SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any SE PA folks get mailings from KeystoneCollects?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any SE PA folks get mailings from KeystoneCollects? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Just got what appears to be tax filing info from them. Lived in the area for 6 years, and have never gotten such a thing before.

Fiancee got something from them earlier saying that she's delinquent on her local taxes from last year.

I looked them up on the BBB and there are nearly 100 complaints filed against them and the 1-star reviews are consistent.

The one thing I can't determine is if this is an outright scam or if this is an actual contractor for counties/municipalities for tax collection?

For reference, I'm in Chester county and have been for 1 year prior. Before that was in DelCo.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are they located?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I live in Berks Co and yes they administer the local tax of 1% here, and have for years. No issues - if you don't count having to pay a 1% local tax Roll Eyes . Cannot say if this is a new outfit for Chester Co or not.

If you wish to check further, this website has been on my filing instructions for years.

www.keystonecollects.com

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2020 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
local taxes

?

Posts: 28019 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Keystone Collects administers the local tax for Chester Co and many others... for the last twenty years or so. Not sure how you haven’t heard of them if you lived in PA for more than a year.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them, but then again I live in Lancaster County.

Posts: 3163 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Keystone Collects administers the local tax for Chester Co and many others... for the last twenty years or so. Not sure how you haven’t heard of them if you lived in PA for more than a year.

Probably the same tax collector that contacted me when I lived in Montgomery County in late '90's and told me I owed around $30 in local tax. I told them to piss off.

They got their $30 by contacting my employer and attaching the money from my pay check.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Never once gotten anything from them until now.

My local tax is paid by my employer; the 1% is listed on my W2.

No idea why they're sending me something now, especially since my taxes are and have been paid via withholding.

To be clear, what I was sent is not a bill, just a return, but it's odd to me that this is my 7th tax season here and have never received anything from them. (Many of the complaints on the BBB website are similar, however: getting sent bills from 2014 in 2019, etc.)

My fiancee was, however, sent a bill, even though her local taxes are paid by withhold as well. I'm also pretty sure she never got anything from them until this year, though she's only been here for 3 years.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
You still have to file a local return, just like state and Federal even though they also are withheld.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As said above, you still need to file a annual tax return with the local government, just like you do for Federal and State taxes.

My advice is to contact a tax attorney and get your back tax filings in order.

Posts: 80 | Registered: July 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
I live in Berks Co and yes they administer the local tax of 1% here, and have for years. No issues - if you don't count having to pay a 1% local tax Roll Eyes . Cannot say if this is a new outfit for Chester Co or not.

If you wish to check further, this website has been on my filing instructions for years.

www.keystonecollects.com

Really? I’ve never heard of them and also live in Berks Co, PA.

We have Berkheimer handle local taxes here and the 1% is collected out of my paycheck all year so I thankfully don’t have to write them a check when I do my local taxes.

OP: that sounds like a scam to me, I’d proceed with caution.

Posts: 33897 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Yes, really and it's not a scam. WTF, PASig, do you think we're liars and posting advice to cause harm? Have you ever lived in Chester County???

OP - Go ahead and ignore the taxman at your own risk.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yeah!

If we’re dealing with an outfit that doesn’t make things clear, conducts its business in an untimely manner, and especially if its claims and demands are not totally correct, it must be a scam. A government agency or contractor would never be guilty of any of that. Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47421 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That name sounds similar to who administers my township's local EIT. I thought that was called Keystone Collections Group.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
No need for you guys to jump my shit just because I bring up I’ve never heard of them, SMDH.

I’m out. Whatever

Posts: 33897 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post