SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fats Domino Dead at 89
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fats Domino Dead at 89 Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Fats Domino, the legendary New Orleans singer and piano player who took the '50s and '60s by storm ... is dead.

Domino died in New Orleans, surrounded by friends and family, according to his daughter.

His hits were epic ... "Blueberry Hill," "Ain't That a Shame" and "I'm Walkin'."

Link

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl5hknXqXps

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks. Hope he’s still playing on Blueberry Hill.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I remember those big fingers playin' that piano.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Another legend gone. RIP Fats!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3793 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ain't that a shame.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 543 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9365 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sad news for Wednesday

we are rapidly losing a lot of great talent and I don't see many people that can take their place

my favorite cover of 'Ain't That a Shame' is by Cheap Trick

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53777 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Goodbye to Fats. A life well-lived.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbfMlk1PwGU

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Ricky Nelson made a lot of money covering Domino hits when many radio stations avoided playing black records.

Fats was the original, though.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
One of the all time greats, RIP sir.

Posts: 2405 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
RIP and thanks for the music!

Posts: 6081 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I didn't even know he was still alive.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I just heard that the only person in the 50s who sold more records is Elvis Presley. He sold more records than "Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, and Little Richard combined."

Posts: 13558 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
RIP, Maestro. Other people had to settle classical.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wore out some shoe soles dancing to the fat man's tunes......and enjoyed every minute of it!!! RIP

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The man just flat had class.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
This is one of the most incredible musical performances ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_--JV9gqbrg

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11199 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was GREAT! His arrangements have been praised for decades. Listen to the little instrumental bits in his records, they were the best. God bless Fats, and thank you for your music which I have enjoyed since your first record.

Posts: 71 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
I think I will have a slice of blue berry pie is his honor.

Posts: 5904 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Man, I've liked him since I was a kid in the 50's. He had a way of making singing seem easy.

A sad day.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post