SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Loose Dog Attacked My Dog - PSA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loose Dog Attacked My Dog - PSA Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
I used a G26 on a charging dog while walking my dog (Sheltie) on the street. It is a dangerous thing. you must have 100% control of your dog to be able to shoot. (mine was going crazy) If you think you can, take someone to the range hold out one arm and have someone yank and pull on that arm while you are shooting. But don't shoot at 25 feet shoot at your feet like a foot or 3 feet in front of you or at your side. Don't forget to shoot while on the ground because you can fall down also.

Now the key is not shooting yourself, your dog, the sidewalk (where who knows where a ricochet will go.) the tree, a kid riding his bike, the house you're in front of, and or any airplanes flying by. Make noise yell, make it known what's going on.

I am also not a big proponent of impact weapons. But it will work. Pepper spray sure, kicking I guess but the dog might get even more pissed off and scared.

It happens quick when a dog runs at you and attacks. I was amazed on how fast it happened. The stupid owner where the dog came out must have been simple or something because he never said a word. I yelled several times to get this dog the fuck back. He never said a word, the dog chomped twice at mine, that dog is now a three legged dog.

I have no idea how I hit it in the leg, and didn't shoot my dog.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I had charging dog issues while walking my pup years ago so I took to loading one of my j- frame 38’s with CCI shot shells.
Thankfully the owners got the dog under control and ended up moving soon after and I never had to resort to shooting the charging dog but felt more confident with the shot shells.
The pattern probably wouldn't have opened up that close but felt that a potential mis would have been less damaging then a bullet would have been.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BlackSwift has three models. For use against a dog will they all work?

https://www.blackswiftsticks.com/products.html

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I was attacked by a German Shepard while walking my Malamute. The other dog saw us and charged, crossing the distance (50 yards?) incredibly quickly. My dog was on leash and as the other dog was in the air leaping for me, mine took the other one down.

It happened so quickly there would have been no chance to retrieve a weapon unless it was immediately available. As a result of that event, I generally open carry in a hip holster or in a fanny pack when out on a trail where dogs or wild animals might be. This is a situation where speed is more important than deep concealment.

Posts: 9436 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Laci Szabo's website and look at her martial arts sticks. Light, durable and flexible with the same attributes as Blackswift just less stylish.

Laci is a dude. And not in an “it’s 2023, people can be whatever they want” kinda way. Razz

https://www.linkedin.com/in/laci-szabo-a9225b48

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew Laci is a dude. Just a minor slip there.
The only BlackSwift model I might not buy is the SL model, since it is hollow. The other two models share the same design, just different heads. Mine is the knob style,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post