SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Medical Alert Devices - Any Recommendations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medical Alert Devices - Any Recommendations? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

On the subject of grab rails, my father bought some rails that use large suction cups and seem very secure. They need a smooth surface to attach but otherwise are easy to use.
Those are NOT to be trusted!

I used one for a short time. The suction cups would break loose with no warning. It was not a matter of weight, sometimes they would let go in the middle of the night when nobody was even in the bathroom. A major accident, waiting to happen.

I replaced them with standard (not suction cup) types, secured to the wall with very sturdy butterfly type toggle bolts. Easy install, beyond my capability right now due to my physical limitations, but I had a handyman do it. Less than an hour for two grab bars. Twelve toggle bolts, three at each end, so six to a bar. They are solid.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30705 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post