SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Poll...fried chicken
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll...fried chicken Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
OK...I'm scarfing down the last wing and drumstick from the 8 piece box of Publix fried chicken I bought last night (I love me some Publix chicken...an 8 piece box, a pound of tater logs and a pint of slaw from the BBQ restaurant on the way home and it's deep fried heaven)...

This is not about your favorite fried chicken place (but feel free to post your favorite Smile)...I just got to thinking as I ate the cold dead leftovers out of the fridge, how much of my chickin' eatin' over the last 60 years has been cold, either from the refrigerator or a cooler. I actually prefer cold fried chicken (no microwave for me thank you)...don't get me wrong, I do like it hot, but cold chicken just has a better taste to me (maybe it's the congealed grease Big Grin)...

Hence the question...

Question:
How do you primarily like your fried chicken?

Choices:
Hot.
Cold.
Either way is fine with me...it's fried chicken after all...it's all good.
I don't care for fried chicken...I'm funny that way.
What's this chicken of which you speak?

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I'll eat it cold, no doubt, but I prefer it hot.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10493 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fresh & hit is the best. Cold chicken more so when younger but seldom nowadays.

Posts: 1755 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Prefer extra crispy and hot. There are also some Korean places in Korea Town that serve a mean Korean style fried (wings and drumettes) chicken with different flavorings. The spicy one with sweet kochujang is nice - spicy, sweet, crispy yummy.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12748 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I prefer it hot, but if it's leftovers I eat it cold. Re-warming it by whatever method ruins it.

Coincidentally, we're having Boneless Fried for supper tonight, with chunks cut from breast fillets from our own chickens. Chicken gravy, smashed pa-tadas and corn to go with.

Burrrp...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15264 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hot please. Cold leftovers are fine though.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I'll eat it cold, no doubt, but I prefer it hot.

This

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
I prefer it hot, but if it's leftovers I eat it cold. Re-warming it by whatever method ruins it.

This is how I feel about fried chicken.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

Coincidentally, we're having Boneless Fried for supper tonight

Burrrp...

Big Grin

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
My wife is from Arkansas and has the best Southern Fried Chicken you ever ate along with fresh picked Poke Salad, black eyed peas, sweet potatoes and corn bread.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I treat it the same way as pizza. I prefer it hot, but if it gets cold, I would eat it cold too.
I would still eat it soggy reheated if I have sides to go with it.

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Don't matter, as long as it didn't come from KFC.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to recall the last time I ate fried chicken and had leftovers. I guess this poll doesn't apply to me.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23308 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Good timing. I was going to post a "search for the best fried chicken" in the state of Florida. Can we do that here?

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Good timing. I was going to post a "search for the best fried chicken" in the state of Florida. Can we do that here?

Why shoot YEAH! Big Grin

Jimmy Buffet

posted Hide Post
If you are in NOLA, go to Willie Maes.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Publix has the best fried chicken I have ever eaten bar none.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20323 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
The best fried chicken I ever ate was out of my grandmother in law's ancient iron skillet. A close second is the General Store in Lorman, Mississippi. And I definitely agree with hot is best, but leftovers should be cold. No way to reheat them that doesn't dry them out.

Posts: 395 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Hot, initially, then cold. Either way is fine, but fried chicken must never be reheated.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've fried chicken in a kitchen known for the fried chicken. I learned a few secrets. There's more than one way to do it right, but to my knowledge, all of them involve eating the chicken shortly after frying. Reheat any of the great recipes and they all fall down some way or another. Some things are just best had right at the moment. Fried chicken is one.

Like the other poster who compared it to pizza, I also tend to find it mostly agreeable, but only in an "it's a shadow of its former glory" sort of way. Big Grin

Posts: 17193 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post