SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HandgunLaw.US Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HandgunLaw.US Question Login/Join 
posted
Thank you to someone here for educating me about the existence of this website.
The part that has been most helpful has been listing which states honor your state’s permit.
But a question: There is a footnote #2 which says These states (with a 2 footnote) “only honor Resident Permits from states they honor.” What does that mean?
For example —
I have a MD permit, and HandgunLaw.US says MD permit holders are honored by VA, NC, SC, GA, etc. But it lists SC with that 2 footnote.
I am probably dense. Not sure what it means.
Thanks much.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
You can get permits in states other than the one in which you reside. Those are non-resident permits and may not be honored in a reciprocal agreement.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5688 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I suspect that's done to thumb their nose at people from some states like NY or California that refuse to honor SC permits.
Not sure why they think it's the CCW holders idea and not the politicians from those states.

Posts: 9523 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
To expand on Krazeehorse's reply: Example. I am a Florida resident, I have a Florida concealed weapon permit.

I could obtain a similar permit from Pennsylvania.

Since I reside in Florida, the Florida permit would be a resident permit, honored in South Carolina, and the Pennsylvania one would be a non-resident permit, not honored in South Carolina.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much appreciated.
Makes sense now.
I must admit the brain was moving slowly enough that I didn’t get it till V-Tail’s example…
Thanks to all!

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post