SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    11 Iranians arrested entering southern border from Mexico
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

11 Iranians arrested entering southern border from Mexico Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I had an Iranian friend, medical professional, in the US for medical training/experience; while here he became a Christian. They wouldn't let his wife come to the US as she was in what was deemed a critical "education" position.

Things got much stinkier in Iran, my friend had a flight to Tehran to visit his wife. We gave him a copy of the bible for his trip. "No, my luggage will be inspected when I arrive in Tehran, if they find a bible, I will be executed on the spot".

Seems my friend's wife was on a gov't assignment in Turkey, was somehow able to "escape" to the US to join her husband (I think through Morocco).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The dump next door to me is owned by an Iranian terrorist. The terrorist part is that he won't take care of it. Think pealing pain. Its only been vacant since 2005. At least the city has mandated he cut the grass in the summer. If he doesn't, they cut it and bill him. Smile His stupid daughter bought the place with stated intentions of living in it. That didn't happen, but she overpaid (his money I assume) so they can't sell it without taking a loss.

So far my only vandalism is to take the power wires and get them up into the gutter. Believe it or not, it looks better than wires just hanging. So now I hate Iranians, and with good cause.

In the past I've posted a whole litany of events that have taken place over there. My wife tells me to just be quiet about it. Empty is probably better than someone living there. Some of them even fun. The prior owners grandson had a chevy cavalier. Just by chance I bought my son an identical colored one. One day a wrecker pulls up and backs into my drive, wanting to hook up his car. I politely walked outside and pointed out to him that stealing one of my cars, or trying to is a good way to get shot. He offered to punch me, and I thanked him for the threat, and that if I shot him it'd be OK. I don't accept threats on my own driveway. Smile My wife came out and I told her to call the locals. It was kind of fun even. Here in the south, we don't suffer car thieves politely. Particularly with its our car they plan on stealing. So the cop did the cop like thing and asked him if he had paperwork. He got a smug look and got some out of his wrecker. He walked over to my son's car and looked in the windshield. Sure enough, different serial #. Then the cop asked him if he'd driven all the way from Ohio to steal my car. The look on his face was priceless. So the cop gave him a quick lesson on staying alive. Check the serial # before hooking up. Stealing a car over here in the hills can be fatal. Big Grin

During all that the neighbors car was parked behind the house, in the grass. Smile Some folks just are employed above their capabilities. As he was leaving, the cop suggested I not shoot repo men, even if they needed it. We moved my wife's car out of the garage and the son's into it. The cop said it makes a much better case for shooting the bastard if they break in first.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Truth stranger than fiction........

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post