SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I hate a kidney stone...looks like I’ve got another one to deal with :>(
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate a kidney stone...looks like I’ve got another one to deal with :>( Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
'stones aren't for wimps'....

had a couple a few years back that put me in ER. Lithotripsy definite helper for mine.

Have passed a fewer smaller bits since, with a couple days/week of varying degrees of misery, that finally dropped just before calling in for professional appointment.

Periodic cherry juice, avoiding spinach & always plenty of water, to be beneficial 'most' of the time.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what time is it when you Nephrologist can't solve your kidney stone problem?

Time to get a new nephrologist

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I've had several, all uric acid variety (had some tested) which of course is no worse or better than other varieties.
So this is what I've learned over the years.

Beer is not your friend. God I love beer, but it it's very toxic if you have a propensity for kidney stones and especially elevated uric acid.

Internal organ meats are out. No liver, heart kidney etc. Don't eat them

Red meet too. A little is okay, but don't eat a steak the size of of a toilet seat.

Tart cherry juice helps flush crap. Not your regular sweat ass Cherry juice in the grocery store middle isle. But rather pure tart cherry juice. It's sometimes in the juice isle, but if it's less that $5 for a jug, read the labels.

As long as your kidneys are in relatively good shape, drink water. Lots of water. A gal a day at minimum. Sure, you'll be got to pee a lot but that's the cleansing.

Get a good night's sleep. Even if you need to take something to help with that. I like CBD with Melatonin. Easy sleep, and wake up refreshed. YMMV, but if you're not sleeping at least 4 hours without waking up to pee or toss around you might need some help.

I guess the message is total health is important.

mine are Calcium somethinganohter,

Euro recommended beer, water, easy on the tea, and no soda's

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10594 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post