SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lost a Friend, Mentor and Business Partner Today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost a Friend, Mentor and Business Partner Today Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I am involved in a number of businesses, including one with another forum member, who can identify himself if he wishes to.

Today, we lost a friend, mentor and business partner to heart disease. He went in for a procedure to open up a cardiac artery and never woke up.

If you are of a mind, please offer up a prayer or positive thoughts for Bob Francis, late of Tampa Bay by way of Texas, and those he leaves behind, especially his wife, Lorraine.

Bob's son passed two years ago Christmas season, and it weighed heavily on him. He is now at peace.

Bob was an electrical engineer, served in the Air Force, was prepared to be ordained a Methodist Minister, started over 25 businesses in his life, made a damned good living, was a coast guard licensed captain, loved guns and shooting, and from what I can tell, enjoyed the hell out of life, right to the very end. As Bob would say, "It's Friday, got to get home, it's margarita night!"

He is survived by his wife and his two daughters.

Godspeed Bob, and may God's mercy comfort you, Lorraine.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12915 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my condolences

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53772 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers. RIP.

Posts: 1823 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to read of your loss.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12399 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure Artie, my prayers are for him.

You just never know. My best friend almost died of heart blockage about a year ago. My gun shooting buddy. He is doing great today and I am thankful he is still with us. Sorry for your loss.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an outstanding person, I hope his family and friends will receive some comfort soon.

Posts: 13052 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Condolences, Artie.

Posts: 108999 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sir. That means a lot.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12915 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry, Artie. Despite all the progress in cardiology, we still lose lots of good people, and it is a reminder of how close we are to losing loved ones.

Posts: 18343 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
RIP Bob.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My condolences, Art.

Prayers for Bob's family and friends.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44442 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Frown

I'm very sorry, Artie. You have my deepest condolences.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Very sorry Artie. Prayers for Bob's wife and daughters.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21104 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Condolences and prayers sent.

Posts: 3813 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Artie, prayers not only for Bob's family at this difficult time, but also for you as well as his other friends...the passing of a friend is a hard thing...

My condolences to you.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of this Artie. Take solace in that I'd imagine his list of regrets is shorter than most.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, Artie. My prayers for you, and also for his family.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prayers for him and his family.
God bless.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Deepest condolences.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Nice tribute Artie. Condolences to you and his family.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19700 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post