SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bad Boy Mowers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad Boy Mowers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I would use a tow behind self powered deck for that sort of mowing. Pull it with an ATV or a UTV. But if you want a ZT mower then have at it!

Posts: 1803 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Friend has a Bad Boy and loves it. I have a 54” Z920A Deere and it has been a raging disappointment. I got it after my dad died. Had less than 80 hours. The seals on the pumps blew out 8 times over three years (4 times on each side). Before it hit 300 hours it lost almost all compression. Last problem was the wires from the ignition to the engine go UNDER the freakin skid plate back to the engine and of course, they got snagged on something and broke. I’ll not own another and would likely have tossed this thing if it hadn’t been my dad’s and free to me.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 50in Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle with a 27 horse Generac that is a mowing monster last 10 years. It has been very good for me, I mow between 3 to 8 acres with it. It mows the pasture better than my 6ft Bush Hog does.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have a Gravely dealer in your area, take a look.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I bought a like new bad boy ZT 60 in 2011. It was a 2010 model with 60 hours that I found on craigslist. It was being listed by a pawnshop, and there was no history. It had a 27 horse Kohler and a 60 inch deck. It replaced my craftsman 21 hp 48 inch cut riding mower. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I treated it like a queen the first eight or nine years, in the last few years it got worked pretty hard. I mowed my yard which takes about an hour or so, And I mowed three other yards for extra money. It got regular maintenance, synthetic oil from the day I picked it up, and I can’t really say that I had any problems. My model had the hydraulic deck lift, and every now and then the arm would get stuck, and it would not raise or lower. Was not a serious problem, just annoying. This spring I put a new starter on it, and replaced the deck bearings. My son-in-law decided to sell his three year old ex mark. I bought it, and put the bad boy out in the front yard for sale. When I bought it I paid $3600, put it in my front yard for $2500, and sold it for $2200. It was a great mower, Plenty of power even for tall grass, and it threw the grass out very well also. I would recommend 10 out of 10.

With that being said, I can tell a difference between that and the X mark. The X mark has the air cushion seat, and that makes a huge, huge difference. The X mark also seems like it is more refined as far as steering goes. Just a little more smooth, Less mechanical feeling. It is also using technology that is about 20 years newer, lol. It does not mow any better, and it does not throw the grass out any better than the bad boy did. If the new bad boy mowers are as good as the old ones, I don’t think you would have any regrets. For $6000 though, I think that you could get a nice used ex mark, or Scagg, or hustler and possibly be better served.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I replaced a 42" Husqvarna riding mower with a Cub Cadet ZT this past spring. I have no experience with BB but from what I can tell all the ZT mowers are really fast. With the same size deck I can knock my lawn out in a fraction of the time just based on speed. But I had a hell of a time getting used to the controls.

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
Why not just get a finish mower to run on the tractor? Unless I'm mistaken, you already have a tractor to run one on.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
A friend has a "Farris"(?) ztr mower with 4 wheel spring suspension / free floating mower deck / seat suspension.... he cuts several acres containing open rolling pasture / large nut tree orchard /and close yard cutting... he personally has neck / spine and mobility issues... do not remember the size of the mower deck or motor size but it has served his needs...... Do remember him saying that his "Farris" was not cheap.... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Given there isn’t one single brand everyone references I’d say it’s safe to say there are multiple good brands available. As many have mentioned a used option can get more mower for less money and I’m a big fan of that. I would consider availability and location of parts and service though before buying anything when it comes to equipment beyond a chainsaw or weedeater etc. It depends on your comfort level doing basic maintenance etc. but having a competent dealer or service center nearby is a factor.

I have a rough yard and mow about 2 acres typically. I considered the zero turn but ended up using a belly mower on my small Kubota tractor. Your needs give you a lot of flexibility in terms of zero turn vs traditional tractor. Would the dealer bring a machine out and allow you to demo it one day? Might make the decision much easier one way or the other.

I’m not a beer drinker so my only thought would be one of the classic beer helmets with straw. Added safety and protection from the sun and would certainly make a statement to everyone in the neighborhood! Good luck with your purchase.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post