SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long should one expect a package from the UK to arrive in the US?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long should one expect a package from the UK to arrive in the US? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I ordered the boy some official gear directly from Newcastle United FC on the 12th and it shipped the 14th.
I have a DHL tracking number but it just says incorrect information when I try to track it.
I have sent NUFC a couple emails with no response.

I have ordered a number of import CDs from multiple countries is Europe and all were under two weeks some even just a week.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25410 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I just received a pair of headphones that started in Slovenia and were 1st shipped to Leipzig, Germany where the customs notice was sent forward to Cincinnati, USA. Meanwhile, the product continued on to Heathrow, then New York City and to Cincinnati where it got married-up with its customs stuff, and then off to “Seattle”, where it went for delivery.

2 days w/ DHL

They left it on the porch despite it being signature required.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Bought some slippers from the U.K. on January 15th. They were delivered on February 1st.

Kids toys from the Netherlands bought on January 14th arrived today.

Hopefully yours will arrive soon (as long as they don't hand it off to FedEx).

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Took a month fora lightsaber from Hong Kong last year for the kid

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I order from Varusteleka in Finland from time to time. Usually get the order via DHL in 10 days or less.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I've recently had 2 packages(handmade shoes and accessories) shipped by DHL Express from UK and took 3 days. Shipped from Birmingham UK on Jan 18th, delivered to California on Jan 20th.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a record from the UK. It took about two months to get here.

Posts: 612 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lechiffre:

It took five weeks for me to receive two DVDs from Sweden. But that was a few years ago.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
I have ordered cycling jerseys from the UK twice and neither shipment took longer than about a week. I have also ordered CDs and t-shirts from Switzerland a few times. I think the longest any of them took was about two weeks but that one was when Covid was still affecting international mail.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it would be reasonable for it to be here.
I have sent the team/merchant provider 2 emails this week to different email accounts with no response.
I used Amazon pay to pay for the transaction. I sent Amazon an email this morning to see if they could assist.

————————————————

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I've ordered things from the UK that came via DHL previously, and the VAST majority of the transit time was actually while the item was still in the UK. Things always seemed to move point to point MUCH slower than one would expect when compared to shipping in the US, and then when it finally got to Customs, yet another even longer delay! Once it actually leaves the UK, the rate of progress always seemed to pick up DRAMATICALLY, and the item was delivered sooner than I expected, like in just a few days!.

I know you say that the Tracking is NOT working, but another thing I noticed is that there was always a delay in the status/progress updates of the shipment being reflected in the Tracking, plus if the item get's handed off to another shipper once in the US, you might 'lose track' of it completely unless you know who's delivering it.

It seems to me that shipping times from the UK will vary, and are often dependant/influenced by the shipper, as they need to provide a Commercial Invoice and other paperwork in order for the item to clear Customs quickly/efficiently! Any hiccups along the way, and you're looking at a delay.

Shipped on the 14th (more likely the 16th as the 14th was a Saturday), your package 'should' be arriving any day now... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
It frequently takes 4 weeks for us to receive from the UK. My sister on the east coast gets it in about 2 weeks.

Note they've been having strikes in the UK which could be delaying your package.

Posts: 9437 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’ve ordered parts that don’t seem to have a US distributor a couple times. It’s about 2 weeks.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lechiffre:

That must be some kind of record.

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I got an email saying my money had been refunded because my items had returned to them.

I sent a reply to that email asking what the actual issue was and if I should just reorder.
I’d really like the kit for the boy from the club itself.
The banner at the top of their site talks about shipping to the US so that should not be the issue.

————————————————

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I guess it depends on what and who you're buying from, ordered a pair of bespoke cufflinks on Saturday arrived this afternoon by DHL, shipped from Jermyn Street, London.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I ordered some books from a place in Ireland on Jan 27. They arrived yesterday (Feb 7).

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Got a Walkingstick (stout black’torn) from Ireland… Took about one week.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I got an email saying my money had been refunded because my items had returned to them.

Sounds like they dropped the ball/screwed up the shipping and/or the customs paperwork.

I'd reorder, and [gasp] pay w/ PayPal just so you're covered. Last order I had shipped from the UK I paid for the order and then got a separate PayPal Invoice for the shipping. All went smooth, though the shipment spent an inordinate amount of time in transit within the UK and later customs. After that, it move WAY faster than I anticipated, getting delivered in only a few days once it left the UK.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Mine's usually the day it was needed + 1.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post