SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is attached to this car?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is attached to this car? Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Instead of pork, he is smoking himself.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
After a dozen beers each, two guys at a bar decided to attach a bunch of pipes, wires, etc. to one guy's car, then drive around, laughing their butts off, over all the confusing looks they were getting.

Next month, they are going to move everything to pontoon boat and cruise around the marina.

And finally for Christmas, they are stacking it into the back of a Santa sled, and parking it on the side of the interstate with a jack under one skid.

Every Saturday, they invite a bunch of friends over to share all the videos they took and plan the next gig.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2275 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Better clear out. The Libyans can't be far away...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
A non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdle spring on the “up” end of the grammeters.

This only works well with the high compression mud flaps.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is how VW got caught cheating emissions on their diesels. A group did a cross country run using emissions testers like this on 2 VWs and a BMW, the BMW was good both VWs had high NOx. The cheat was the emission controls were tightened up if no steering input was seen, like on a dyno but was loosened when the steering wheel was moved on a regular basis, like driving on a road.

Posts: 159 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
A non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdle spring on the “up” end of the grammeters.

You don't see those old turboencabulators much any more, not since the micro-encabulators came out.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
That looks like a prototype of the newest future California mandate to save the earth.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I followed a VW through Downtown LA and took many pics. It was similar to the OP's but it was far more complicated looking.

I need to figure out how to post a pic. I probably took 50 pics.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
I followed a VW through Downtown LA and took many pics. It was similar to the OP's but it was far more complicated looking.

I need to figure out how to post a pic. I probably took 50 pics.

I used Post Image, it works well and easy to use. Took me a few tries to get the right link, though. Interested in seeing your pics.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Ok, I think I did it right.

I first noticed it around Union Station and it happened to be going in my direction all the way out to De Soto.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Maybe I didnt after all.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Sad commentary of the times, but I'd have been thinking VIED and backed WAY the hell off.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Wow that's a lot more stuff on that car. Looks like the ones at one of the previous links. Pretty interesting, though, guess maybe we'll see more of these.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
https://postimg.cc/image/odzm802od/

This is from another side. The trunk area and back seat were full of test equipment. The unit hanging off the back looked like a small generator. The scrub driving was just driving like a regular motorist in rush hour.

King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Did you notice anything on the plate? The car I saw had DST down the left side, which I figured out means New Vehicle Distributor. Not sure exactly what it means, but think it's basically the actual car company, not dealers. Dealers get DLR plates.

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The plate was 062 M 525

King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
No DST then. Wondering if it's the car companies doing thia or individual researchers, or some .gov agency like EPA.

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The plate had a green, year registration expiration sticker - 2019.

No one I've talked with has any idea who or what was being tested but it was loaded with gear.

Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
My first thought was some sort of emissions testing device. If not that, a new version of the gonculator.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2106 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They test a bit differently across the pond

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post