SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wendy's is Hilarious, First Their Tweeter Trolling, Now a Dis Tape.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wendy's is Hilarious, First Their Tweeter Trolling, Now a Dis Tape. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Some people get to have too much fun at work.

Steak 'n Shake throws shade at Wendy's on Twitter, promptly gets shut down

Best read in the actual link where you can see the tweets

Wendy’s is at it again.

The fast-food chain is infamous for posting snarky messages and beefing with rival restaurants on Twitter (no pun intended), but Steak 'n Shake didn't seem to take that information into consideration when taking a jab at Wendy's on Tuesday afternoon.

Steak 'n Shake launched its not-so-subtle jab at Wendy’s on Twitter, suggesting that some find the notion of eating at Wendy's "awkward," complete with a GIF featuring the cast of "New Girl" reacting with disappointment.

Wendy's, meanwhile, responded to the post within an hour, and had no trouble rebutting the accusation even though Steak n' Shake failed to tag the restaurant chain.

Of course Steak ‘n Shake tried their very best to win with a snappy comeback, but Wendy’s once again proved they dominate Twitter wars.

In the end, some Twitter users were amused by the mini power-play.

Some felt for Steak ‘n Shake, which has a lesser Twitter following than Wendy’s.

And others made up some puns of their own.

But in the end, Wendy’s had the last word, and tweeted out a plug for its "We Beefin'?" mixtape.

Steak & Shake shouldn't feel too bad, though, because they're only the latest to feel the wrath of Wendy's Twitter. McDonald's absolutely knows what it feels like to the be butt of Wendy's jokes, as does Carl's Jr. and IHOP.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, thats a minute and half of my life I'll never get back. Smile

Posts: 1164 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
Ok, thats a minute and half of my life I'll never get back. Smile

Then you listened waaaaay too long.

Posts: 21384 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Wendy's called them Mistake 'n Shake Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Wendy's called them Mistake 'n Shake Big Grin

Steak no Shake would have been more appropriate... at least in my experience. They never get the shakes out with our meals. Always after we are finished.

Posts: 2169 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
They never get the shakes out with our meals. Always after we are finished.
The location that we go to occasionally, usually gets the shakes to our table way before the "steak." Kind of like starting the meal with the dessert course.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31453 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
That is HILARIOUS. LOL Does Wendy have like an "Urban Marketing" arm? How in the hell do they crank something out like that so fast?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16232 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
That is HILARIOUS. LOL Does Wendy have like an "Urban Marketing" arm? How in the hell do they crank something out like that so fast?

If you're referring to the video, they didn't. That's been out for several months.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18094 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I couldn't make it past 10 seconds.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29910 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Why would I follow a commercial establish on Twitter?

(I don't follow anyone on Twitter, but why would I sign up for advertising voluntarily?)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I couldn't make it past 10 seconds.

Me neither. One crack house fighting with another crack house on social media, neat. I won’t eat at either because they serve shit food that will kill ya.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12963 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
With their (former) slogans:
- Wendy's hot and juicy.
- Wendy's makin' bacon.
I think Wendy's is inviting jabs.

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post