SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Idiots in Cars (YouTube channel)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idiots in Cars (YouTube channel) Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
I've been following this channel for a few weeks. It's a bunch of people doing boneheaded stuff, though it's usually fairly benign. The video uploaded today, however, has three particularly crazy accidents that make me truly wonder about people's sanity. My favorite is the second clip:

https://youtu.be/TsXZj2DMkmU

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I believe one of the clips (the last one I think) is of the nurse who killed 5 people including kids, just in case someone's watching this with their family.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Those kinds of channels and road rage compilations regularly come up. I watch it to see if I can tell beforehand where the trouble will be coming from.

I find though that about half of the uploaders should have seen it coming or that they're the ones in the wrong and they think they're in the right.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19697 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I usually have this one or similar playing while I work. Some of I seems so obvious, but you're looking for it not living it live.

We were driving back from Austin to Houston yesterday, had a BMW X3 lose it going to opposite direction, cross the median right in front of us & end up off the road on our R shoulder
All 4 occupants uninjured, but the X3 was stuck, combination of highway tires & wet grass.

Looked like something straight out of these videos. 100yds further down the road & he'd have been in the driver's side of our car.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
That last accident, my God. Why the hell were they traveling so fast?

JC

Posts: 1273 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
I believe one of the clips (the last one I think) is of the nurse who killed 5 people including kids, just in case someone's watching this with their family.

Yes. >100 mph on surface streets.
Haven't heard anything about her level of impairment.

Posts: 1045 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of older people that I've known are afraid of driving on highways, so they take city streets instead. I always tell them that it's the intersections that you should be afraid of. You never know when someone's going to plow through one at 90mph.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3545 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The Dukes of Hazzard attempt at 1:45 was amazing, damn near made it clear....

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I believe the blue mini at 2:15 is Anne Heche just prior to the crash.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 721 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Down the rabbit hole again with these today.

One thing that strikes me, is how many people just drive by a major looking accident. From the short clips, seems not a lot of attempt to stop & render aid or even check if aid is needed.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think twice before stopping at a crash scene. People are already distracted during everyday driving, and even more so approaching a crash. If you do stop, park beyond the crash site, not behind it. Even then it is risky. Call 9-1-1 if you think help is needed.
I investigated the most minor of fender benders that turned fatal when a distracted driver crashed into two disabled vehicles and crushed a woman to death who was standing between the two stopped cars.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The one I referenced above, I was probably 200yds past where they went off the road.
Definitely some situational awareness needed to be sure you're not putting yourself in harm's way as well.

Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
"Do you know where the candle supply is?"

Classic.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

Classic.

What the hell did they drive into?

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
We watch that occasionally. The Idiots At Work series is entertaining too.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

Classic.

Only thing I can imagine is very still water on a missing piece of pavement & a big drop-off for a car.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

Classic.

Only thing I can imagine is very still water on a missing piece of pavement & a big drop-off for a car.
I was going to guess somebody took down the guard rails for an old loading dock.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23312 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

Yes. >100 mph on surface streets.
Haven't heard anything about her level of impairment.

She's been charged with 6 counts of murder
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-9-million-bond.html

An ICU nurse has been charged with six counts of murder and five counts of vehicular manslaughter after a fiery 100mph crash left a pregnant mother, her unborn child, one-year-old son and four others dead.

Nicole L. Linton, 37, a nurse from Texas who works in Los Angeles, was charged Monday as she cried in court over the Thursday crash that killed six and left eight others injured. If convicted as charged, she could face up to 90 years in prison.

Police said Linton slammed her car into five other vehicles while driving as fast as 100 mph by an intersection at Windsor Hills.

LA County DA George Gascón revealed during a press conference Monday there was no evidence Linton was under the influence of alcohol during the time of the crash.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I was going to guess somebody took down the guard rails for an old loading dock.

Watching it again, I think you're right.
Just before she falls into it, you can see the incline of the ramp. Eek

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I follow the similar channel Dashcam Lessons. Same sort of content but seems to be less choppy and less accident-centered.

What I learned from that is people with dashcams in many cases are really bad drivers, can't anticipate shit happening in front and around them and surely think their horn works dual purpose as a brake. Oh - and Canadians are the worst! Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12440 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post