SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Holder: Obama is 'ready to roll'
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holder: Obama is 'ready to roll' Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Obamas' nonstop jet-setter vacay continues. Sorry, Sasha.
By Monica Showalter

Continuing on in their new life as rich wastrels mooching off left-wing billionaires, the Obamas have continued their quest for nonstop vacation by posing for pictures on a $300-million luxury yacht owned by Hollywood bigshot David Geffen in Tahiti. The A-listers were there with them: Bruce Springsteen, Tom Hanks, and Oprah Winfrey on their longest of spring breaks on Marlon Brando's hideaway resort. Not exactly a hideaway, given that the Daily Mail has the story and photos.

I suppose they have a right to do it, and if Geffen wants to waste his money this way, no doubt in expectation of a future payoff when the next Democrat is elected, one supposes that this is their prerogative.

What's unseemly is how different it is from the picture they painted of themselves leaving office. President Obama said he intended to stay in Washington for the time being, renting out a luxury house in tony Kalorama – not to continue to politically meddle, he assured, but to ensure that his young daughter Sasha, now a high schooler at the exclusive Sidwell Friends Academy, got as much of a normal childhood as she deserved and could complete her high school without too much family trauma. Get a load of this treacly account here.

Turns out that those needs went by the wayside now that David Geffen's yacht beckoned. The house, it turns out, seems to have been an abode for onetime Obama consigliere Valerie Jarrett, who actually lives and cooks up political meddling plots there.

The other unseemliness is that Obama made a big deal about public service being his post-presidency operating plan, serving others, returning to his community organizer roots, helping mentor young black men. Last December, he vowed to do the work of "My Brother's Keeper" for life. Well, what's that promise compared to David Geffen's yacht?

I couldn't care less if they want to be rich wastrels and get their pictures in the tabloids. But it's impossible not to be disgusted with how they marketed their exit originally to the public as so much selfless service and giving. The only people they are serving are themselves.

http://www.americanthinker.com...ation_continues.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A picture perfect moment! Barack and Michelle Obama pose on billionaire David Geffen's superyacht during day out with Oprah, Bruce Springsteen and Tom Hanks in French Polynesia

The former First Lady posed up a storm as Barack snapped her picture on an iPhone after boarding the vessel on Friday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...i.html#ixzz4eX8JTo8R

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
David Geffen. A really rich guy.

He got his start w the William Morris Agency (WMA) as a talent agent.

Geffen was working in the UCLA mail room. He applied to the WMA. He needed a college degree to get the job.

He did not have a degree. No problem. He said he had graduated from UCLA. He intercepted a letter from UCLA to WMA which stated that he had not graduated from UCLA.

He modified the letter to show that he had attended and graduated, then submitted it to WMA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Geffen

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardokid11:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

Two peas in a pod. Eek

Dumb and even dumber!

Yeah, there's a couple of guys that can really inspire confidence /S

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"...sank suddenly and without a trace. No survivors. Obama family members who rushed to the scene- every blood relative in the family- also appeared to vaporize into thin air and now cannot be located. Authorities are investigating..."

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
As Trump restores our position as the leading force in the world, the Bamster is left wanting ... having been weighed, measured and coming up short.

He just can't stand the sunlight (hence hiding) on his awful legacy and policies from the 500,000 dead in Syria, a failed states of Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, the disasters of NK and Iran, whitewashing the white house visitor logs, the loss of life under the VA, abuse of the Feds/.gov on political opposition (IRS, NSC), .mil ROEs that got people killed and left ordnance unused on 75% of sorites ... (I could do this all day long) - he got nuthin' ...

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
he just can't stand the sunlight on his awful legacy and policies

Huh... you think he cares about the effect of his policies on us the little people?

quote:
he got nuthin' ...

Looks to me like he's got all he wants....

The guy has always been a fraud. A hustler.
He leveraged his racial background into a free ride to Columbia and then Harvard. He used it again to get into the Illinois House where he spied on his opponent and released sealed information to trash him, leveraging that illicit info into a Senate seat.

He gave one decent teleprompter read speech in 2004, he got someone else to write a book for him, and he again leveraged his racial background into the ultimate hustle: He became the President of the United States.

No talent. No money (of his own). Just a con man... and now he gets to party with the jet-set for the rest of his life.

Do you really think he cares what effect he had on the country?
He pulled off the biggest con of all time...

-rduckwor

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ And IMO, for all that he deserves to rot in Hell.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he means, "roll over," once Sessions gets started on Lerner and the rest of the underlings.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Wonder if Geffen decided he could save money on security by inviting the ex-president along. Not only the Secret Service, probably the US Navy near by. Who cares what it costs if you aren't paying?

Oh, and I'm sure the yacht is solar powered...

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:

The former First Lady posed up a storm as Barack snapped her picture on an iPhone after boarding the vessel on Friday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...i.html#ixzz4eX8JTo8R

In the name of all that is holy.....no close-ups please.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Alas, the vessel seems to be located just a bit too far for help from the Sonali pirates...

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

Two peas in a pod inmates in a cell . Eek

FIFY based upon their deeds.

Big Grin Big Grin Looks like they got a tan from breaking rocks. Their day is coming.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Two words.

BRING.

IT.

Ahem, let me change that...

THREE words.

BRING.

IT.

BITCHES.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
As Trump restores our position as the leading force in the world, the Bamster is left wanting ... having been weighed, measured and coming up short.

He just can't stand the sunlight (hence hiding) on his awful legacy and policies from the 500,000 dead in Syria, a failed states of Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, the disasters of NK and Iran, whitewashing the white house visitor logs, the loss of life under the VA, abuse of the Feds/.gov on political opposition (IRS, NSC), .mil ROEs that got people killed and left ordnance unused on 75% of sorites ... (I could do this all day long) - he got nuthin' ...

But, but, but... HE KILLED BIN LADEN!

Yep, HALOed down and pulled the trigger himself he did. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I didn't think it was worth mentioning at the time but I've read things in the not too distant past about both Oprah and Tom Hanks considering running in 2020. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I've seen a few articles like that too.

The point is that the DEM bench is so weak, they may turn to a Hollywood candidate in desperation

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yep. I still remember the "Martin Sheen is my President" bumper stickers from the days when The West Wing was on the air.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Funny enough, I was in an interesting location with relevant people the day after ... I can tell you that I believe Obamalamadingdong didn't do jack shit.

Sycophants talk about how "he risked his political life" ... makin' the call .. uh huh ... riiiiight ... Roll Eyes

I still don't believe that photoshop hack job of him in Situation room either.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Funny enough, I was in an interesting location with relevant people the day after ... I can tell you that I believe Obamalamadingdong didn't do jack shit.

Sycophants talk about how "he risked his political life" ... makin' the call .. uh huh ... riiiiight ... Roll Eyes

I still don't believe that photoshop hack job of him in Situation room either.

I garun damn tee you he risked his political life when Valeried Jarrett made the bin laden call: his political relationship with Islam.

Don't believe the situ room photoshop? I don't believe event the simplest, most mundane detail about his life. He is a complete sham and I wouldn't be surprised if any detail of his contrived public persona is false.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post