SIGforum
Tim Curry (actor) has passed away

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9250049125

August 26, 2026, 11:57 AM
Rightwire
Tim Curry (actor) has passed away
Tim Curry, who soared to fame in the ‘70s as the flamboyant star of the campy horror movie stage spoof “The Rocky Horror Show” and its screen version “The Rocky Horror Picture Show,” died on Tuesday in Los Angeles. He was 80.

Curry’s longtime manager, Marcia Hurwitz, confirmed to Variety that Curry died peacefully at his Toluca Lake home. A cause was not immediately available, though Curry had suffered from several health issues since having a severe stroke in 2012.






Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
August 26, 2026, 12:03 PM
Hound Dog
He was an AMAZING actor. Loved him in Clue and Muppet Treasure Island.

Only bad role I saw him in was Congo, but that was just a crap movie.



Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher
August 26, 2026, 12:44 PM
Schmelby
He was great in Clue!! I watch it at least once a year.
August 26, 2026, 12:55 PM
rat2306
"Muppet Treasure Island" was great. It's been a rough few days for folks leaving us: Dolly Parton, Shelley Fabares, and now Tim.
August 26, 2026, 02:13 PM
83v45magna
Many people have forgotten he played a role in this:


August 26, 2026, 02:16 PM
oddball




"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
August 26, 2026, 04:23 PM
Oat_Action_Man
Damn!

His voice acting work in the Gabriel Knight video games back in the 90s was such a memorable part of my teen years!


----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
August 26, 2026, 08:14 PM
XinTX
I still remember this one




_______________________
“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul
August 26, 2026, 08:17 PM
Bassamatic
He was a gifted actor and not a bad singer. My favorite movie of his was Annie.



.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.
August 27, 2026, 06:44 AM
badguybuster
Great character


"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"
August 27, 2026, 08:15 PM
corsair
Did not know he was such a prolific voice actor for various cartoons and shows
August 27, 2026, 09:24 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Many people have forgotten he played a role in this:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1MstHgdGjqs?si=jjE1Bs2Qtcr3ky4e" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]


my first thought beyond RHPS,

I will admit to not seeing RHPS, all the way thru

never did,
seen Hunt for Red Oct more than I can remember



https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/
August 29, 2026, 08:52 AM
FenderBender
his best role, was from a PC game.




_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
August 29, 2026, 09:44 AM
oddball
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
I will admit to not seeing RHPS, all the way thru


I remember seeing it only once, in my senior year of high school in the late 70s at a midnight Saturday showing at an art house in my town, a buddy and I were a bit drunk after a party and decided to see what the big deal was all about. We literally had no clue what the film was about and our entrance into the theater was perfect timing- the house lights were out and the beginning credits were rolling, red text with a black background. And a little while later, the house lights turn on, and audience members wearing weird costumes were dancing and singing, etc. Then lights go out, and the same happens repeatedly throughout the showing, people acting out scenes. We were stunned, we had no idea this was going to happen, and we had no idea the movie was a tranny musical.



"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965