SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quick Corn on the Cob
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick Corn on the Cob Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Never heard of such a thing.

Will give it a go next time I get some fresh.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Added to grocery shopping list.

Posts: 11858 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do my corn on the grill, how does it compare taste wise? I do remember seeing this video and have used this shucking method ever since, so easy!!

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's not as good as grilled corn or corn roasted in the oven, but it ain't bad and it's quick and easy.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15486 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried this last night. It works. Three minutes was the right amount of time on our microwave.

Posts: 923 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this Jim. I've done this the last couple years after seeing your threads, and can't imagine bothering with doing corn on the cob any other way (except for huge party amounts). Just SO frigging easy, and comes out perfect!

Posts: 1703 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I just happen to have some local sweet corn in the hose. I usually grill it but have to try this tomorrow.

Posts: 3462 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
This has been helpful to me since it was posted a few years ago. Thank you, Jim, is right.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
3 minutes per ear.

And four minutes per beer. Big Grin

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Getting 8 dozen ears tomorrow from a friend who grows it in Ohio. This year it’s all white so I’m really looking forward to it. He use to deliver some of our product to us for our distribution business when he drove semi. We formed a friendship over the years. I gave him pulled pork he brought me sweet corn from his farm. Now he is retired and so am I but him and his wife are driving up for a visit and some eats. Good times ahead!

I steam corn for 7 minutes exactly. Absolute heaven every time. Husking corn is a tradition around here. What we don’t eat right off gets milked,cut off the cob vac sealed and frozen. Nothing like fresh sweet corn on a Minnesota cold winter day!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8535 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To do two ears at once, just cook for six minutes?

Posts: 99 | Location: Bremerton, WA | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yes. The time should be proportional to the weight, like boiling water.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15486 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Dillons had so me pretty good looking corn the other day when I was in there. I picked up several, and just had one with my lunch.

Really easy, and really good.

Posts: 3240 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been using Jim's method since I first saw it here......soooooo easy. In fact, I just received some new corn cob holders that I ordered(from ebay) yesterday. Plan to buy some corn tomorrow for the weekend grilling.

Posts: 6627 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Our corn-raising farmer in-laws taught this to us some time back with a slight mod. Lay the corn on a wet paper towel in the microwave. It may or may not help the ear release from the husk easier.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8354 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just had some fresh picked corn tonight. It was super good.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I need mine cut off the cob please Big Grin

Good Grips Corn Stripper

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post