SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arlo Pro Security Camera Image Quality
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arlo Pro Security Camera Image Quality Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
I have a wireless four-camera Arlo Pro security camera system. I have a 100 mb/sec wifi plan.

Every time I see a news story on TV that shows a home security video, it’s clear as a bell. The images with my Arlo system are substantially lower quality, even if my video settings are at the high quality level.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure of what your issue is. All I can say is the image quality on my Arlo Pro cameras is certainly acceptable, even after I changed the battery life setting to maximum.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Might be a faulty piece of equipment, I'd give them a call.

The system were set for my grandmother is clear, both day and night.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23446 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Are you comparing Arlo Pro to Arlo Pro 2 cameras??
Arlo Pro is 720p
Arlo Pro 2 is 1080p

Getting ready to order a system for my mother for Christmas. The in-laws recent got a system and I am super impressed with the quality and ease of use.
Ease of use is what my mom needs so that is why I am going with it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Security cams like any other camera is all about the physics of light.
Not know the scene and lighting it is hard to say but it is always possible that there can be a hardware malfunction.
IP resolution has less to do with that the lighting conditions.
Also take the shipping plastic off the lens too. Razz

FWIW, Arlo picture quality under normal circumstances is adequate.
A plus for the Arlo series is the ease of setup but a miss on some functionality as well as battery issues/life.
YMMV

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post