SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Working while sick is the pits
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Working while sick is the pits Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
Did it suck when you had to work when you felt like sh*t?

That's all Mark123 is saying, Scooter. I'm certain Mark123 does whatever he needs to do to keep the lights on.
Yes, still went. Still made money to feed the family. Then I got shot by ten archers. Twice. And while taking out the last arrow, i got a splinter. When i came to from the splinter, i revved up the trimmer and bled a straight line against the final house. Just then the house exploded from a gas leak sending shrapnel into both of my eyes. But did that stop me. Well, yes, I’m no scooter.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Mark, I'm not sure of your schedule but one thing we did is move from 5 eight hour days to 4 ten hr. days.
Those make for some longer days but that extra day to recuperate or take off from rain, made a big difference for us.
Maybe not feasible for you but since you're the boss and the employee, employee Mark might appreciate it.

I don’t exactly have measured days, just a list of what needs to be completed. Sometimes 7 hours, sometimes 12. Of course, when there are ninja enemies to contend with and having no eyes, things get complicated.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
This one time when I was in an iron lung because of polio and botulism, I had my coworkers hoist me overboard so I could fix the bulkhead on the USS Nimitz. Unfortunately, the ropes broke before I could finish my welding but all was not lost as the USS Jacksonville also needed repairs. I just stayed submerged between the ages of 14 and 68 to get the job done.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
^^^^
WOW!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:

What I am saying here is that a large majority of us have worked while sick, after surgery with a drain strapped to their leg, with broken bones, smashed hands and a whole host of other injuries and you are whining about having to work with a runny nose.

This from the guy who posted that failure to mask, vaccinate and lock down for the Covid pandemic is tantamount to attempted murder. Roll Eyes Post from 4/18/20

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:

What I am saying here is that a large majority of us have worked while sick, after surgery with a drain strapped to their leg, with broken bones, smashed hands and a whole host of other injuries and you are whining about having to work with a runny nose.

This from the guy who posted that failure to mask, vaccinate and lock down for the Covid pandemic is tantamount to attempted murder. Roll Eyes Post from 4/18/20
But did he go to work? The answer is YES! Yes, I tell you. *pounds table*