SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lightest/softest recoil suppressed PDW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lightest/softest recoil suppressed PDW Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
Looking for a HD long arm for the wife - and myself.

I’m thinking about a Zenith MP5 clone, with the 8” barrel.

Anyone know how gassy they are with a suppressor? Do they make a flow through pistol suppressor?

I probably would make it an SBR/maybe keep it braced.

Ideally, it would be compatible with the mags for a sidearm with a manual safety/at least in the same caliber.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
They are very soft shooting and quiet with a can and 147gr ammo. I haven’t noticed any excess gas with my SP5K, which I would think would be gassier than the full length version you are looking at. Note that, with a K version, you should replace the locking piece when running suppressed and 147gr ammo. It helps with function and keeps it from overgassing the system. I don’t believe a flow through can would be necessary. I’m waiting on a Wolfman for mine; I temporarily am using an older 9mm pistol can.

There are a good variety of collapsible stocks out there, too. If you want light, why not consider a K version?

If you are really set on the magazines being cross compatible with a pistol, there are other PCCs that accept pistol mags out there. Personally, that wouldn’t be important enough to sway my purchase.

Obligatory eye candy.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17575 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a DDM4ISR in 300 BO that shoots pretty soft & quiet with subs.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1222 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all sorts of options. i ended up just having my wife and daughters shoot as many guns as i could find. wife ended up with a suppressed ps90 SBR. i didnt think it would be the winner. but she practices with it, cleans it etc. so PS90 it is. if there is a gun rental or friends with diverse arsenals.. get her feedback. just my 2 cents.

Posts: 778 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Concurrent conversation with some of those same questions and considerations running here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/7190054705/p/1

Worth a read at least.

Posts: 17573 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post