SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hunter Biden offers to plead guilty to Tax Evasion
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunter Biden offers to plead guilty to Tax Evasion Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Again, sugar daddy's payments are obviously well in excess of tax-free gift limits. Surely, that was added to the tally as well, no?

No matter how many times you say it, that won't make it true.

Gifts in excess of limits trigger tax for the gifter, not the giftee.

And yes, that creates a huge incentive for IRS to try to recharacterize a gift as income whenever possible.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gifts in excess of limits trigger tax for the gifter, not the giftee.

And yes, that creates a huge incentive for IRS to try to recharacterize a gift as income whenever possible.

I would think it would be income to Hunter. He owed the tax, it was his debt. If someone paid it for him, I would call that income.

But... at the same time it's still a gift from the perspective of the giver.

Can the IRS pursue both?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24640 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

Short answer is yes

Posts: 53849 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have read this whole thread but perhaps I missed it, who is the person paying off Hunter's tax and probably other debts? I would sure like to know and think the general public should.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2949 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
I have read this whole thread but perhaps I missed it, who is the person paying off Hunter's tax and probably other debts? I would sure like to know and think the general public should.

"Hunter's sugar brother lawyer". Just google that.

He paid these as a "loan" to Hunter. Which I will be surprised if any of it is repaid.

Posts: 13119 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
When your finger paintings go for six figures to anonymous buyers, who are obviously great art connoisseurs, why even have someone hide their bribes under the guise of a "gift?"

Posts: 3691 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Is he going to have to pay those back taxes plus penalties and interest in addition to any other punishment? Seems to me, if his rich patron buddy in CA is paying that all for him, it's well beyond the tax-free gift limit, opening up new tax issues for him.
I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that the current lifetime gift tax exclusion (also affects estate taxes) was a little over 14 million. I have no idea how much back taxes someone paid for him, but up to whatever the current lifetime gift tax exclusion limit, the giver could file a form applying the gift against his or her limit and owe no gift taxes. Of course, if they used up their exemption for this gift their estate would all be taxable.

Posts: 7096 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uvahawk:
This is most likely an attempt to short-circuit additional evidence coming out at trial, such as the deals his father made with foreign entities.

This, plead guilty so they don't find additional charges and additional people involved and to get the cases over quickly. Father WILL pardon him right after the election.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Well, it's how they got Al Capone. I wonder if that means he gets sent to Alcatraz.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Smoke filled rooms

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post