focus on liberty instead of party. The GOP machine cares nothing for protecting our rights or shrinking the government. I am not the only one who realized this – I have heard from many Republican voters who tell me they are done voting for and donating to the Republican Party.

One such individual sent me a direct message on Twitter to tell me that he is “done with both parties,” and that “neither of those criminal factions will ever receive my vote again.”

Other conservatives told me they feel they are left without a voice. They see that voting for Republicans – especially at the federal level – is a useless exercise. Since they definitely won’t pull the lever for a Democrat, they feel they are powerless to stop the growth of an increasingly tyrannical state.

But I do believe there is an option. Our local governments, which have much more of an impact on our lives than the state and federal levels, have not become as hopelessly corrupt as the national government.

Earlier, I wrote about how the Mises Caucus, a Libertarian group, is launching the Decentralized Revolution campaign designed to focus on boosting authentically liberty-focused candidates for positions like mayor, city council, sheriff, judge, and others.

My focus is liberty over party – meaning that I don’t care what letter is next to someone’s name, as long as I know their aim is to pass liberty-focused policies and to resist the overreach of the state and federal governments. I will support any Libertarian, Independent, or Republican candidate at the local level who is serious about safeguarding liberty.

An example can be seen in my interview with Sheriff Mark Lamb of Pinal County, Arizona, who refused to enforce onerous COVID-19 restrictions supported by the White House and enacted by Republican Gov. Doug Ducey.

https://redstate.com/jeffc/202...have-a-voice-n694932

-rduckwor

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
More “snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory” for the R’s, I guess. JSMH… Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Her maiden name is Romney. (His niece, IIRC.) Explains a lot.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Her maiden name is Romney. (His niece, IIRC.) Explains a lot.

Yup. And faced with choosing a different way to get a different outcome, the RNC chose to do the same thing; Yeah, maybe this time the results will be different.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results. She's a three time loser. Do I hear four?

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
<snip>

I credit Biden’s “student loan forgiveness” vote buying scheme for the poor 2022 Republican House and Senate results.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I guess the next election will go like the last.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
McRNC McRepublican McLeadership.

Scottish conspiracy? Wink

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post