SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Connectivity in central Missouri
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Connectivity in central Missouri Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
An old friend has gone off the grid in Morgan County, Missouri. A bit up from The Lake, very hilly, he has to find high ground just to use his phone. A bunch of challenges for him, running any lines not going to happen. Locals tell him his only real hope for the interwebs and TV will be the Hughes satellite system. Does he have any hope of dealing with a reasonable outfit in Hughes? Any other viable alternatives?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on his location in Morgan county. I’m a Realtor at the lake and sell a lot of properties in Morgan county and internet is always a big question and I keep up on it.
If you let me know his address I’ll see what is available. We have several different options depending on the exact location of a property.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CoMo Electric serves a lot of Morgan County and they have CoMo connect internet/tv and it is awesome. I’m in an adjacent county and use a Verizon hotspot and can run our business off it and am watching Netflix right now and no problems. I’m on the back side of a hill and have 3 g coverage but on the other end of our property there is 4g

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot. All I have is a PO box#, I'll see if he can be more specific. As I remember some locals had mixed comments about CoMo, good and bad. TBH I'm not that optimistic for him, his property is low to be sure.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
If I had to go with satellite internet, I'd pick viasat over hughs. Look into AT&T fixed wireless as an alternative .... it beats the hell out of satellite internet if it's available.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DougE:
If I had to go with satellite internet, I'd pick viasat over hughs. Look into AT&T fixed wireless as an alternative .... it beats the hell out of satellite internet if it's available.

Thanks! Viasat looks very promising. Smile