SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's see some happy hunting photos!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's see some happy hunting photos! Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
Hers the best elk I've ever taken. It took 25 preference points to draw the tag. 4 days of hunting did the trick. Man am I tired of walking. But it was all a great trip and experience.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Bull, how was the pack out? By far my favorite table fare of all of the animals I have hunted.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Beautiful Bull, how was the pack out? By far my favorite table fare of all of the animals I have hunted.

Turns out their was a legal two track 315 yards away. With three people it was all done in less than two hours. Back straps for lunch tomorrow. Come on over!

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats. That is a successful hunt. A nice Desert bull. What did you take him with ?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
A beautiful animal! Bon appetit!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Congrats. That is a successful hunt. A nice Desert bull. What did you take him with ?

I had a rifle tag. Remington 700 BDL made in the early 90's. 338 win Mag. 250 grain Nosler partition hand loads. Love that rifle.

FBLM LGB!

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post

I'm the loser on the right with the Parker.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
https://imgur.com/a/Vt1qsSa

Luvs me some Hog Hunting!!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Our annual SD pheasant hunt

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm the loser on the right with the Parker.[/QUOTE]

Are those woodcock, I can't seem to zoom in ? I'd be happy to take that Parker off your hands too !

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
What? A karma for a Parker? I'm in!!!

FBLM LGB!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:

Forget about the Parker for a minute.....What a great 6X6 CO bull ! I started hunting CO with a longbow 45 years ago and killed a few elk but nothing close to that brute. That is truly a trophy of a lifetime so mega congrats !

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Great animal. Good hunt.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:

Forget about the Parker for a minute.....What a great 6X6 CO bull ! I started hunting CO with a longbow 45 years ago and killed a few elk but nothing close to that brute. That is truly a trophy of a lifetime so mega congrats !

Thank you sir. Truly a once in a lifetime hunt. I wish everyone could enjoy such a memorable and successful hunt. 25 years of waiting to draw...

FBLM LGB!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Are those woodcock, I can't seem to zoom in ? I'd be happy to take that Parker off your hands too !

They are indeed. Put up 50+ migratory birds in two hours. One of the best days afield in my entire life.

quote:

HAHA!

That's only the 20 gauge. The .410 will really make your knees buckle.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
50 birds in two hours is insane, what a day. Those woodcock ate pretty well as I remember.

Well if you won't Karma the Parker..... how about the bird dog ? Big Grin

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Years ago in SoDak with my Dad and some friends. Great memories.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those woodcock ate pretty well as I remember.

Oh yes they do. We breast them out, soak in milk, pound flat, and wrap around jalapeno filled with cream cheese. Throw them on the grill for a bit and you're all set.

Don't forget the Studweiser. Wink

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:
Those woodcock ate pretty well as I remember.

Oh yes they do. We breast them out, soak in milk, pound flat, and wrap around jalapeno filled with cream cheese. Throw them on the grill for a bit and you're all set.

Don't forget the Studweiser. Wink

Sounds great! What times dinner?

Keep the pics coming folks. Go make some memories!

FBLM LGB!

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
How about an update folks! Gotta be some more successful hunters out there.

FBLM LGB!