quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Our annual SD pheasant hunt

Where do you go in SD?
October 25, 2021, 09:29 PM
I shot 11 turkey's last week with a camera. Big Grin

October 25, 2021, 09:49 PM
chbibc
Opening day a few years back. The dog photo-bombed me!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
October 25, 2021, 09:54 PM
HayesGreener
Where do you go in SD?[/QUOTE]
Wagner

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
October 26, 2021, 05:08 AM
sybo
I’ve done a fair amount of Wild Hog hunting.
https://imgur.com/a/skV6zRB
October 26, 2021, 07:39 AM
Ironbutt
Sandy with his very first pheasant retrieve. He looks kinda smug.Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell
October 26, 2021, 10:27 AM
mcrimm
We live in rural Montana. We have an abundance of wildlife that live on or near our property. We see deer daily walking through. We have a couple of pheasant families that live in our shelter belt. We have black bears that feast on our apple trees in the fall. We have a heard of about 100 elk that move back and forth about a mile south of us. Here's a photo I recently took out of my car window.

If I need more wildlife, I head about 15 miles to Glacier National Park for Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goats, Grizzly Bears, Moose and Black Bears. I don't hunt.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
October 31, 2021, 06:52 PM
357fuzz
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Where do you go in SD?

Wagner[/QUOTE]

Well. If you ever make it to Sewer City on one of your trips let me know and we can meet up!
November 21, 2021, 06:04 PM
Sigforall

Saturday mornings buck.

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."
November 21, 2021, 06:13 PM
98XJRC
Congrats Sigforall that’s a great looking mature Buck.

I was fortunate enough to harvest this guy a few weeks back. He came through at last light and was able to put an arrow through him. He took off and I heard him crash but due to how thick the brush was I was unable to find him after dark. He didn’t leave a good blood trail, but I decided to walk out and come back in the morning with the temps dropping into the 20’s overnight. He was 20 yards from where I had stopped looking. He’s a great buck for the public land I was hunting and one that will take a few years for me to surpass.

November 22, 2021, 02:19 PM
PHPaul

Younger Grandson's girlfriend took this 165 pound 6 pointer yesterday.

So far, he's been skunked and the season ends Saturday.

Not that I'd rub it in or anything...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
November 22, 2021, 06:33 PM
ugeesta
Wend 1 for 2 this year.

This is about the only good pic from my Antelope hunt on the eastern plains.

Looking North towards Wyoming. Note the camper city in the middle. A couple large camps. Surprisingly, everyone went in different directions.

Tags were filled by 9:45 opening morning. Mine was about 150 yard shot thru the right shoulder. Outside of a drop, it was a good, humane kill.

It was a 2 mile hike back to camp. With 2 elk down, we had to go back the next morning to retrieve all the game bags

My buddies cow hanging overnight on the hill

The area was burned out about 5 years ago. Still a good amount of standing dead, but makes for good pictures

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.
November 22, 2021, 06:47 PM
coloradohunter44
Nice pics everyone, and some nice critters for the table too. Keep em coming! Congrats on all the successful hunts, whether you took animals or not. It's about getting out and enjoying nature and friends.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
November 23, 2021, 07:05 PM
cas
Unhappy hunting photo.
A few hours ago. My back is screwed up, so rather than being out and about, I’m sitting behind the cabin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,
November 23, 2021, 09:39 PM
YellowJacket
Nice Numero Uno. ^^^^^

I stocked the freezer some on Monday morning. It was raining first thing and I didn't sleep well so I slept in and got in the stand at 8a. At 825 the doe came into my stand and I shot her at 20 yards. 4 or 5 minutes later the buck was on her trail, grunting and looking for her. He's not THE buck I've been after in this location but I'd already made up my mind I wanted 2 deer this week so I let him have it.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.